[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>give a genuine response on a board that isn't /r9k/

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_1995.jpg (92KB, 640x417px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1995.jpg
92KB, 640x417px
>give a genuine response on a board that isn't /r9k/
>it's not memey in any way
>not some cynical I hate the world/women/etc worldview response either
>I was just providing an educated answer
>I was just truthfully answering an anons question
>pic related is the response I got
That last sentence kills me because of the amount of truth in it. I was essentially being myself and people's natural response is to hate me, to tell me living and acting like this will garner no friends. I have no friends, and I will die alone, but not in the sense that we all truly die alone, but in the sense that I will be alone for the rest of my life. I don't know what this thread isn't about, but that anon's response really tore me up and I just thought I'd share it.
>>
>>36821120
what was your original response, it was probably pretentious and faggy
>>
File: IMG_1996.jpg (101KB, 640x445px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1996.jpg
101KB, 640x445px
>>36821151
I was just explaining how to pronounce Don Quixote. I don't understand what I did wrong.
>>
Never give up redpilling the normies about the Holocaust. It doesn't matter if they hate you for it.
>>
>>36821192
I said I wasn't memeing or being edgy. Plus I just posted what I had originally said.
>>
>>36821120
He's just bejng a fag OP don't take it to heart

Your response about how to prononce the name was completely correct and perfectly fine I see nothing wrong with it.
>>
>>36821178
seems fine to me, did the OP make another garbage thread asking how to pronounce it?
>>
>he gets triggered by 4chan posts

tumblr might be more your speed fucking queer
>>
>>36821303
Both are safe spaces. One is for fat feminists, the other is for friendless male virgins. I think boards that aren't /r9k/ might be more your speed. Have you considered using /b/? It's especially good for beginners who haven't found a favorite specialty board.
>>
>>36821178
He was the one being pretentious, not you. Try to forget it.
>>
>>36821120
>>36821178
OP bit of advice from fellow nitpicker.
First of all know when you are nitpicking.
Then preface it with something telling them that you understand this is nitpick.

Most people interpet this as you being self-aware about this part of your character and not be so hostile. If they don't, it gives you something to fallback when they call you petty, because you basically already agreed with them.
>>
>>36821369

Your post is like your life - You tried to do something and nothing happened.
>>
>>36821178
Online speaking like this is fine, irl just don't get too into it and speak casually and no one will give a shit.
Even if you did no way would you die alone solely for that reason.
>>
>>36821398
not him, but why do you even post on this board?
>>
File: almondbravo.jpg (5KB, 174x200px) Image search: [Google]
almondbravo.jpg
5KB, 174x200px
>>36821120
>>36821178
Your explanation was fine, informative. I'm sure that I don't have to convince you of that, though. Given your post, you have self-awareness that this isn't an endearing quality but you possess enough of a constitution to not let it change you, great.
The cost of never having to compromise internally is having to compromise externally; there are no free lunches. If you were willing to undergo a little cognitive adjustment/pain you would be more likable but that's not your priority, and I don't begrudge you that nor should anyone, really.
Incidentally, they say things like that to you because they think you are just being an edgy dick. They can't imagine that someone with the same information as them would come to different conclusions, so you're either being contrarian or are retarded; they dismiss what you're saying in much the same way as you did to this anon >>36821192
>>
File: image.jpg (40KB, 464x212px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40KB, 464x212px
Don't let people on an imageboard hurt you. Everyone on here has some type of insecurity and their way of release is to take out their anger on someone.

Your post was informative and didn't seem to be pretentious to me.

Pic related. Don't let people get to you
>>
>>36821120
>>36821178
OP, your answer was just fine. There's nothing wrong with pointing out a bit of trivia. You weren't smug or annoying about it at all. The other guy is probably just a brainlet who's jealous. In fact, I thank you for your post because I learned something new that I didn't know before, within 30 minutes of waking up! A good way to start any day. Thank you.
>>
>>36821405
I explained this to my mother and brother one day. My brother just looked at me and said huh I didn't know that. But people will think you're an idiot if you pronounce it that way. Why is knowing facts pretentious to people?
>>
>>36821178
also OP if it makes you feel better, I saved your post because it was interesting.
>>
>>36821398
you're the biggest loser here 2bh desu desu senpai desu senpai senpai
>>
>>36821120
what a cunt. Ignore him OP
>>
>>36821533
>Why is knowing facts pretentious to people?
It's not, they're just lashing out because they're insecure about their own lack of knowledge.
People do wield the world pretentious like a carpenter with a golf club. It has lost a lot of its original meaning in the #currentyear vernacular, accepted as a modestly more descriptive version of normie words like "tryhard."
>>
>>36821178
The only thought I had was "wow, he's very intellectual". You should feel flattered to get such words of praise from me since my IQ is higher than 150.
>>
>>36821178
That's fine, don't let retarded normies drag you down to their stupidity.
>>
>>36821178
add humour and be more causal and it is fine.
>>
>>36822667
He's fine as he is, he doesn't need to add unintellectual "humor" to his intellectual speech.
>>
>>36821178
>if this had happened IRL I would have been started asking you about what other things you know about old Castilian because it sounds interesting

i don't know brobot, some people are assholes and this IS 4chan
>>
>>36821120
>getting emotional over obvious shitposts
Grow thicker skin my phoneposting friend
>>
>>36821120
Even robots cannot be friends with robots.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.