[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have clinical depression and my psychologist has recommend

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: download.jpg (108KB, 970x647px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
108KB, 970x647px
I have clinical depression and my psychologist has recommended that I go on antidepressants.

Can any of you anons give me a rundown of what it's like? The side effects are enough to make me not want to take them after reading this article

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2017/may/06/dont-know-who-am-antidepressant-long-term-use?utm_source=pocket&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=pockethits

Please share your stories
>>
>>36861940
Have tried 5 different things. No real effects (side effects or actual improvement) from most of them.
>>
My idiot psychologist put me on Prozac because I couldn't find a job. When you take them, you lose all sex drive to the point where you don't even feel like masturbating. You also sleep a lot. You can't be depressed if you're asleep, I guess.
Of course, this was my experience and yours may vary.
>>
I recommend suicide. It's the only cure to this cruel world you were force created in.
>>
File: Hypericum.jpg (60KB, 277x400px) Image search: [Google]
Hypericum.jpg
60KB, 277x400px
>>36861940
You could watch this documentary if you want to educate yourself a bit. Also: have you tried st. johns wort?

https://youtu.be/IgCpa1RlSdQ
>>
>>36861963
But your mileage may vary. You're asking a biased sample here. All the ones who the antidepressants worked for probably got on with their lives and left this hell hole.
>>
>>36861940
>>36861983

I was on Prozac for 2 days and I got off them because it gave me heart palpitations, even worse anxiety and made me feel sick. Fuck that shit. Just smoke weed.
>>
>>36861940
I never got side effects from anti depressants. The only thing is I get withdrawals when I forget to take them or have to wean off so I can take another medication, but both rarely happen.
>>
>>36862002
I'll check out the doc when I have time. Thanks! No I haven't. Are they effective? How would I take/get them
>>
>>36862189
Every pharmacy has it for cheap. Either drink it as tea or buy capsules. Yes it is quite useful and I'd reccomend it but you have to watch out for sunlight. It increases the sensitivity for sunlight and youll easily get sunburns. Educate yourself before you take it.
>>
Zoloft wasn't bad, was on it for 5 years or so but got really inconsistent with taking it because I'd constantly forget, so I just came off it completely recently. I'm definitely not as depressed as I used to be and my only side effect was decreased sex drive and maybe some apathy but meh. If you have the option, might as well go for it. Not much to lose, if you don't like it after a month or two just come off.
>>
File: Recursion4.gif (2MB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
Recursion4.gif
2MB, 450x450px
Got an appointment with my Uni student health services next week.

How do I get adderall / ritalin / modafinill without it being obvious I want them? That plus a decent antidepressant, Ive had escitalopram and fluoxetine and they did nothing besides make it so I can't get hard when I wanna wank. What anti d should I as for?

Going there for my ongoing depression, but as a side effect of that I cannot concentrate for shit. In this thread right now putting off an assignment due on Wednesday that I've barely started.
>>
>>36861940
They did a comparison where they controlled for placebo. 25% saw results from actual SSRI's with a placebo control, where they don't know if it is a real SSRI or a sugar pill. 33% saw effectiveness with a sugar pill they were told was an SSRI.

SSRI's will make one pupil bigger than the other in some cases, which people will think is fucking weird. They can also make you not get erections.

Check out Jordan Peterson's youtube channel, he goes into depression being a sympton of shitty circumstances in your life and not just a simple chemical imbalance. In fact, studies have shown that only 10% of people with depression actually have a real chemical imbalance where their life was actually in order. So they had all the things that makes your brain produce serotonin but they were still depressed. Then just get talk therapy for depression and how to fix your shitty life.
>>
>>36862557
Bupropion aka Wellbutrin.

It's a NDRI (norepinephrine-dopamine reuptake inhibitor). Because it leads to an increase in norepinephrine and dopamine, it tends to be somewhat stimulating.

Also, since it doesn't affect serotonin (at least not noticeably), it shouldn't have any effect on arousal.
>>
>>36862908
Thanks, I'll ask for this
>>
Your prescription might end up being filled with a generic drug, and despite the many reassurances of the FDA, problems with generic drugs are rampant. They are not nearly as well-regulated as the FDA makes them out to be, and the FDA themselves don't test them; they rely on the manufacturer's word.

A problem is that many manufacturers have been caught deliberately falsifying the equivalency test data, releasing defective batches of drugs on purpose for the sake of maximizing profits.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/ranbaxy-whistleblower-reveals-how-he-exposed-massive-pharmaceutical-fraud/

Ranbaxy was caught out and fined, but don't assume that other drug companies aren't playing the same games. And they're only one example out of many.

The pharmaceutical industry is incredibly dirty. They're not making these drugs out of the goodness of their hearts.
>>
>>36861983
>When you take them, you lose all sex drive to the point where you don't even feel like masturbating.
It's shit like this that makes me never want to use anti-depressants.
My dick and it's working ability is incredibly important to me. I'd rather keep on like this than ever risk harming my dick.
>>
>>36863670
>shrinking brain tissue
is worse
>>
>>36861940
Find ones that aren't SSRIs if you can. Half my friends have been on antidepressants at one point or another and not a single one of them has had a positive experience with SSRIs. I've also had two psychiatrists and a GP say they were hesitant to prescribe them because they'd had negative experiences with them.
One of my friends however was eventually put on something else after going through like three or four types of SSRI, and it suddenly started working with little ill effects. We looked it up and low and behold it wasn't an SSRI. Can't remember the name but I think it started with an L (not Lexapro).
>>
>>36863692
I don't think mine works properly anyway so that's not as big of a deal.
>>
Sorry to say meds dont work. This is a you thing. Ya just gotta either be ok w life and believe things will get better or be sad (which accomplishes nothing). Stopped taking meds after a year made me always hungry got fat. So now im fat o top of being sad but somehow i continue. Its funny my life feels like a sitcom where theres something that happens every season and then things get ok and just repeat. Things r just slowly getting better. Just waiting till it all pays off some day
>>
You're going to have to experiemnt with different meds (your prescriber will point you in the right direction) and many will have negative side effects.

For example on one I was so lethargic I didn't leave my bed other than to use the bathroom for a week until I got to see the doc again. No eating, no videogames, nothing but lying in bed.

They also might bring forth and reveal other mental conditions you may have lying dormant if you have a family history or anything like that. Be prepared to go further into the mental health rabbithole.
>>
on SSRI for 2 years
off them for about 4 years
still have extremely low sex drive
depression got worse to the point where I seem shizoid
other 'mysterious' health problems, like extreme fatigue, digestion issues, feeling generally ill
>>
how do I get a doc to prescribe Modafinil off-label for depression and social phobia? Heard it helps with motivation and not caring what other people think
>>
>>36861940
jerking off is a bitch you can't cum that was enough reason for me to stop taking them and stop talking to the doctor
>>
>>36861940
I was on a mix of venlafaxine, trazodone, and risperdal until 2014 or 2015. It numbed out my depression along with every other emotion, turned me into a complacent potato, and made me gain weight. I lost 90 pounds from stopping the pills alone, and I also crashed HARD emotionally after stopping them.
>>
>>36861940
I've tried like 6 or 7, they only made me feel worse
>>
>>36866974
Then you have no mental illness, your problems lie elsewhere.
>>
free tibet
do it already you faggots
support your local pro tibetian groups
>>
>>36866517
>>36866517
Numbing emotions is what depression does. What are you talking about?
>>
>>36867257
>dude just cheer up
>>
>>36867291
It numbed everything. Off the meds, the only emotion numbed out is joy. There are emotions other than joy and depression
>>
>>36867311
That's not what I said. It's not just "Cheer up" VS "You have mental illness" There ARE other issues, yours are neither.
>>
I take Mirtrazapine for my Depression, and Risperidone for my Tourettes.

Side effects are many, but I'm still happy I take them. Side effects (for me at least, YMMV) include weight gain (Both drugs have increased appetite and weight gain as a side effect), increased sleep (I now go to bed at about 8h30pm and get up about 6), "Increased dream activity", which basically means I'm tripping balls while I sleep. I have the most intense, vivid dreams of my life since I started taking the drugs

On the plus side, I feel fucking great every day. Waking up for work isn't a hassle, I love my job even though it's very stressful, and my life is all around better.

The side effects do suck, but they're well worth taking
>>
>>36867645
Mirtazapine made me gain so much weight in a short amount of time they took me off it.

It can make you fat AF real quick.
>>
>>36867762
I've been steadily increasing in weight since I went on it. I countered it by walking to and from work. 2.2 miles a day. It's not much, but it's just enough
>>
>>36861940
Everything feels the same. You might feel normal and without realizing you're not depressed
>>
File: 1484024801794.jpg (24KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1484024801794.jpg
24KB, 300x300px
on prozac just spent 55 mins beating my dick thought id just report to yall am drunk tho so whiskey dick too but yknow that sucked
ssris suck
oh yeah and drinking on them is bad too supposedly thats shit
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.