[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone /skateboard/ here? I'm a complete noob looking to

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_2153.png (49KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2153.png
49KB, 300x250px
Anyone /skateboard/ here?
I'm a complete noob looking to pick it up. What I want to know is how enjoyable is it do to by yourself? I really don't want to make "skateboard friends" and I don't know anyone who does it that I would want to spend time with.

Also I want a classic skateboard mostly for cruising but with the potential to at the very least learn to ollie, any advice on what wheels, trucks, etc. to get?
>>
i long board

i used to skateboard but haven't in like 15 years

usually just go alone, it's chill
>>
>>36851912
What sort of areas do you go longboarding in?
>>
File: 1487126359831.jpg (157KB, 959x777px) Image search: [Google]
1487126359831.jpg
157KB, 959x777px
I've been skateboarding since I was like 6 and I really recommend it.
When I get really depressed I just go outside at night and skate down the street. It always makes me feel better.
I have several typical skateboards but I like doing tricks and stuff so I don't really have ones for just cruising. Maybe get a penny board? I have one of those and I've been using it recently but you can't really do tricks with it.
>>
>not getting in to sk8ing for the sole purpose to get permission from sk8r cuty 3.14 to be your oneeyedtits
>go away normals
>>
>>36851964
I think I'm set on getting a regular skateboard anon, I just like the thought of it more than anything. I was moreso looking for tips on the more technical things like wheel size and truck height and size of the board, and those things relative to each other.

That's exactly what I imagine using it for, man. The thought of cruising around at night is horrifyingly persuasive
>>
>>36852059
It really depends. Larger people would naturally need a bigger deck, and in my opinion wheel size and stuff like that don't matter as much if youre just starting out.
I'm really small (5'4) but have been using big decks and smaller wheels for a while now.
I just got used to that because It's what I started out with (by building skateboards out of my friends old scrap parts when I was younger)
>>
>>36851959
>>36851959
15 isn't prepubescent so whats your fucking point? Also why do you have friends?
>>
>>36852117
Well, I have to make a choice regarding it, so I just think I may as well be smart about it, you know? I'm 6'2", would an 8" board be small or large for me? I'd probably want something on the large side considering the projected purpose.

That sounds so nice btw, I would love to have a good friend to get into skating with
>>
>>36852059

its >>36852117 again
I forgot to mention--
If youre not as autistic as me, try going to a skate shop and trying out different sizes. usually the people who work there are really friendly to new skaters and are helpful when giving advice on what to buy.
I just took old parts and built my own boards though since Im too much of a sperg to talk to people
>>
>>36851932
i live on the niagara peninsula so there's a lot of good hills to bomb
>>
>>36852160
Wrong thread my guy
>>
>>36852296
I think I'm afraid of being judged for not wanting to skate socially, as unreasonable as that is. Also the physical shops here in Norway probably have terrible width of selection, and I'd have to travel pretty far... Also I would hate someone watching me find out how comfortable I think a size is. So yes, I am fairly autistic.
Thank for replying
>>
File: 9990401_orig.jpg (47KB, 405x229px) Image search: [Google]
9990401_orig.jpg
47KB, 405x229px
>>36852250
Yeah since youre pretty tall I wouldn't go under 8 in. Heres a chart I found. Maybe go for a little above 8.
>>
>>36852404
that makes sense.
I think a lot of people don't skate socially, it's pretty normal where I live.
I go to the skatepark and theres a lot of quiet people with their earbuds in and not talking to people at all.
As long as you don't get in the way of other skaters or bother anyone people don't really judge.
>>
OP here, phone died while I was walking my dog. Thanks for the answers regarding the robotic sides of skateboarding, I think I will buy one. I'll just google the technical stuff
>>
>>36851882
Dont go to Wal-Mart, target, or toys r us
Go to an actual skateboard shop and get it custom built
Also do plenty of research before buying
>>
>>36851882
pepe is a hate symbol
>>
>>36852415
that's dumb no one rides 9 inch dicks, tall pros ride the same as everyone else. get like a 8.5 that's a popular size. it's not much fun alone though you'll probably just feel silly
>>
>>36851882
Skateboarding is pretty high energy and usually people skate off each other's energy. Its loud and you cant do it quietly. Do you flinch easily? Because if you do you're probably beta and would suck and give up easily. You need patience to learn. Its definitely not a robot thing to do. It's fast loud and for the young and bold something you're not haha
>>
>>36851882
It sucks by yourself because you will probably want to quit since you won't be able to do jack shit on a board except ride.
>>
>>36851882
Skateboarding is pretty high energy and usually people skate off each other's energy. There's no way to skate quietly. Do you flinch easily? Because if you do you're probably beta and would suck and give up easily. You need patience to learn. Its definitely not a robot thing to do. It's fast loud and for the young and bold something you're not haha
>>
if you are over the age of 22, you should go nowhere near a skateboard or a longboard or an anything board

there is nothing weirder than fucking old people trying to learn "cool" shit like skateboarding, which is itself based on a seriously outdated idea of what "cool" even is.

nobody will be impressed with your talent unless you are some kind of skating savant, in which case you would intuitively know all of this stuff and not need to ask a fucking imageboard

people will think you're a creepy older guy trying either to relive his childhood or recapture an adolescent edgy phase he missed out on.

the above is true regardless of whether or not you are trying to achieve some social goal with it. an older guy skateboarding to 7/11 at midnight is perhaps creepier than an old guy hanging out at the park talking about ollies with 15 year olds
>>
>>36854305
This is not true. All the old dudes at the skatepark are cool. I look up to them. I wish I had the friendship they have. But I am loner autist. I speak to no one.
>>
I remember getting into skating by myself when I was 18 I got the most autistic setup.
8.5in deck
56mm wheels
Whack swap meet trucks
I used a wrench to put on my trucks

Anon just get an 8in deck
With 53mm bones wheels and reds bearings and independents 139 and then just customize it from there when you get to know your skateboard more.
Try skatewarehousedotcom they're prices are pretty good
>>
>>36854305
chill, kiddo
let people do their thing
>>
>>36854375
>thinking that an 8.5 inch wide deck is autisitc

cmon my guy, almost anyone who wants to skate more than just stairs is gonna need something bigger than an 8.0

>>36851882 op, best setup for you I would say is anything bigger than a 8.25, for trucks if you get a board under 8.5 get 159mm if you get over a 8.5 get 169mm trucks. Personally I only ride indy's, but some of my friends like Ace or Thunder too.
>>
File: old emo guy.jpg (42KB, 453x604px) Image search: [Google]
old emo guy.jpg
42KB, 453x604px
>>36854347
perhaps you idolize old men trying to shred on skateboards because you are an autist

>>36854382
what if their thing is creepy as fuck though
>>
I always go out at night, you'll look edgy as fuck but at least it won't seem weird being alone
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.