[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I deal with that 1 person who picks up on the fact I am

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: gr.jpg (896KB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
gr.jpg
896KB, 2560x1920px
How do I deal with that 1 person who picks up on the fact I am not normal and mutters something like "twat" or imitates me in a funny voice, after which everyone is put off by me?

For example someone asked me what my taste in music is and I said "I don't know, I like the best of every genre" and this set him off, he was all "genre? what the fuck", making a big deal out of it. That was the last time him and his circle of friends talked to me.

I didn't curse, I shower, there are people of all different cultures and subcultures at community college, even so I try to wear normy clothes and haircut so as not to be too different, yet I still manage to attract socios and I am singled out for this treatment.

How am I supposed to make friends and learn social skills if I am instantly isolated by everyone?

No normy answers please. Your idea of a bully is like the movies where a jock acts like a massive douche for no reason and the target has friends to fall back on, you seem oblivious to how this actually works, where someone lays into someone else, being overcritical of every quirk or human error and using it as an excuse to outcast them, with all the other normies just gawping and going along with it, totally isolating the target. Watch nature videos about how chimpanzees treat outsiders and beta males for more info.
>>
>>36840528
if it's about a detail like voice or something just own up to it and laugh at yourself, but if it starts to be a common thing start ripping into him equally. but honestly if you just responded with 'every genre' and gave no examples you asked for it
>>
>someone couldn't comprehend "genre"
Maybe stop hanging out with people with an average IQ of 50
>>
>>36840528
Fly off the handle back at him.
>You don't know what a genre is, are you retarded?
People get away with this stuff because you don't react, start being confrontational.
>>
>>36840528
>>36840528
just brush it off with confidence.

just joking you are probably way too autistic for that. If you can't handle people you have no relationship with and who are virtually inconsequential for your life talking shit about you you should just rev up those helium tanks.
>>
>>36840528
If the word genre is funny to them then they're fucking subhuman and you should be glad you dont have to talk to them.
>>
that gas mask has me all cheeki breeki rn
>>
>>36840528

I know its hard to brush off man, but its literally the only thing you can do.

At the end of the day you have to realise that you're going through a stage of your life where everyone is learning how to act socially, develop who they are, how to make friends etc. Hell, I'm 25 and I some of my peers still have difficulty with it. If this guy is literally targeting you for no reason, it sounds like he has to do a lot of learning too. If I overheard your conversation i'd want nothing to do with that guy (but then, I probably wouldnt say anything, if only to avoid upsetting the calm. The point is, dont assume that tacit approval equals approval)

Dont react angrily, if you do like >>36841001 says they'll just perceive you as an autistic screecher and you'll be the one responsible for harming your social growth, not him.

>>36840851 is on the money here. It's incredibly endearing to see someone who can laugh when placed in that sort of situation, and self-deprecating humour comes off as confidence. If he doesnt know what a genre is, you can have a bit of a laugh with him about it, but if you fucked up somehow its also equally important to be able to laugh at yourself. Say your voice accidentally squeaks or some shit, laughing at it and asking "what the fuck was that" out loud or something comes off a lot better than turning bright red and running away.

I dont know man, you know the situation better than us, but im trying to give you honest advice from my experience, stay in there, it gets better
>>
>>36841291
Doormat status confirmed.
A repeat antagonist needs to be confronted and challenged.

Having a pair of testicles helps.
>>
>>36840528
>genre? what the fuck
Did he not know the meaning of the word? Are you in a school for the disabled?
>>
>>36840528

My answer to the music question is music of the late baroque and early galante periods.

Usually I receive blank stares after providing the answer.
>>
>>36841367

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTU8WbTbZMI you're the guy in the shorts, right?
>>
>>36841460
Don't give social advice to men sweety.
You don't understand it.
>>
>>36840528
Don't go full autist, but call him and ask him why he's such a dick. If he tries to escalate, you go higher and if it looks like it might get physical, keep your guard up.

Don't listen to this doormat >>36841291
>>
>>36841800
**Call him out
>>
>>36841002
This OP except don't kill yourself

Stop being so sensitive. Do you really fucking care what some community college dumbass thinks of you? The guy was just projecting his own insecurities

I'm not saying this was the case in this instance, but often in scenarios like this the aggressive male feels threatened for whatever reason and tries to establish dominance.
>>
it really depends on the situation, if someone says something funny you should laugh or joke back, if someone goes to far you have to show that you're no bitch, like you gotta threaten or shove him

trying to attack someone can also make you look like an idiot, yesterday someone tried to make fun of me for not finding a button on a music box, kinda made him seem like a fool
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.