[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Well I just had my last day of high school. Didn't make

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

File: 2wq314231512.jpg (40KB, 300x470px) Image search: [Google]
2wq314231512.jpg
40KB, 300x470px
Well I just had my last day of high school. Didn't make a single friend or any good memories the entire 4 years, just a whole lot of nothing. How do I make sure that college isn't the same?
>>
You'll look back and miss how simple life was. Two things about college

Work hard -- really learn, don't memorize shit to pass, take the time you get in the class room and with your profs and learn. Shit hits hard once you get into an interview and have to show the skills you've learned, or at least sell them on the idea you know it.

Second -- join groups, network with people. Even just your roommates tell them if you like videogames tell them you haven't gone out much but you wanna go party etc. For the most part I never met any real asshats

As long as you 'put your self out there' you'll meet at least a couple people and make memorable moments
>>
>>36872126
Building off this anon, when people say "just BEE UR SELPH MANNN" they say that because when you find someone who likes you they will like you for you and not some chad persona
>>
>>36872013
Before going to college:
1. Get your hygiene 100% in check. Make sure you smell nice, don't have greasy hair or skin, dandruff under control, clean-shaven, nice white teeth when you get there. If you have horrible acne try seeing a dermatologist.
2. Don't dress autistically, wear basic well-fitting jeans and non-graphic t-shirt if you don't have a good fashion sense but avoid stuff like sweatpants, basketball shorts and most of all the autism sneakers.
3. Get a decent haircut. You don't have to go with the trendiest fuccboi hair style but something that's reasonably stylish and non-attention drawing. No long hair, no dorky bowlcut-looking shit, etc.
4. If you have social anxiety and you're not on any medication, try seeing a psychiatrist and getting a prescription for something like fluoxetine which helps you power through the anxiety and force yourself to be social.
5. If you're fat, start losing weight now. Count your calories and cut out the junk (anything sugary, snack foods, that kind of stuff). You can lose a decent amount in three months if you're dedicated. If you're a scrawny bastard, start doing some pushups and pullups, or check out a real bodyweight fitness routine like reddit bodyweightfitness forum, or get a real gym membership if that's an option. You won't be able to make a whole heck of a lot of progress in that timespan but once you get to uni you can use the gym there, it's a good start.
6. Read some articles about body language. How you present yourself to the world is important. Learn how to project confidence.
>>
Hi there friendo! It seems to me you're a bit deluded about what college life is going to be.

It's like HS, but worse! You won't make any lasting friends, you'll wonder why you wasted all that time and money there because you'll still struggle to get a job post graduation.

Don't pretend this is a fresh start for you. You are who you are because that's you. You had 4 years to change, and you didn't do shit. This ain't going to be any different.
>>
>>36872013
You have to make the effort anon. The first few weeks try as hard as you can to start talking to people. I know how horribly anxiety inducing it feels to just walk up to someone and strike up a conversation, but believe me you will feel better for it.

That was the only reason I had any friends throughout college was that initial conversation.
>>
college isn't going to be any better. if you're not going for furthering a REAL career you are just pissing money away
>>
>>36872195
At college:
1. I'm assuming you'll live in dorms as a freshman, leave the fucking door open. In the beginning people want to give you a chance and get to know you. Let them. Once you become an outcast it's hard to get yourself out of that situation. If you're miserable where you're living, talk to your RA and see if you can try living somewhere else.
2. Clubs! Go to them and stick with them. I suggest picking up a physical activity (like squash or judo) so that you can meet people in not a 100% social environment, you're physically involved and not just talking to people the entire time and you'll feel a little less awkward. Clubs within your major or career field are also good to get involved with.
3. Working at an on-campus job is another way to meet people.
>>
>>36872126
this is good advice

>>36872195
this is cuck advice
>>
Talk to as many people as you can in the first couple days of college. Everyone is nervous and spilling spaghetti so they'll understand when you do too. It makes it much less awkward when you get to know everyone at the start.
>>
>>36872013
>Well I just had my last day of high school. Didn't make a single friend or any good memories the entire 4 years, just a whole lot of nothing. How do I make sure that college isn't the same?

I'm gonna tell you an inconvenient truth anon - college is gonna be the same, and life after college is gonna be the same. The problem isn't the institution, it's you. And there is very little you can do to change this, because you don't even realize what you are doing wrong.

Go ahead, join a club, take a fun class where you think you'll meet friends. You won't. You will feel alone your whole college career because that's the only way you know how to feel.
>>
>>36872299
Don't listen to this faggot. I was a friendless loser with crippling social anxiety but actually put some effort in to make friends.
>>
>>36872013
what shocked me the most about college was how quickly the friend groups formed anon. I'm not even joking anon, the friend groups were literally established in the first week, first 3 days even. who you talk to in the beginning are literally going to be your friend group for the rest of the year, so don't make my mistake and settle on a shitty one without realizing it will last the whole year.
>>
>>36872333
>>36872195
>>36872126
Holy fuck this seems awful, luckily im a poorfag and will probably only make it to community college
>>
>>36872347
This. the earlier you realize this the less time and effort will be wasted pretty much.
>>
>>36872349
And thats where the story ends, because the "effort" got you nowhere :)
>>
>>36872013
College is a far harder social environment, it makes it extremely easy to disengage. You need to fight tooth and nail to make friendships, especially during the first couple weeks. Engage at every opportunity you can, socialize constantly, say yes to every single opportunity you find, try to make things happen with other people if you can, it's not easy.

>>36872370
This is very true. Join the Facebook group that'll be forming for your year/class as early as you can, even before the year starts. Back in first year of my college people had actually made friendships prior to the very first lecture, they'd even been out drinking with classmates.
>>
File: 1493330079348.jpg (65KB, 601x601px) Image search: [Google]
1493330079348.jpg
65KB, 601x601px
>>36872126
>Second -- join groups, network with people.
>jus put urself out there m9
im so fucked
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPBET18ZGmk

okay heres the problem anons
>>
>>36872337
Show up to college a fat repulsive anxiety-ridden slob. Do that or else you're a cuck. Great advice anon.

Does fixing the shallow stuff fix everything, no, are there people who look like that who have a social life, yeah, but if you were an outcast all of high school it's worth going over the basics to make a good first impression. Can't hurt.
>>
>>36872347
I'm not so sure. I think I've realized a lot of the things I did wrong. I overcompensated on my sperginess from middle school by talking as little as possible. I had no fashion sense. I never learned to drive. I didn't have a smartphone until junior year
>>
>>36872299
>>36872347
>I'm bitter about my own life and think dragging other people will make the pain stop
It won't anons, get help.
>>
What do you do if you're not in the right state of mind to make friends, but would like some at a later date? I've been depressed for the past couple of years, and every potential friendship has been dead in the water because of it.
>>
>>36872013
Don't live in dorms unless you're a normie. Seriously. If you're a robot with no motivation and shit habits, college will bring out the worst in you. Why do you think we get all these /uni feels/ threads where people post about missing classes, dropping out, etc...

You're not gonna get through college without doing the work, going to class, and doing studying, real studying, outside of class/homework. If you're living in dorms it's too easy to skip class, not do work, fall behind, etc. Especially if you're a friendless loser who people wont even notice mot going to class.

Not to mention you have all the extra added stress of roommates and struggling to get enough food, and seeing happy normies having lots of sex.

Seriously, stay away from dorm life anon unless you're ridiculously motivated to do school work or are a normie. Don't make the mistake I did, you'll drop out in two years.
>>
>>36872545
Um... I do think there's room to make friendships all the way through college, it's happened to me, but it makes it harder to form those "best friend, among the first people I consider bringing on a night out/road trip/holiday" kind of friendships. Do what you can, even having people know you exist can help down further the road.
>>
>>36872013
>How do I make sure that college isn't the same?
Have actual fucking interests. Meet other people who share those interests. Pretty easy desu. Most of the failed normies here only suffer because their only real interest is 4chan; if you're motivated to do something even if it's as petty as video games, there will be people who can recognize that and that you can become acquainted with.

If your interests are too esoteric you might not have (m)any people in your age bracket to share that specific interest with, but having such interests usually comes with a certain personality type that you can keep your eyes open for
>>
>>36872570
a-aren't there meal plans the first years? i don't think doing work would be any harder in dorms than at home. I know I will be overcome with suicide fuel but commuting would just seal my fate
>>
>>36872635
>Have actual fucking interests. Meet other people who share those interests.
This helps, but you need to be prepared for a level of extroversion you're not used to, even in the more autistic topics.

I tried going to the video game society: Extroverted normies.
I tried going to the airsoft society: Extroverted normies.
I tried going to tabletop gaming: Extroverted normies, although a significant contingent of introverted autists as well.
I tried going to the networking society: Extroverted normies (computer networking that is).
I tried setting up a computing society but it fell apart almost immediately because the vast majority of the participants were extroverted normies who were too busy getting drunk to organize stuff.
My girlfriend went into genetics as a course, expecting to find introverts with an interest in biology: just got extroverted rich kids looking to get rich.

I'm not saying this should be a deal breaker, nor was it for me, just saying it's something you need to be prepared for.
>>
File: 1493727060041.png (131KB, 629x1173px) Image search: [Google]
1493727060041.png
131KB, 629x1173px
>>36872347
This.you need to look in the mirror and ask yourself whats wrong with YOU, not with where your at in life
>>
>>36872570

This was me, I thought I was on the way to changing a little bit but no such luck. I contemplated dropping out and joining the army because of how restless and unsatisfied I was, but when I told my parents you could cut the disappointment with a knife it was so tangible. So then I started commuting since dorm "life" (more like existence) was driving me crazy, and here I am two years later, still slightly stir-crazy but at least I don't have to watch my peers find social success while I rot away.
>>
College being "the best time of your life" is a normie meme. Hell, even for most normies it's not great because most people are broke and stressed out by the increased work load and dealing with real adult responsibility for the first time. College won't magically cure your autism, sorry
>>
>>36873069
This. I have a friend who's living the normie life. He's taking girls home from bars, doing a shitload of drugs and partying on weekdays, living in a house with a bunch of mates he gets shitfaced with, the whole shebang.

He regularly confides in us (his old more autistic friends) that he is unbelievably stressed out and it's just an exhausting endless whirlwind of emotion and he consistently doesn't have enough time for all the shit he's trying to do.
>>
>>36873230
>wahh I have to settle on 5 whores to fuck daily
>>
Why do those threads always bring put the worst redditors holy fuck G O B A C K
>>
>>36873465
Other than partying he probably has life goals he wants to work on, hobbies he wants to partake in, multiple groups of friends he wants to chill with
>>
>>36872013
Make sure you go on the first week and be social, maybe during freshmen initiation or whatever if they have that where you live. Most people create their social circles early on, and if you miss the train it can be almost impossible to make friends. They really go from being super friendly in the beginning to acting almost ofended if you try to talk to them later on.

t. fifth year with no friends
>>
>>36872013
leave r9k if you want to be a normalfags
>>
>>36872349
And to think you could've just done it from the beginning
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.