[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Got my first psychologist appointment tomorrow. >30 >I

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7

File: 1494115630068.png (106KB, 339x413px) Image search: [Google]
1494115630068.png
106KB, 339x413px
Got my first psychologist appointment tomorrow.

>30
>I was molested as a child 21 years ago by some random man at a public pool
>Never told anyone about it
>Became withdrawn and isolated
>Parents thought I was lazy, followed by thinking I have some kind of autism
>Parents thought I'd just get better over time
>Got worse
>Dropped out of high-school in 2004
>Been NEET ever since
>Too paranoid to drive
>Terrified of public transport because of all the strangers up close
>Don't trust other men
>Never had friends
>Still a HHKV because can't imagine myself being sexually intimate with another human
>Can't swim and cannot put my head under the shower-tap because water on my head makes me feel anxiety, reminds me of the pool/my body being wet
>Extreme anxiety anytime I HAVE to leave my house
>Only place I go is to the gym late at night when nobody is there, my father drives me.
>Can't relate to anyone at all
>Still feel mentally like a teenager
>Have no sexual desires
>Need my parents to take care of me
>Never had a job
>Personally believe I have developed AvPD and might be Schizoid.

How can I even begin to share this stuff with my psychologist? I've never been to one before in my life, this is the first time.

I'm paranoid as fuck that I'm going to be thrown in a mental institution.
>>
tell him/her that you were molested at the age of 9.
>>
>>36829812
Start off slow and small talk.
Seen a head shrink alot so AMA.
>>
>>36829846
>>36829847
How can I avoid being sent to a loony bin?

I'm a decently good looking guy, and I don't have any physical flaws about me, so people who see me just assume I'm normal based on my appearance. I keep myself well groomed and /fit/, but I'm literally barely an actual person, I have nothing in my life, I can't actually function in society.

I don't want to hurt myself or anyone, I just want to stay inside away from the world and not have to deal with people, especially those I cannot relate to at all in anywhere whatever. I'm a broken human who just needs help existing.

The doctor I saw ( first time seeing a doctor in 15 years) put me in an anti-depressant, but I haven't taken any yet, I don't think these drugs can do anything for me, my life is already over at this point, I can't recover from this, I just want some some official acceptance of my situation and how fucked it is, I don't just want to pop some pills and have people assume it's going to turn me into a normal person and take away everything that's happened.
>>
What you are telling us happened to you sounds horrible, no doubt about it. If I'm gonna be honest to god, what the fuck is a psychologist going to do?, Tell you it's ok and and put you on your way, or put you on some happy dust?. Literally nothing but yourself is ever going to make you go on with your life. All you are doing is living a memory of the past, there is nothing in the here and now that really affects you. You might think it's different but it's the same as someone breaking their legs and recovering and still go around believing their legs are broken. Literally get over it dude, maybe you had a peepee in ur anus one time, or maybe it was in ur mouth, but do you feel it now, are you still being raped and does that incident really have anything at all to do with your self worth or whatever at this moment? NO. It has probably affected you up until this point, but that's just because you believe yourself to be a victim of the past and believe yourself to be for ever unless someone removes it. Literally get the fuck over it. you are letting the past define who you are and are not being who you want to be. Stop letting the fucking shit that happened in the past control your life, get a fucking grip man jesus fucking christ. You are just putting yourself in an even worse situation by going to a psychiatrist, it's only gonna rob you of money until the day the shrink makes you BELIEVE it's ok and that you can go on with your life. In reality the one that makes you go on is yourself and you can do that on your own, you just don't believe that to be possible. I don't mean to be mean OP, I just want you to realize there's nothing holding any fucking power over you, you just believe there is.
>>
>>36829812
I have almost the same exact symptoms, is there a chance i've been abused as a child and my brain just blocked the memories so i can't remember it? One of my uncle's friends dry humped me when i was 5 years old, it was nothing extreme, so i don't think that particular moment could've screwed me up this bad.

I had a pretty fucked childhood nonetheless, a drunk father, lots of beating and i even got shot with a BB gun several times in the face and back.
>>
File: CgUI-icWsAAunln.jpg (34KB, 600x407px) Image search: [Google]
CgUI-icWsAAunln.jpg
34KB, 600x407px
>>36829977
I mean you dont have any history or intention to hurt yourself or others so I dont think theres any reason or chance to be committed
>>
>>36829977
>How can I avoid being sent to a loony bin?
Dont talk about harming anyone
As for avoiding society you sound normal and fine maybe stressed.
They will tell you to get hobbys though.
>>
>>36830249
>20 years of isolation
>just get over it dude lmao XD
>>
1. don't go in expecting an easy fix. you've been suffering from this for 21 years.
2. be honest, take it as slow as you want.
3. don't be afraid of "scaring him/her off"
4. If you manage to bring up the abuse you need to stress how much this affected you
5. If you admit to having suicidal thoughts say it's more like "thoughts about death and suicide" and stress that you don't have any plans or guns, rope, drugs, poisons at home.
6. don't be afraid to show emotions
7. If you feel dread or fear before meetings try your best to go and bring it up at the start of the session, trust me those feelings will ruin the entire session.
>>
>>36830430
Thinking of just writing everything ive said here down on paper and handing it to the psychologist. Im not sure if could even say these words in real life, let alone to another person.
>>
>>36830400
>20 years of isolation
>shrink says it's fine, you can do it!
>everything's ok

kek
>>
>>36829812
Its a psychologist, not a date, you don't need to ease into anything. Just talk about what you want to talk about and what he wants you to talk about if you want.
>>
>>36829812
Listen, I'm 32 and a fucked up PTSD bot. No gf ever, no job until my 30's, blah blah the usual. What you're doing takes tons of balls and I respect you for that.

I think just... talk about yourself? Talk about your feelings. And the only way you're getting thrown in a mental house is if you say you want to kill yourself or others. Even if you feel that way just don't say it. But you can literally talk about anything else as long as it isn't illegal.

Also, I want to say no matter how fucked you think you are... you're (sadly?) not truly fucked. You can rebuild yourself at age 30. I've known many whom have done it. I'm doing it. I share a lot of qualities with you. In the end our own thoughts about ourselves are the harshest. As for the meds if you say you don't need them, then you don't. Simple. But I think all this is good just for a change of pace. Staring at the walls zoning out one's whole life gets old after your 20's. You don't have to become a super human normie ever, but maybe try something different just to break the monotony.
>>
>>36829812
how do you even get to see a psychologist

I was homeschooled by crazy parents who fucked me up real good and I still live with them and have no way of getting to a psychologist
>>
>>36829812
>30
>molested
>NEET since 2004

I'm so sorry anon. You've convinced me to call me psychiatrist and get back on meds, I've been NEET for a year and a half now. You've done good just by telling me your story. I hope you get the help you need. I love you.
>>
>>36830451
Sure you can do a bullet list if you want however he/she might not want to start off your relationship like that, it might be better to talk about expectations, your and his/hers experience etc.

>>36830476
Not everyone is 100% ready to spill out everything and be totally open emotionally, especially so many years of being closed off.
>>
>molested as a child at 21
>child
>21
ROFL WHAT THE FUCK AM I READING IS THIS BAIT LMFAO

Stopped reading there
>>
>>36829812
Sounds like you're a closet fag.

I bet you would love it if some guys grabbed you in the pool shower and gave your boy pussy the rough action it so deeply yearns for.
>>
>>36830478
Thanks for the info, I get what you mean.

>>36830479
I walked into the local doctors office near my house and asked to see someone, doctor saw me, asked me a bunch of questions, told me to come in the next day for a fasted blood test, got the test, got results back a few days later, then he gave me some prescription medication and setup an appointment with the psychologist who works at his clinic a few days a week.

>>36830487
Thanks
>>
>>36830543
Are you retarded? he was obviously 9 years old.
>>
File: 1491442807571.jpg (9KB, 133x185px) Image search: [Google]
1491442807571.jpg
9KB, 133x185px
>>36830543
>21 years ago

nigger READ this bitch ain't 43

baka dumb cracka ass fuckers
>>
>>36830552
So you don't have to pay for it? Where do you live? Do your parents know?

What did you tell them to get them to give you a psychologist?
>>
File: sadjest.jpg (112KB, 800x595px) Image search: [Google]
sadjest.jpg
112KB, 800x595px
>>36829812
Is there a way to anonymously make someone suffer for something like this?
This shit makes my blood boil, and the thought of anyone doing this to my kids makes me think wonder how far i would go.
>>
>>36830622
My parents don't know what happened to me, nobody knows, but they know something is wrong with me (ie 30 year old KV, no friends, no working, living at home, shut-in).

As for payments, I'm in Australia and have medicare/gov healthcare card, so it's free.
>>
I was molested once.

>be 16 years old
>moves 3 towns over
>still hang with buds in home town
>halfway home on public transportation
>decide to find an isolated area to smoke a j to make listening to my discman more enjoyable
>followed by some asian guy
>he asks me for directions as I light my j
>tells me he's from japan, which I thought was cool
>he asks if he can follow me back so he can be sure to get on the right train
>agreed, but need to finish my j first
>he starts complimenting my looks
>says I look big and strong
>he asks to feel my bicep
>agree because I'm stoned and shit
>he then feels me up from my chest to my abs
>reaffirms that I'm big and strong
>super creeped out at this point
>he says "now show me this" as he wips out his cock
>he says "you like trees? I have lots of trees"
>punch him in his nip face as hard as I can and run away

Haven't really told anyone about it. Hard to believe that was 12 years ago now.
>>
>>36830695
There's nothing you can do, humans are innately evil. And that type of stuff goes way deeper then you can even imagine, local police, local government, local business, corporations, they are all evil and you'll probably find sickos in any position of power.

Sure, you could make someone suffer for it but it will never fix the problem, it'll just make you feel better, and then you'll suffer because of it.

I guess the best thing you can do is just accept the evil nature of statistics, and accept that a certain percentage of humans are evil, and the power system will always be in their favor. Try and live your life and enjoy it, and not think about it is what I do.
>>
>>36830728
thanks anon I think we might have something similar, I think

maybe I can get help
>>
I was molested once.

>be 19 years old
>babysitter asks why there's a booster seat on my toilet
>she knows i have no siblings
>explain to her that i'm not potty trained yet
>she offers to help me learn how to use the potty properly
>i try explaining to her parents tried and they cant do it
>5 minutes later
>sitting on toilet without booster seat for first time in 14 years
>she tells me to poop
>i have no idea how to poop without booster seat, i start getting embarrassed
>i start screaming, REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>she calms me down, begins to rub my pee pee
>half way through parents come home
>babysitter kisses me on the cheek
>she tells me she'll buy me a new ps4 if i dont tell
>still enjoying that ps4 today

wasn't that bad, and i got a free ps4. dunno why you pussies are crying so much
>>
>>36830749
Or i'll just shoot up a government building

>...jk mr. trump
>>
>>36830733
>molested
>guy flashed his weiner at you

I see tons of weiners at work and I'm not crying molestation.
>>
>>36830831
Nigger, that was clearly a dig at me. Has nothing to do with being a fucking pussy, but how your brain process events and prepares you for future events based om experience while you're still developing.
>>
A therapists job is to give you the tools to help yourself
>>
>>36830874
Comes natural when you're a gay prostitute I guess.
>>
File: 1405215864190.jpg (56KB, 800x804px) Image search: [Google]
1405215864190.jpg
56KB, 800x804px
>>36830733
>>36830831
>>36830892

haven't laughed this hard at a post in months
>>
File: jpeg.jpg (55KB, 500x473px) Image search: [Google]
jpeg.jpg
55KB, 500x473px
I was molassted once

>be 19 years old
>middle of the night
>walking on the lawn towards the church
>see the priest coming towards me
>he reaches down into his robes
>he picks out a naked mole rat and shoves it up my ass
>>
I was molested once.

>be 19 years old
>cute boi approaches
>dead of night, 2AM
>reveals his boipussy
>all my leftover spaghetti instantly falls from my coat pockets
>tfw no normal childhood
>tfw scarred for life
>tfw no bf
>>
love how threads can go from serious advice to shitpost joke in a matter of 5 minutes
>>
>>36829812
>I'm paranoid as fuck that I'm going to be thrown in a mental institution.
You're in no way a danger to yourself or anyone else, so there's no reason to institutionalize you. Hell even if you were there's pretty limited funding for mental health care, so you'd have to be a pretty bad case before they would.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.