[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>smoked weed for 2 years straight >one day I realize it

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: ll.jpg (39KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
ll.jpg
39KB, 420x420px
>smoked weed for 2 years straight
>one day I realize it has become my normal state of being
>quit, hoping it would allow me to enjoy things sober again
>tfw it's been 6 months without the herb and I feel empty and nothing brings me pleasure

Has anyone else quit weed for a long amount of time in hopes their life and well being would improve, if so share your experience with that.
>>
>>36873409
I quit last week and im fine

maybe your life just sucks; this isn't IV heroin where your normalcy of pleasure has such high expectations that you can't enjoy anything
>>
yep whenever i try to go sober the crushing weight of reality hits me and i need to smoke some weed so i don't blow my brains out hahahh
>>
Just keep smoking... it's better this way
>>
>>36873533
It might not be heroine tier, even if weed isn't dangerous in itself it does actually increase your enjoyment drastically compared to what a person experiences normally.
>>
Keep at it, it will eventually rapidly improve. Your mind will get faster, you get actual motivation to do shit and you will enjoy other things than you used to enjoy when smoking.
You may feel better sober than after smoking long-term.
Been there too.
>>
When high mundane shit becomes enjoyable, so when you are used to being high most of your habits become centred around mundane shit which makes you depressed when you are sober.

You can't just keep doing whatever you were doing when you were high and expect satisfaction.
>>
File: yumyumyumyumyum.jpg (162KB, 640x413px) Image search: [Google]
yumyumyumyumyum.jpg
162KB, 640x413px
>>36873409
I felt like that too, but I had to quit for a job. Tried a lot of drugs in my youth, but weed was exactly what I always wanted in a drug. Never stopped missing it after I quit.

I'll let you in on a secret. Now that you've detoxed, go back to the herb. Limit yourself to ONE hit per day. I'd recommend around dinner time. Once a week you can have a smoke day where you don't limit yourself too much.

If you're careful, your tolerance will plateau almost immediately. It will be extremely cheap to smoke. You'll feel it more and have a better high when you do it. Also, your tolerance will stay so low that in only takes about a week to detox for piss tests. You'll be happy again, but you'll also feel pride for showing self restraint.
>>
I've been smoking near enough daily for a few years now, the only time I stopped for a decent while was when I went to thailand for a month, I find if I'm actually doing things it doesn't bother me, but when I'm just doing my normal life, I would always rather be stoned.
>>
>just finished last final of the semester
>smoked before literally every class last semester
>smoked less at the start of this one and then when back to smoking like 4-5 times a day
>got mostly As and Bs on assignments the whole year

Why smoke less? I've been trying to but for fuck sake it's not like it seems to matter. I've been in a cast since February so I haven't been able to play guitar which is the only other fucking thing I care about. I wish I could smoke myself into a coma
>>
I've noticed when I stop smoking weed I get really lonely. My college life and sleeping situation isn't ideal for a girl to be over unfortunately. I suppose I just use weed as a substitute for my loveless and sexless existence. I can see myself quitting when I graduate because I'll be making enough for an apartment and thus have a better situation female-wise, but for now I'm trying to forget that I'm universally pepe the frog tfw no gf
>>
>same deal
>short term memory is shot, would forget what I was saying half way through a sentence
>long term memory shot, couldn't remember childhood
>watching TV I couldn't invest myself in the story or what they were saying, my mind was mostly aware of people talking on a flat screen
>disassociation, felt like I was piloting my body, real world was a game or not real
>no real emotions of hurt or joy
>quit cold turkey
>took about 7 months to feel normal again

What a strange experience.
>>
>>36875077
OP here, it was pretty much the same for me, I felt like a fucking moron. I also had problems setting words to what I felt and sometimes I could have a feeling of dread over me but had no clue as to what exactly was causing it.
>>
but dude weed lmao
it cures CANCER
you just can't handle it brooooo
>>
I've never found it to make a dramatic difference and I've been smoking on and off for many years, I honestly think 90% of it is in your head
>>
>>36873409
Smoked weed errrrrday all this past semester. My dealers went home for the summer so I'm dry, and it's really not a big deal. I didn't get enjoyment out of things pre-weed
>>
>>36875599
you sound like a colossal faggot
you know your life is sad when you can divide your it as 'pre-weed' and 'post-weed'
>>
Keep your head up man. Excercise is key. Even if it's just walking outside.
>>
>>36875863
I do man, I go on mountain hikes basically every day for at least 1hr often more. Exercise is great, especially when you are out in nature to.
>>
Been thinking about this stuff a lot lately.

I live in Cali, so weed is often talked about, widely accepted, etc. Almost everyone I know regularly smokes.

I got my medical card last year but I've been a daily user even before then, so probably like two years of almost daily smoking for me. I don't consume that quickly though, compared to some serious stoners I know, and I actually end up getting a lot of creative work done while stoned. What I've found curious recently is it's almost impossible now for me to focus on a movie or anything like that after I toke up but I can get sucked into working on a personal project or writing or something.
>>
>>36873409

Smoked for like 10 years nonstop.

Quit for job, warned by management that drug tests were coming. Ownership pulls me aside and basically says "We know you blaze LOL we're getting rid of actual junkies."

Still blaze on rare occasion rather than everyday routine. Marginally more productive/assertive, significantly more aware. I think weed is actually top notch so far as substances go. Still illegal in my state. Low tolerance means less does more for me. Gotta be careful though bc it's not hard for me to get UNCOMFORTABLY HIGH and all these crazy ass kids keep pushing the limit with this crazy moon weed and extracts. Prefer to feel elevated rather than borderline panic attack, so I just rip the super potent shit once or twice and don't smoke whole blunts to the face anymore.

I approve of weed more than any other substance. Do not approve smoking so often than you got a psychological dependency and just spend all your time half retarded. It's best enjoyed with moderation. Life will improve once you keep a handle on it. It's a lot like the "no fap" meme. If you're jerking it multiple times daily then you need to fucking stop and reevaluate, but if you fire one off every few days it doesn't hurt.
>>
I quit weed and drinking after more than two years of being fucked up at least half the week. Sometimes I'd get drunk every day of the week and for a year I smoked weed every night.

I still feel in sort of a daze. Being sober feels like some kind of drug now. It's like a trance.

I dont want it to end. I feel like a kid. I dont care about anything, I'm motivated and I dont feel like a loser. My life is going to shit but it was never going anywhere. I feel like at some point I'll smoke a joint and come back to reality and it'll suck so much. But maybe its something I gotta do. I am fucking useless when sober.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.