[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw this is literally me Should I visit a psychiatrist

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 11

File: file.png (60KB, 991x724px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
60KB, 991x724px
>tfw this is literally me

Should I visit a psychiatrist and get help
>>
File: matador's tea.jpg (16KB, 196x229px) Image search: [Google]
matador's tea.jpg
16KB, 196x229px
>>36810295
Hello other schizoid, anon.
Psychiatrists can't really do much for you, I'm afraid. I think sometimes we were made for a world that doesn't exist yet or might not ever exist. I would tell you not to be too sad about it, but I know you probably don't let it get to you that much because to you it doesn't feel like much of a problem.
>>
>>36810295
if you have a problem with it, you're not schizoid
>>
>>36810295
If you think so yes. No one here is going to help you because we don't know anything about you.
>>
>>36810373
>psychiatrists can't do much

k. no point in wasting money.
>>
File: eidfgkj.jpg (59KB, 495x660px) Image search: [Google]
eidfgkj.jpg
59KB, 495x660px
No, just be yourseIf
>>
File: Tau.jpg (383KB, 842x800px) Image search: [Google]
Tau.jpg
383KB, 842x800px
>>36810295

I also have these symptoms. Sometimes I feel as though I am not made for the "real world". Like I am meant to be a hermit or vagabond. People make me so uncomfortable it becomes almost unberable
>>
File: hmm.png (33KB, 737x379px) Image search: [Google]
hmm.png
33KB, 737x379px
I can bet that this is literally 90%+ of this board
>>
even in that list normies cant comprehend the idea of someone having no relationships at all.
>>
File: nietszche.png (13KB, 681x65px) Image search: [Google]
nietszche.png
13KB, 681x65px
>>36810524

Do you do any drugs?
Also, what is your mbti?
I don't talk with other schizoids very often, for obvious reasons, so I'm interested in your opinions.
>>
>>36810578
Not that guy, but I am OP and am INTP.
>>
>>36810542
shit
whats this one for
>>
>>36810542
>>36810295
oh
oregon
>>
>>36810597
go back 2 lurking fag
>>
File: glass.gif (14KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
glass.gif
14KB, 633x758px
>>36810578

I got INTP. but I hold a pretty negative opinion of MBTI in general. Smells like nonsense to me.(inb4 MUH TYPEs) No, I don't do drugs. Never tried them.
>>
(1) has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements)

(2) is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love

(3) believes that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions)

(4) requires excessive admiration

(5) has a sense of entitlement, i.e., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations

(6) is interpersonally exploitative, i.e., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends

(7) lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others

(8) is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her

(9) shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes

literally me what do robots
>>
>>36810295
talked to a schizo girl on here before she ghosted me, her symptoms matched mine even tho I'm not diagnosed nor ever thought I was schizo

I always assumed all schizo people hear voices but apparently not, feels batman
>>
>>36810622
fuck off faggot
answer the question
it the same as OP or is it something else
>>
File: dasit.png (35KB, 381x187px) Image search: [Google]
dasit.png
35KB, 381x187px
>>36810593
I figured you were an INTP.
INTP's and INTJ's are more likely to be schizoid, overall.
I'm in the same boat.
>>
>>36810653
SPD and schizophrenia are two entirely different disorders, despite the name.
>>
>>36810622
>>36810597
Lrn 2 Google, dumbfuck. Anyone with half a dozen brain cells to rub together can find this in five seconds.

It's avoidant personality, numbnuts.
>>
>>36810652
Sounds like a narc to me.

>>36810633
Also, I would normally agree that MBTIs is bullshit, but it DOES seem to consistently identify individuals with schizoid tendencies in this case.
I ask about drugs because I find them to be superior to human interaction, and I imagine other people like me think the same thing.
I acknowledge escapism is limiting to a person, but frankly I don't feel like I was made for any of this.

>>36810653
We aren't talking about schizophrenia, anon.
>>
What kills me more than anything else is that I can remember when I was socially capable. I moved in the eighth grade (American, so around the age of 14), and I never really managed to recover socially. It didn't help that I went from absolute top of the pack academically to pretty good.

I can remember when I was the center of two lunch tables pushed together, but I can also remember how, a few years later, I was part of the rejects table at lunch (me, a dyke that has transitioned since, and a dude that was either mentally retarded or severely autistic).
>>
>>36810295
>Should I visit a psychiatrist and get help
Only if you can get it done free.
SPD - like pretty much all the personality disorders with the partial exception of Borderline Personality Disorder - is extremely difficult to treat. Like the name suggests, the issues are with your personality and that's beyond easy management with pills or therapy. Some psychs might be able to help provide strategies to essentially work around the disorder but unless you're really desperate then paying money for pscyh care probably won't be worth it.

Also, there's a distinction between having schizoid personality trains and schizoid personality disorder. All comes down to how much distress is being caused and whether you're still able to function in society.

>>36810653
Big difference between schizotypal personality, schizoid personality, and the psychotic disorders (which include schizophrenia, schizoaffetive disorder, delusional disorder and a whole bunch of others)
Hearing voices generally means a psychotic disorder of some kind, or another mental illness with psychotic features
>>
>>36810797
Are you sure you're schizoid, anon?
>>
>>36810784

If I had the money and means, I would try marijuana. but being sequestered to your bed room for 90% of the days precludes drugs. No friends either.

Life is one long stretch of trying to escape. Escape escape escape. Dying seems the best bet.
>>
>>36810830
do whatever you can to get drugs man it'll be worth your effort
>>
>>36810830
Heroin is the fix... Just don't run out
>>
File: hermit.jpg (101KB, 350x600px) Image search: [Google]
hermit.jpg
101KB, 350x600px
>>36810830
Yeah, life does seem to come down to just trying to get away from everything.
Sometimes the escapes are interesting enough to keep me going, though. Life is interesting, its the human interaction bit I would rather do without. I should probably fuck off into the woods.
>>
File: dr1nk.jpg (11KB, 600x434px) Image search: [Google]
dr1nk.jpg
11KB, 600x434px
>>36810844

My family has a history of anxiety disorder so I worry sometimes. Marijuana is worth trying at least once. But besides that, I really wish there was a cabin somewhere far away where I could live.

>tfw there is a very high rate of SPD among the homeless
http://www.ncsinc.org/images/pdfs/JPD_article_winter_2008.pdf
Seems rational to me. Anything to be at peace
>>
Psychiatric help is not necessary unless the symptoms interfere with your normal activity (too apathetic to study, too socially unmotivated to work, too cold and detached from your family, etc), which is often the case when you live in the city and are forced to be social. Many people have schizoid traits but don't have the disorder (because it isn't troubling for them).

>>36810653
Schizoid and schizotypal disorders don't present hallucinations. Schizophrenia, schizophreniform and schizoaffective disorders do because they are psychotic disorders.
>>
>>36810971
>I really wish there was a cabin somewhere far away where I could live
this is my strongest feel
>>
File: 1460697035578.gif (2MB, 248x291px) Image search: [Google]
1460697035578.gif
2MB, 248x291px
>>36811101
>>36810971
>tfw you grandparents leave you their cottage in Northern Michigan
>spend the summer doing odd-jobs and part-time work and then just hide inside by the fire all Winter watching anime and playing video games
Sure, I'll die alone and be found dead after several months of decay, but at least I'll be cozy.
>>
>>36811101
>>36810971
>tfw you grandparents Ieave you their cottage in Northern Michigan
>spend the summer doing odd-jobs and part-time work and then just hide inside by the fire aII Winter watching anime and pIaying video games
Sure, I'II die alone and be found dead after severaI months of decay, but at Ieast I'II be cozy.
>>
To any true schizoids here I would highly recommend smoking cannabis, on your own of course.

Nothing I'd rather do in the whole world, and it's not even for escapism. Throw some Alan Watts in there and nothing comes close to the feelings and dialogues you can inspire in yourself.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.