[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who /selective mutism/ here? Everyday at work is a shameful

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: 1447609455979.png (43KB, 312x390px) Image search: [Google]
1447609455979.png
43KB, 312x390px
Who /selective mutism/ here?

Everyday at work is a shameful experience as I cannot even muster the courage to say "good morning" or "bye" to my manager. I talk only when talked to.

Everyone must think I'm a fucking freak.
>>
>>36811209
Sometimes I say thank you or hello so low that I'm sure I don't actually make any sounds at all
>>
i got in trouble in highschool for not talking
>>
>>36811209
>has a job

nice try normie
>>
I haven't initiated a conversation with anyone at work in the past 3 months

What the fuck is wrong with me?

I just don't know what to say, i cant even say "good morning"
>>
>>36811248
It's an awful minimum wage job, and as I said nobody there likes me because of my autism.
>>
>>36811269
lel had a similar situation
find new work
>>
>>36811287
I plan on it, though there's a good chance I'll end up on the same rut as I am at my current job. I might have a few shots before my first day to be more sociable and get myself comfortable with the people.
>>
>>36811209
>tfw clocking out and you realize that you literally haven't spoken to your coworker at all in the past eight hours
>>
>>36811304
i quit my last one, just didn't show up. the manager was some fucking total bitch who would dismiss anything i said when i tried to explain myself on whatever she'd yell at me for. i'm getting a comfy ice cream job now though with a sweetheart of a manager.
:)
>>
I'm not really shy or anxious or anything.
But it just feels like talking is a lot of effort sometimes.

It feels like standing up from a really soft recliner chair, I have to kind of "swing" myself into it.

I don't know how else to explain it.
>>
>>36811209
How the hell did you get a job
>>
>>36811739
I presented myself well at the interview.

I haven't been fired because I am a hard worker and generally an asset to the company.
>>
>>36811769
I know what you mean. I overheard an assistant manager and a shift lead talking about how creepy I am and how the GM had asked corporate if she could cut my hours, but corporate said no since I was such a help to all the other stores in the area.
>>
File: 1494039523054.jpg (42KB, 506x608px) Image search: [Google]
1494039523054.jpg
42KB, 506x608px
>>36811769
>I presented myself well at the interview.
>I haven't been fired because I am a hard worker and generally an asset to the company.
kek, this is me as well. When I went for my yearly review I was so meek my manager literally asked how the fuck I managed to pass the initial interview (I'd run through practice interviews with a psychologist) and that I really needed to fix myself up or I'd go nowhere.
>>
>>36812283
reading that really pissed me off
damnit dude
>>
>>36812326
oh and she gave me a raise because I'm a hard worker and she feels bad for me. Pretty good outcome honestly.
>>
>>36811209
I'm 32. I went my whole life not really talking to anyone.

I tried to voice chat and my voice gets fatigued after like 1 minute of talking. Also I'm not sure how to breathe when talking. Like I'll often say a sentence and I'll run out of breath trying to say the sentence. Then everyone else on voice chat talks so well and I get depressed as fuck.

I wish I was making this shit up.
>>
>>36812374
you just gotta keep doing it man
speaking like anything else is a skill that you have to refine.
>>
>>36812347
>>36812326
She seems like a nice lady.
>>
>>36812333
I thought it was funny. The idea that everyone else was as unhappy about me being there as I was is comforting.

In high school there were a couple write-in "most likely to" categories. I won "most likely to be a successful serial killer" by a serious margin.
>>
>>36812558
Yeah she's really good. I lucked out honestly because all I ever here about other people's jobs is how shit the people are. Gonna stay here for a while.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.