[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 18 years old and I'm pretty positive I've

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_6040.jpg (44KB, 300x264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6040.jpg
44KB, 300x264px
I'm 18 years old and I'm pretty positive I've got some type of depression, ADHD, that type of shit. I don't claim I DO have them because I haven't been diagnosed by a doctor. My parents didn't really teach me how to talk about things so I can't ask them to take me to the doctor or anything. What should I do? I want to know if something is wrong or be assured there isn't anything wrong with me.
>>
>>36858947
Go to the doctor yourself
>>
>>36858976
I don't know how I would go about doing that.

I don't even know if I have a doctor at the moment. My mom waited until I turned 18 to switch me from the fuckin pediatrician.
>>
>>36859010
Where do you live, I'm not sure of how it works anywhere outside of the UK.
>>
>>36859027
I live in the states
>>
>>36859010
alls you have to do is look up a doctors office near you, call them and tell the lady youre interested in becoming a new patient and they will get an appointment set for you
>>
>>36859067
I don't have the money to pay for it. I also don't want my parents finding out. My dad thinks mental illnesses are bullshit made up excuses
>>
>>36859108
you can always fill out the application for your states insurance online look up your states department of human services website someplans even pay for cab rides to and from the doctor appointment.

after you fill the application it will give you the name and number of the social worker handling your application
>>
>>36859187
Thanks, Anon. I'm gonna try this.
>>
>>36859255

Be careful if they want to refer you to a psychiatrist. Psychiatric drugs can have extremely serious side effects but most psychiatrists tend to downplay this or don't discuss it enough with their patients.
>>
Don't go to a therapist or psychiatrist, they just make the problems worse.
>>
>>36859732
What other solutions do you have?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.