[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's worse? The pain of being forever alone, or the pain

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

File: index.jpg (24KB, 296x170px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
24KB, 296x170px
What's worse?

The pain of being forever alone, or the pain of the worst heartbreak?
>>
>>36838643
Heartbreak definately
>>
>>36838649

About to have my heart broken after 27 years of being alone.
I think being alone was worse. It is worse, under certain circumstances. I had great times at least. Normal people also move on from heartbreak.
>>
>>36838674
You're right

Heartbreak ends
Loneliness stays
>>
Its life affirming to have an amazing relationship then a horrible break up. You're living the human experience.
>>
Well being forever alone is being in a status quo. When you get with someone you put that out of balance. When it's over the feeling of being alone again will be twice as bad. But as you all said, it will get better, but only towards the original state of being alone again.
>>
>>36838643
Not saying you love her, you never knew if she felt the same, but you can't go back now. You let her go and now she's with someone better, but if she's happy you're happy right?
>>
File: 1413916769382.jpg (183KB, 952x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1413916769382.jpg
183KB, 952x1024px
In hindsight, being forever alone was constant, but nothing particularly special. It was something to endure while you weren't happily playing vidya or whatever.

Heartbreak was crippling and constant. While loneliness could make life feel grey - heartbreak made it black. It is all consuming and destroys the self. It leaves you grasping for something you'll never have again: her.

Ignorance is bliss.
>>
>>36838643
bing alone certainly
because it means you have an issue
the latter is you at least are able to connect to human beings
>>
I'm alone, and feel no pain,
I avoid any kind of relationships with people
>>
>>36838643
>if life's not beautiful without the pain, well i'd just rather never ever even see beauty again
>>
Heartbreak. But here's the thing. After you've experienced that once it's never going to hurt that bad again. Even though it hurts worse it's preferable to forever alone. It's like horrible sharp pain vs constant dull pain that never goes away. Once you get another gf you realize that despite the heartbreak life goes on. Makes the second time hurt a lot less.
>>
being alone forever, no question. you can get over heartbreak, you can't get over being alone. after the heartbreak subsides you can look back on the good memories, know that you had sex and had a relationship before, etc.
>>
Maybe heartbreak hurts more, but we're forgetting the good parts before the heartbreak
They have to mean something too
>>
>>36838818
That's great. Whatever happens, always remain that way.

Can't get hurt if you don't allow yourself to get hurt.
>>
>>36838872
But those good memories make you feel like dying after the heartbreak. It's pretty terrible. But nothing that time can't fix.
>>
>>36838872
>They have to mean something too

The good memories usually become bittersweet, at best.

And if enough time has passed, they become nothing at all; not worthy to remember.
>>
>>36838855
>It's like horrible sharp pain vs constant dull pain that never goes away.

being alone is sharply painful at times, quite often.

i think it depends on how old you are. most guys here are under 25, i think. when i was younger being alone was like a dull, constant ache. but after i turned 25 i often have moments where it's a real sharp painful, a kind of feeling of panic combined with intense anger.
>>
Worst heartbreak is worse.

I was alone for years and it almost killed me, but day to day it was a passive kind of pain. I could ignore it and focus on other things sometimes. Bear another 5 minutes, another hour, another day. Take another step. Constantly suffer and hate myself in the background. It was bad, and a person can't live this way for long.

But heartbreak lead to a state where I was in a much more acute kind of pain all the time. I couldn't sleep, couldn't focus on anything. I couldn't forget the pain even for a moment, ever. There was no rest from it. It would have killed me much faster.
>>
heartbreak.
especially after being led on, believing in having found that special someone and hoping for end of loneliness. and then after a year of relationship, it all suddenly turning on its head, being ridiculed and mobbed, figuring out that the other person just wanted an orbiter to build-up self-esteem while fucking chads, being shelved like a used toy, having a breakdown.
30 years of loneliness hurt less than that single heartbreak.
>>
>>36838885
>>36838904
I think of life as the current moment
I used to live in the past but now I literally can't remember anything

I'd take a heartbreak if I could feel atleast some bit of happiness. Maybe then i'd finally kill myself and be done with this
>>
>>36838910
I had some moments like that when I was younger. My case was pretty extreme though. I dropped out of the 9th grade, not by choice. Was due to my mom fucking things up. I spent most of my teenage years in isolation. Sometimes living completely on my own. But as soon as I turned 18 I changed things. As soon as I got my freedom I did everything I could to take advantage of it. I hope you will figure this shit out too. I know it's not easy and if I woke up tomorrow to find myself in your situation I would certainly try to change it. I know it would be a painful process though.
>>
>>36838986
there's not really anything i can do. i'm not a NEET or anything, i have a pretty good job and live by myself. but i'm just too ugly to ever have any romantic or sexual relationship.
>>
>>36839002
Your problem isn't that you're ugly anon. Your problem is that you care. There's this fat dude at my work. He's big as a fucking house and he basically limps when he walks. I thought there's no way this guy gets any pussy. Then there's this attractive girl that just started working there. Has to be about 7/10. I thought about trying to hit on her but thankfully I didn't. Anyway I noticed she's always with the fat dude. One day I heard her say I love you directed at him I guess. So yesterday I was listening in on some conversation she was having with someone. She said she was waiting on "her" (fat guy's name) and the guy asked why and she said "because I love him."

If this fat motherfucker who on my first day of work used his first opportunity at conversation with me to tell me why he thinks climate change is a hoax and the epa should be abolished can get a girl like that you really have no excuses. You are being cucked by your own mind.
>>
>>36839193
i don't think so. anecdotes are just that, there do exist girls out there with all kinds of weird complexes and proclivities and some ugly guy might just get lucky enough to meet one who inexplicably likes him; that's possible, though incredibly rare.

but i'm not some shut in. all my life i've talked to girls, i've tried online dating stuff, i've worked around people and went to school, etc. no girl has ever been attracted to me.

actually, none have been attracted to me since i started balding. sometimes girls would show interest in me when i was younger, i never acted on it because i lived at home, didn't have a car, etc. but since i started balding that ended completely. i've tried to talk to girls, go out to attempt to meet girls, online dating stuff, etc. it just doesn't work. no girls will ever be attracted to me anyone, the balding pushed my ugliness over the edge beyond what i can ever recover from.
>>
>>36839261
Can we see a(n original) pic of you?
>>
>>36839261
Maybe you need a hair transplant or some shit then. I am lucky that this isn't a problem for me but if I suddenly found myself in your situation I wouldn't give up.

Lack of experience probably hurts you more than anything else. That's what was killing me when I first tried dating. If you ever did get a chance would you even know what to do with it? I'd recommend taking a trip to the Philippines if I were you. Fuck some girls there. Take them out to dinner and have some conversations with them. That's basically easy mode. They won't care if you're balding.
>>
File: 1272047765364.jpg (26KB, 251x251px) Image search: [Google]
1272047765364.jpg
26KB, 251x251px
All the virgins on /r9k/ don't know how immensely lucky and blessed they truly are.
>>
>>36839373

>because i failed, everyone else would have failed too

You're an idiot. Kill yourself.
>>
File: 1274736196741.jpg (32KB, 327x277px) Image search: [Google]
1274736196741.jpg
32KB, 327x277px
>>36839405
>give advice
NORMIE GET OUT

>concede that robots will be robots
KILL YOURSELF
>>
>>36839348
is it really that easy for a tall white guy in the philippines?
>>
Heartbreak definetely
Reason why I dont want any relationship is that I know I will have to go through tons of breakups before I actually find the right one
>>
>>36839786
Could be worth it?

I know I'll try.
>>
>>36838643
Heartbreak, at least for me. The void after is worse than previously being alone/never having had any sort of relatinship.

That said my first LDR was basically a meme, and that hurt a lot, lasted less than a few weeks.

I managed to get into a new one, have been for 2 months, but I'm paranoid if it ends I'd be destroyed completly. GF has herself never been really hurt before, but seems to be an ideal match for me... Though some of my friends disapprove of her, and I am the anxious/parnoid type.
>>
File: IMG_5458.jpg (162KB, 551x551px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5458.jpg
162KB, 551x551px
>>36838798
Exactly this OP.
>>
>>36840195
you will never know it worked. you may be in a relationship for twenty years, when stacy announces she's leaving to be with chad.
you allow risk only if you believe the profit outweights it. what is the real profit of a relationship? sex? you can buy that easily. support? lol, good luck being understood and accepted by a biased, moronic individual that most women are.
the only profit would be some intimacy, when she feels like it and doesn't blackmail you for it, and having a child. do you really want to force a kid to live in this cruel fucking world? aren't you afraid the kid will get fucked up somehow and suffer worse than you? aren't you afraid that you won't raise him properly?
i say: fuck it. it's better to be alone.
>>
>>36839451
This is 4chan's schizophrenia support board, what did you expect?
>>
>>36838643
Why not both? Had a girl 10 years ago who broke my heart after a few weeks and are KHV besides that.
>>
Without a doubt, heartbreak. For me, loneliness is just boredom and I can sleep or fap that away. Heartbreak keeps me up at night, robs me of will and ambition, and just plain blows. I'd definitely rather be bored than sad over some little skank who wanted to fuck around behind my back or say something hurtful to my face.
>>
Being alone, no question, anyone who thinks otherwise obviously hasn't experienced true loneliness, when you see that every other person on the planet, even those you thought were like you when you were younger, get to meet someone special, you feel like shit and you don't know why, you're missing something that everyone else seems to have. Then, and just then is when you feel true despair, then is when you realize you don't belong to this world, you know you lack of something that is essential and you realize you'll never be happy no matter what.
>>
>>36840708
>I don't have a gf so I don't know what happiness is
Fuck off with this line of thinking.
>>
>>36840708
>, get to meet someone special, you feel like shit and you don't know why, you're missing something that everyone else seems to have.

Now imagine losing her again.

That's right.

Now imagine being lonely and knowing exactly what you're missing.
>>
>>36840708
the thing is, if you can even answer this question by having experienced both, you can't really answer it. you really don't know the true pain of loneliness until you're nearing 30 and have never had love, sex, any kind of romantic relationship, have never felt anyone be romantically or sexually attracted to you.
>>
File: 1388304024046.jpg (64KB, 543x600px) Image search: [Google]
1388304024046.jpg
64KB, 543x600px
>>36840510
I know. That was the OP/me you replied to in the first place.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.