[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anybody else wish there was a God, and an afterlife? A place

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

File: images.jpg (23KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
23KB, 400x225px
Does anybody else wish there was a God, and an afterlife? A place where I could re unite with my loved ones when they're gone.
A godless world seems way too harsh, uncaring and cold to me. But I can't get myself to truly believe in God like I did when I was younger.

>If you're a fedora atheist please don't bother replying. I'm tired of reading the edgy, trying to act cool cringe responses from teenaged idiots claiming they're better off in their "intellectual" euphoria.
>>
I can tell you I do know that there's a God, an afterlife, everything. I've experienced proof of it, I've lived it.

There is proof out there. But you must seek it yourself. The laws of the current reality prohibit the existence of universal proof, so you won't ever find proof you can just google. All proof is through experience. God reveals Himself to sincere seekers.

You can choose to dismiss what I say and believe that I am simply deluded. You can also choose to believe what I say and begin to seek for yourself. It's all up to you. There are no words I can say that can convince you 100%. Or even 50%. Everything is on YOU.

At any rate, do you really think that the millions of devout religious people throughout humanity were just gambling on it? That they dedicated their lives to God out of nothing but a hunch? No, most of them experienced God firsthand. Most of them experienced concrete proof.
>>
>>36846462
>most of humanity experienced concrete proof of god or else they wouldnt be religious

liar. the reality is most people are fucking sheep.
>>
>>36846515
Not most of humanity. Most of the devout followers of God.
>>
>>36846462
>That they dedicated their lives to God out of nothing but a hunch?
It's called faith, and that's exactly what they do.
>>
>>36846530
im inclined to say that these people, including you, are simply experiencing delusions, but that might make me a fedora athiest per OPs standards. to each their own
>>
>>36846462
Well-read spiritual deep thinker guy here. I'm sure you did have a fantastic experience out of this world. However, what if I told you that the afterlife is a deception? If you knew how this planet really operates, way beyond mainstream lies, you would know that we're in an actual prison system; materialistically, politically, economically and spiritually. In almost every way conceivable.

This place may be an actual matrix. Here we're largely severed from spiritual connection and our true selves, and thus evil astral beings feed off our energy. If it is a matrix, then it doesn't end after death. Archons can disguise themselves as angels of light. Just because they look and sound good doesn't mean they are. Then they use our free will to deceive us into reincarnating back into this shit-hell fuckery place by telling us we have karma to make up for. The light at the end of the tunnel may even be a trap, and it's been suggested that the feeling of love in the afterlife comes from trapped souls over there. Look into this stuff.

>>36846515
This.
>>
File: 1491370126150.jpg (15KB, 500x318px) Image search: [Google]
1491370126150.jpg
15KB, 500x318px
>>36846235
>tfw you have tried so hard to believe in God but just can't
>>
>>36846462
I want to believe you anon. I can't help but latch on to whatever sliver of hope I can find. I wish what you say is true and we can all find our way after death. I don't want this life to be it. I want there to be more.
>>
>>36846462
>The laws of the current reality prohibit the existence of universal proof

Laws of reality prohibit truth? That can't be right.
>>
>>36846735
This is exactly the predicament I'm facing. I don't find it fair that self conciousness exists within an animal such as myself, just to realise that existence is way too much suffering.
>>
>>36846609
By devout followers of God I don't mean your average priest, not even the average monk.

I mean those who have completely renounced all material reality in favour of spiritual reality, in favour of God. Those that have no interests outside of God. Those firmly set in God-consciousness, and who's mind does not diverge from God.
These people make up probably less than 0.01% of "religious" people. (and I am in no way calling myself one of them, I only aspire to be)
>>36846673
>>36846714
>>36846762
Like I said in my post above, you can take what I say as what you want. Reality as experienced in this world is entirely subjective. I'm not going to bother debating you all because I cannot win. A materialist's reality is firmly set in materialism.

Just know that material instruments (which include your senses) can only measure/detect material things.

>>36846818
They don't prohibit truth, they protect free will. God allows those who do not want to believe in Him to experience life without Him.
>>
>>36846714
Is there anything to prove any of that? I am honestly coming with an open mind and I won't dismiss something for being implausibly but I really need something concrete to work off of.
>>
>>36846762
I used to be like you. By the time I finally accepted that there almost definitely is an aferlife, I already knew too much about life itself to be happy about it. Now I just wish there was oblivion after death, because suffering is pretty much eternal outside of heavenly realms.
>>
>>36846462
If nothing of what you say can even slightly convince us, then why are you making this post?
>>
>>36846882
The best proof you'll get for this kind of stuff is heavily researching (for weeks, if not months as a bare minimum) with an open, unbiased mind. Nobody can be well-read in everything, but pretty much ALL the dots start to connect eventually, and you start to see a very convincing "picture". Bear in mind that if you research this deep stuff with shit-tier critical thinking and a biased/closed mind, then... well, input = output, is all I can say.

Don't believe everything you read. Entertain even the craziest-seeming ideas without completely shutting them down, that way you have a good vantage point for connecting the dots and seeing what's most likely real.
>>
>>36846462
Pics or it didn't happen you cuntbagel
>>
>>36846889
It would be lovely to have a chance to meet with your loved and lost ones, though. It may just be a whimsical fantasy of mine triggered by grief of loss. But I hope you never get to experience this pain that makes you wish for life after death just to tell your family member you loved them once again.
>>36846930
Because he wants to share his thoughts and perhaps help an anonymous friend somewhere ? Please don't try to disrupt peace in here. As if there isn't a lack of peace out there..
>>
>>36847028
Right, but I don't know what to research and before I do that can you point to some weird incident that would be explained by it or really something.
>>
I was slightly curious what kind of responses you'd get and damn, there's some good shit here.
As a fedora atheist I'll drop my cents even if you don't want them. You have a way too constrained view of reality by everyday ideas. Just throwing random shit out there, but by sheer number crunching, your dead relatives have identical, alive copies of them somewhere in our universe. A more palpable reality, in the not too far future it will be viable to create copies of them even where we are. Why do you not like either of these options?
>but they're copies, not the real thing
It's not like you could tell unless given outside information, so what difference does it make?
>>
>>36846235
Read about the ontological argument and you'll see there is good evidence for a God existing.
>>
>>36847211
It's fair to note that there is a prerequisite of being a moron to be able to roll with the ontological argument
>>
>>36847103
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqEPKbvDvNc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsEj1-MHl94
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNlyupEBdeE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUz-BfAKo3k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVxusmUHFbE

The rabbit hole goes far further than most are willing to go.
>>
I'm the anon that talked about God

>>36847028 is very accurate

Google is your greatest ally when seeking. Google everything. Read about everything.

>>36847103
If you want something to start, check out the following:
Edgar Cayce
CIA remote viewing
Chaos magick
Holographic universe
Akhenaten
And finally, really read in-depth about all religions of the world. All of them hold a piece (or many pieces) of the puzzle.

That's all I can think of for now. Remember that the rabbit hole goes very, VERY deep.
>>
>>36847204
>>36847244
Maybe I'm just an idiot for wanting to believe again but being desperate and miserable does that to you. I hope none of you get to experience the pain of loss and end up like me
>>
File: 234324.jpg (34KB, 440x360px) Image search: [Google]
234324.jpg
34KB, 440x360px
>>36847244
You got to be 18 to post here, kiddo
>>
>>36847103
I'm >>36847323
Forgot to mention one of the best: Carl Jung's Red Book
>>
>>36847314
Ignore the second one, wrong link
>>
>>36847314
What the fuck is this shit? Have I stumbled across an actual tin foil hat wearing consparitard or are you posting all these retarded ass videos ironically?
>>
>>36847513
See
>>36847028

This is deep stuff here. Not for the average mind to comprehend seriously. If only you began the journey to open that mind of yours.
>>
>>36847634
what do you think about david icke? or alex jones? do you inironically browse /x/?
>>
>>36847342
I don't blame you for that and I certainly can't say I've been in similar shoes, but at least for me the scientifically plausible things give a decent amount of comfort and I don't have to delude myself too much. Most christfags more or less realize that their shit stinks but they have to insist that it doesn't, else their source of comfort falls apart. I don't think that being in that zone helps. I was that kind of believer until around 11 or 12 and it didn't give me much comfort regarding deaths in the family.
Those that are completely devout and genuinely managed to believe everything about their respective religion might potentially be better off, but I doubt there are many people like that, especially in more developed countries.
>>
>>36846714
This aligns with my way of thinking to an extent, but is more detailed than I have ever seen it explained before. The YouTube links and other references will be good enough to get a complete picture? Like, I'll be able to follow the threads to the end, or something?

Far as I know there is a God-like figure who imprisons us. Maybe through a matrix, maybe not. It's certainly not really necessary for him, in a way. I know there are aliens around us, and our history is largely untold (see: Atlantis). Free will is indeed a trick to possibly get us to reincarnate in the same form(s) over and over.

Note that I'm an impartial observer in all of this. I am just stating the facts as I care to arrange them.
>>
>>36847988
hold up, are your beliefs that when you die you get to reincarnate or be some interdimensional light being? do you believe that there are more planets where you can reincarnate? do you believe that you can reincarnate as an animal?
>>
>>36848168
My main belief in the the eternal recurrence of the same. Otherwise, it's a point of contention to me whether or not we can be reborn in different bodies. I don't think God considers animals as having souls. I do belief in a "soul-life" if you will, that can happen after death. And perhaps even a higher life after that one, I mean who knows. But the trouble I have is understanding why and how we are reborn into different bodies. See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2cTXq54PRc&index=227 for instance. How often, and why exactly? I mean, once is enough, no?
>>
>>36847353
It's full of shit. On the most fundamental level it assumes that humans can think of perfection and provides absolutely no evidence for this. Existence out of necessity is retarded, absolutely no evidence presented. Possibility of existence just because of conceivability, And a dozen more of leaps of logic in all the various iterations of it. It boils down to
>I want it to exist so it must exist!
dressed up with obfuscating concepts.
>>
>>36847028
>open, unbiased mind
If you really delve, you find that this is a red herring. Knowledge can only make sense within a broad context of preexisting knowledge, what we might call a paradigm. That is, essentially, you run into trouble with this thing you write later:
>Don't believe everything you read.
Namely, how do you figure out what should be believed? The practical answer is, you're inclined to believe things that are coherent with what you already believe (a belief, itself, called "coherentism"), but the problem with that should be obvious: you end up in a cycle of validating and expanding on your starting point, which itself can't be put to this test.
So then, yes, epistemology always collapses down to phenomenology, but if you take that step seriously, then it becomes hard to stay dogmatic.
>>
stop being a contrarian and either choose to believe or not believe
>>
>>36846235
I would rather die right now than live forever
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.