[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>walking around campus at night, hoping some strangers will

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 17

File: ubc2.jpg (141KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
ubc2.jpg
141KB, 620x465px
>walking around campus at night, hoping some strangers will invite you to a party
It's a nice fantasy I guess
>>
Spoiler: I saw almost no one and I definitely didn't talk to anyone. I went to the train tracks and thought about letting a train hit me, but I'm not really suicidal so I just walked back to my dorm to browse 4chan and feel like shit.
>>
File: 1489013606155.jpg (71KB, 600x473px) Image search: [Google]
1489013606155.jpg
71KB, 600x473px
I am familiar with this specific feel
>>
File: 1492209573017.jpg (112KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1492209573017.jpg
112KB, 1024x1024px
>>36812756
They say that college is supposed to be this great social experience, but my campus was such a lonely place.
>>
>>36813297
>college is supposed to be this great social experience

For normies
>>
>>36813297
>tfw I fell for the "it's the best time you'll have in your entire life!" meme

I fucking hope it isn't, is it really all downhill after?
>>
>>36812756
When I lived in a uni dorm, we used to invite starngers all of the time.
>>
stop waiting for other people to make your life happen, freshman faggot
>>
>>36813345
>>36813422
>wake up
>go to class
>go to dining hall
>go to dorm
>sleep
>repeat
You see all these people all the time and they never talk to you. You're just there.
>>
>>36813297
My campus is actually notoriously shit for partying and such. There's only one bar close by and all the frats aren't in easy walking distance. That said, I'm sure normies have way higher standards for party scenes than I do.

>>36813437
Where did you find these strangers? Obligatory NORMIES OUT REEEE!!!

>>36813466
Sophomore
>>
>>36813478
This, except I stopped going to half my classes after spring break. I'm really going to get on finals in a week.
>>
>>36813480
>Sophomore
Why are you on this board? You're not old enough to be a robot.

You might think that reality has crushed your hopes and dreams but you haven't seen anything yet.
>>
File: images copy 3.png (10KB, 216x233px) Image search: [Google]
images copy 3.png
10KB, 216x233px
>>36813478
>>wake up
>>go to class
>>go to dining hall
>>go to dorm
>>sleep
>>repeat
>You see all these people all the time and they never talk to you.
>>
>>36813480
>Where did you find these strangers? Obligatory NORMIES OUT REEEE!!!

Usually at parties, we'd invite everyone who was still willing to do some more drinking/hanging out back to our dorm.

Also, when we hit the restaurants/bars surrounding the dorm, we'd invite people there to come along. For example, once the cook of a ramen place was just finsihing his shift, so we took him along with us.
>>
>>36813515
Oh come on, not everyone on /r9k/ has to be a fucking wizard. How do you define robot?
>>
>>36812756
Generally approaching strangers is considered rude (depending on where you live), so people won't bother doing that. Usually people make friends through being forced to socialize by circumstances, e.g. being in the same classroom and needing to kill time before class so socializing with the people around you or working in a team with people on school projects. If you want friends you have to make them, they won't just happen.
>>
>>36813297
I live in a dorm on my campus. There's chads and qt staceys everywhere and my degree is packed with hundreds of hot girls. But I don't ever talk to anyone and If I'm not at lectures or labs I just sit in my room alone.
>>
>>36813528
lmao, I have to go to parties to go to parties. Nothing wrong with your answer, but how did these people get to THOSE parties then?
>>
>>36813543
I know, but I'm a shy insecure loser who never talks to anyone. I never said my fantasies were realistic.
>>
>>36813556
>but how did these people get to THOSE parties then?

They usually were dorm house parties (organized by other dorms), where everyone living there plus friends were welcome, or official university events etc. Parties are not necessarily private house parties.
>>
>>36813502
*get fucked
sorry
>>
File: 1488202526426.jpg (14KB, 480x567px) Image search: [Google]
1488202526426.jpg
14KB, 480x567px
>>36813543
>If you want friends you have to make them, they won't just happen.
I only made one friend in all my years at college, and oddly enough, he was a Chad who just came up and talked to me out of the blue and from there we started hanging out because we had similar tastes in music and stuff like that.
>>
>>36813583
I live in a 6-person suite and there's never any parties here and I have no friends. Actually, one of my suitemates had a small gathering with his friends where they played videogames and drank alcohol in the common area of the suite, so I guess that was a party, but I just stayed in my room until they were all gone. I never talk to any of the people in my suite, hardly even my roommate. Maybe I'll make some friends next semester if I don't fail out.
>>
File: 1483644393114.gif (1MB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1483644393114.gif
1MB, 540x540px
>>36813674
You might think your life is bad now, but just wait. This is just a taste of the hell that awaits you.The real ride begins after you drop out/graduate from college.
>>
>>36813562
Sure, didn't mean it to be accusatory. Some people on r9k genuinely believe things will just come to them and they get mad when they don't.

Personally I was asocial at university and didn't talk to anyone outside of school related stuff, but I got invited to socialize anyway by the people I worked or had class with despite trying to keep to myself.
>>
>>36813674
Time to take the bull by the horns then. Propose doing a floor party and invite residents from other floors/houses.
>>
>>36813756
No fucking way. If none of the chads in my suite ever do that, I sure as hell won't. The building I live in is also supposed to be drug-free and quiet 24 hours of the day. I think you underestimate how friendless and awkward I am. I have literally zero friends or acquaintances. I know I have to do something, but not that.
>>
File: 1491872267300.jpg (57KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1491872267300.jpg
57KB, 500x375px
>>36813751
OP hasn't seen the true depths of loneliness and despair. I can't wait for reality to kick his ass.
>>
>>36813752
I never ever talk to anyone in any of my classes except one, where I'm forced to for a group project that no one wants to do.
>>
>>36813788
Baby steps it is then. Bring up how you feel that the people on the floor haven't really gotton to know each other. Propose to hang out a night together to remedy that. Go out together to buy some snacks and drinks, play some videogames and trash talk together etc.
>>
I was out on a walk at 2AM when a car full of drunk chicks pulled up next to me, and the chick in the passenger side seat asked me if I wanted to get in. Naturally, I turned them down because that seems like a good way to get my kidneys stolen.
>>
>>36813798
I literally layed down on the train tracks thinking about suicide for half an hour earlier today. I have literally no friends or acquaintances. Why are you so smug about your loneliness that is apparently so much more genuine than mine?

>>36813820
If that's what a baby step is then I'm absolutely fucked

>>36813832
I think I would have gotten in T B H
>>
>>36813869
>If that's what a baby step is then I'm absolutely fucked

Are you never alone with one or two of the other guys, in the kitchen or something? Make some small talk, then throw the possibility of hanging out in the room. Just ask what they think about it and if they would be down. If you're lucky, one of them will like the idea and start pushing it himself.
>>
>>36813902
There is no kitchen. Occasionally I see one of my suitemates on my way to the bathroom, but that's it. No one ever spends much time in the common area with the couch. I probably spend the most time there and no one ever says anything to me. It probably doesn't help that 2/5 (one guy was kicked out of school) of these people barely know English and the other guy besides my roommate is an annoying stoner that blasts shitty rap music all the time. I don't really want to hang out with these people honestly. I want to be alone, but then I feel lonely :/
>>
>>36813674
>I never talk to any of the people in my suite, hardly even my roommate

Gotta deal with the bullshit to get to the coolshit
>>
File: 1484412893698.jpg (119KB, 811x739px) Image search: [Google]
1484412893698.jpg
119KB, 811x739px
>>36813869
>Why are you so smug about your loneliness that is apparently so much more genuine than mine?
Because you don't know shit, OP. You're still in the safety net of college and you're only what, 19, 20 years old? The real ride hasn't even begun for you yet. Relax and enjoy life while you still can.

I remember when I was a college sophomore like you. I thought my life was so hard and I was so depressed and miserable. Now I would give anything to go back to those days. You have no idea, OP.
>>
>>36813949
Then use your interests to make connections with other people. Do you like foreign languages? Look for natives speakers on the guise of helping each other improve by meeting up and talking. I made friends like that. Just having a cup of coffee and talking in each other's native tongue. Or look for clubs etc. Actively try to meet people. Many people are afraid of taking the first step.
>>
>>36813957
K, it's going to be suicide for me if you're right. I hope you're wrong. Not everyone has the exact same life as you, you know that? Good guess tho, I'm 19, turning 20 this year.
>>
>>36813982
I think I'll force myself to join some BS clubs next semester. I've gotta study for finals now.
>>
bump for hopefully a few more sweet, sweet (You)s
>>
>>36814826
Here's a belated (you)
>>
File: 1464353967975.jpg (17KB, 500x368px) Image search: [Google]
1464353967975.jpg
17KB, 500x368px
I guess similar to topic
>Moved near campus to get serious with my study
>Exam at 8am so I wake up at 4am to talk to the library to study
>On the way walk infront of a house of people partying and they started talking to me in a drunk state half curious with what im doing half being typical drunk normies
>One drunk girl grabs my bag and runs into the house and I chase after her with a couple of guys following us telling me to "Go fuck her up science guy!" (Studying science degree at the time which i told them).
>End up catching her in the living room and getting my back while about 10 normies telling me to stay and drink

I got a 50% on the exam. I should have just stayed.
>>
>>36816489
>>One drunk girl grabs my bag and runs into the house

She was into you, mane.
>>
>if you don't smoke already, start
>ask people who look drunk for lighter

this is what i did for my freshman days but eventually i just stopped trying, did work out for a few weeks tho
>>
>>36816599
>destroying your body in a desparate attempt just to talk to some normalfaggots
This is beyond pathetic.
>>
>>36816633
oh i started before i went to college so it was just an attempt to make something out of it. if this is how you act around people it's unsurprising they don't like you, fox and grapes my dude
>>
>>36816698
>destroying your body for no reason at all
Oh ok, that's much better.
>>
>>36816992
the reason is purely because i like doing it

i take it you're completely straight edge and always eat healthy then? personally i find living without any vices at all is kind of boring but whatever makes you happy
>>
You won't get invited. Best you can do is go up and ask if you can join, only to be told that's it's private which is codeword for: we don't want your creepy ass here, fuck off.
>>
>>36812756
night walking is comfy af, always clears my head
>>
File: 1442652761884.jpg (44KB, 569x506px) Image search: [Google]
1442652761884.jpg
44KB, 569x506px
>tfw cooking alone at night in my dorm, staring out of the kitchen window to an array of brightly-lit rooms and the sound of distant laughter and music

It's a strange kind of feel.
>>
>>36812756
Whats going through that girls mind as the man in the hoodie walks towards her?
>>
>>36819196
Originally, dicks.
>>
>>36812756
>be OP
>walk around campus at night
>huff puff huff puff
>qt 3.14s pass me on all sides like oncoming traffic
>veer to the right
>this is where I belong
>see a group of Chads and Staceys on their way to a party
>walk faster, away from them and opposite the direction they are going
>things quiet down a bit
>no one around now
>why the fuck doesn't anybody come up and talk to me?
>can't they see I'm just a nice guy?
>>
>>36812756
>freshman year
>walking back to room after freshers event during the night
>run into some guy in a banana suit
>chat for a bit, he's a pretty cool guy
>he mistakes me for a normie and invites me to a party
>tells him I'll see him there
>go to my room and watch anime instead
I still can't tell if I regret it to this day.
>>
>>36816515
It's like in elementary school, if a girl likes you she's mean to you, and vice versa
>>
File: 1490328841110.jpg (286KB, 963x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1490328841110.jpg
286KB, 963x1024px
>tfw I've been in University for 2 years now
>still haven't made friends
>this is my 2nd time at University
>got my first degree in history or when I was 20, now I am studying Oceanography at age 38 after years of saving
>have still made 0 friends in 6 years total of University
>first time I just acted like an autist and made no attempt for friends
>this time I really fucking tried
>thought I could show myself to be funny by using my degree
>started introducing myself as an 'Oceangogogpblulbulbulb' whilst pretending to drown
>tried to speak in ocean puns, saying stuff like 'the tide is turning', 'i am here to make a splash' etc
>nboody laughed or found me funny
>people started ignoring me
>now I am just sad and lonely
>tried to resurrect my persona by going to watch Finding Dory 10 times the week it came out hoping a classmate would see and find it funny because it relates to my subject
>nobody dide
>movie was shit
>>
>>36819295
>huff puff huff puff
I'm not fat, if that is what this is implying
>qt 3.14s pass me on all sides like oncoming traffic
>veer to the right
>this is where I belong
hm, this feeling of inferiority is pretty familiar
>see a group of Chads and Staceys on their way to a party
>walk faster, away from them and opposite the direction they are going
I didn't do this
>why the fuck doesn't anybody come up and talk to me?
I already said I didn't believe this would happen; it was just a fantasy
>can't they see I'm just a nice guy?
I'm not a nice guy :/

>>36819343
you fool
>>
File: sadfrg.jpg (8KB, 223x226px) Image search: [Google]
sadfrg.jpg
8KB, 223x226px
>>36813631
>mfw I realize that the very few robot "friends" I had in college may have thought I was Chad
I had a manipulative BPD gf and utility to chads in my department because I was willing to help them with analysis with their econ work
none of them liked me much and I was very unhappy
it's funny to think about the impression certain people have of you based on the slice of your life they see
I would spend more time with them, and less time hucking and jiving for acceptance that was never going to come, if I could do it again
>>
>>36813869
>I think I would have gotten in T B H
me too, I'm going to die from this foolishness one day the next time my "agoraphobia" and "paranoia" lift for long enough
I've already been robbed twice and date raped by a fat chick
Isolation and depression have eviscerated my sense of healthy boundaries.
>>
>>36813957
Did you really want the things that you were being pressured into failing at or did you just want to live up to the expectations of others?
Are you sure you aren't still hanging on to that?
I might be projecting here, but I feel a somewhat kindred spirit in your irritation at this overwhelmed proto-robot/late-blooming normie.
In any case, nostalgia is a mindfuck.
>>
>>36812756
When I was like 13 I would wander around the woods near my house and somehow expect there to be a really horny girl my age who inexplicably wanted to fuck me in the snow.

It didn't happen
>>
>>36812756
god i am so lonely OP
>>
>>36819742
This sounds like you're trying to make a funny /r9k/ greentext. I hope this isn't true.

>>36820059
Oh, sorry to hear that. I haven't had any bad experiences like that.

>>36820210
>It didn't happen
What? no way!
>>
>>36820615
you can't be lonely when you're getting a (You)s :)
>>
>>36812756
>ride bike slowly down greek row
>look at all the slutty drunk girls
>dream of one of them stopping me and inviting me to drink with them

I'm doing it again tonight. Maybe this will be my lucky day
>>
>>36820862
can't you just walk into greek parties? or any really big house party full of drunk people?
>>
File: 1410911576878.jpg (99KB, 908x714px) Image search: [Google]
1410911576878.jpg
99KB, 908x714px
>>36820756
Thanks, live and don't learn.
My experiences are probably quite atypical, but most people never put themselves in the situations I got unlucky in. Having a "got nothing to lose" demeanor will eventually lead to a loss with enough volume, and stress test aforementioned outlook.
I have unmedicated (((bipolar))) so if my vulnerable mania ever becomes too much of a problem, I already know the pilljew road I'm supposed to take.
>>
>>36820966
Pills worked super well for my bipolar mom so I can't hate them. That said, I still never want to take pills myself. Idk why
>>
>>36819742
>started introducing myself as an 'Oceangogogpblulbulbulb' whilst pretending to drown
I would have hung out with you
>>
File: 1493425521087.png (331KB, 635x664px) Image search: [Google]
1493425521087.png
331KB, 635x664px
>>36813756
>be regular college kid
>one day the really weird guy who never talks and has no friends leaves his room
>has a scowl on his face and tells us we're doing a floor party
>i think scowling and ordering us around was him trying to be confident
>feel for the guy and want him to get laid but there's no way i want to be associated with any social activity he organizes
>mfw
>>
>>36816992
How many hours a day do you spend sitting in front of your computer? Do you know how destructive a sedentary lifestyle is, hypocrite?
>>
>>36821049
haha. I'm definitely not going to do that.
>>
>>36813297
because it's a scam. it's like how people in the 70s thought the military would be about brotherhood and fun to join thanks to propaganda. you can't get them to go if they know it's boring and sad lol
>>
>>36820896
They sometimes have people at the door of frat parties. One time i tried to just walk in
>walk to front door
>big football player Chad guy 'bouncing'
>he didn't get out of the way when i approached
>ask 'can i come to the party? '
>thinks for a second
>'Hmmm...no, go home. '
>make confident eye contact with floor
>turn around
>walk away
>>
>>36821314
>sometimes
Then go to one without a bouncer, duh. That was a good try tho. The frats around here charge $5-$15 for entrance (less for girls, of course), or so I've heard. You need to get a ride to the frats and that means hanging around at a certain spot and waiting for some strangers to pick you up. They probably wouldn't pick up a single guy like me. I just realized that frat is fart if you switch r and a heh
>>
>>36821456
>sometimes
I have no idea how regularly they do. I always see a guy out front, they might always, i just didn't want to claim that and be wrong
>>
>>36812756
They're not that great. Most people act like retards when they're drunk and aren't the least bit interesting.
>>
>>36813537
youngfag/normie detected
>>
>>36821628
I'm almost 20 and not a frigging normie
>>
Accustom yourself to drinking alone, OP. One of two things will happen. Either you'll learn to love yourself, grow confident, and live out the rest of your life in a sort of self-imposed elitist solitude. Or you'll grow miserable and die an early death. Both positives from where I'm standing.
>>
>>36821027
because if you fix you, you aren't you anymore?
that, general paranoia that psychs/pharma have more malicious goals than simple scamming, and the fear of being dependent on medication are what keep me off them
I'm miserable when I'm "better"
>>
File: 1483995260976.jpg (14KB, 262x263px) Image search: [Google]
1483995260976.jpg
14KB, 262x263px
>>36821666
>I'm almost 20 and not a frigging normie
Leave, faggot.
>>
>>36812756
>buy keychains of my favorite anime characters
>attach to bag
>walk around campus every day hoping to find someone else that likes anime

Why is everyone a normie. I have yet to see anyone with any anime merch this whole year.
>>
>>36821729
Hey, I was just going to drink alone today for the first time in many months. Maybe it will make me confident enough to go out and talk to people some other time. I had to find a drug dealer on Yik Yak (RIP) to get the liquor.

>>36821739
I've never done any prescription drugs so idk if I'd like them. I feel like if I have to take them to be normal then I'm a total loser. No offense to anyone on meds. I don't see what malicious goals they would have. They just want to scam you like every other company selling you a product.

>>36821789
Nah

>>36821927
Normie anime fans (there are lots of them) don't publicly display anime merch. Try to subtly bring up anime and see if anyone is interested. If no one is then STFU or else everyone will dislike you.
>>
>>36822067
I didn't realize that you weren't also a paranoid. On /r9k/ my default assumption is that everyone is. You strike me as a late bloomer. Good luck, I guess.
>>
>>36813297
I didn't make a single friend, go on a date, or even go to a party at college, and I went to an infamous party school.
>>
>>36822215
Thanks. Maybe I won't regret these wasted years so much if I ever manage to "bloom"
>>
File: 1464553776784.png (76KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1464553776784.png
76KB, 400x400px
>>36819999
excellent digits. Criminal that they have gone unchecked
>>
>>36812756
I did this last night too, OP. My friends were all gone for the weekend so I just wandered the campus and main street alone.
>>
>>36823275
Fellow night-walking brother

>friends
Obligatory ree.
>>
File: autism.jpg (24KB, 277x296px) Image search: [Google]
autism.jpg
24KB, 277x296px
>>36819742
WewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwHOW MANY FUCKING W'S DOES IT TAKE TO BE ORIGINAL JESUS FUCKING CHRIST YOU UNORIGINAL FUCKERS
>>
>>36823319
It's lonely, but really comfy in a way. Maybe next time I'll take some pictures to contribute to the next /comfy/ thread with
>>
>>36823368
Ooh good idea. I could take a picture of a train as it zooms by. And other stuff.
>>
>>36812756
When I was in college me and my roommates would just walk into random parties, I don't remember ever getting kicked out.
>>
>>36822067
> Found a dealer on yik yak

How? I'm not really familiar with the app which I know is shutting down or it's variants.

Do you just make a post asking for alc and see if anyone close responds?
>>
>>36823594
It shut down yesterday, sorry. Actually, a while ago I commented on a post someone made asking for adderall and he contacted me so I have his number now. I'm on this new app similar to YY called Swiflie now and I made a post asking for alcohol and I got no responses that led to anything, unfortunately. One guy seemed really eager to buy me liquor, and then he asked "M or F?" and I said M and he never responded after that :(
>>
That kind of happened to me last weekend.

It was around 2AM Sunday morning and I was just outside sitting on a brick wall and listening to music. After about 30 minutes a guy on a skateboard passes me, turns back around, and walks over to sit beside me. He introduced himself, asked what I was listening to, and conversation went on from that point for about 10-15 minutes.

He figured out I didn't have any friends and invited me to go to a party with him but I declined, telling him I'd feel uncomfortable because I wouldn't know anyone there. He understood and before leaving gave me his number so I could text him if I wanted to go to another party after I finished my finals.

I never ended up texting him. I feel that was the better decision, that I'd feel so disoriented and out of place at a party that I'd end up leaving after 30 minutes and realize beyond all doubt that I'm socially crippled.
>>
>>36816633

Isnt drinking the same?
>>
>>36824891
Hm, maybe staying in one place would be a better strategy for me. If I'm walking people will assume I have somewhere to be (I don't)
>>
>>36812756
one time in my freshman year I went two weeks without saying a single word
>>
>>36825278
Impressive. I at least have to talk to the food people in the dining halls. "Can I have X?", "Thank you"
>>
>>36825646
>eating in school
Completely degenerate
Thread posts: 103
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.