[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>people, family and friends tell me im an alcoholic >they

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: pissin hopps.jpg (91KB, 724x473px) Image search: [Google]
pissin hopps.jpg
91KB, 724x473px
>people, family and friends tell me im an alcoholic
>they wont stop
>stop drinking with zero effort for a week so far
>in contrast also quit smoking for nearly the same amount of time
>plan to go for at least 2 weeks
>not having any trouble
>family says 'congratulations"
>i think to myself "why are you congratulating me? I only stopped drinking to show you dumb fucks im not an alcoholic."
>they think im sober
>my face when this isnt the first time i voluntarily quit drinking alcohol

Why is alcohol so taboo? Its literally not hard to quit. Or maybe im just not an alcoholic and cant understand how hard it actually is. I really dont know.
>>
Same way desu, I enjoy them but I can easily stop doing them.
>>
no harm in taking regular breaks to keep you in check. with alcohol, and plenty of other substances, you never know when it's going to sneak up on you and starts sticking. happened to me and many others before me.
>>
Never understood it. it makes you fucking want to die if you have too much
>>
>>36804262
im not really having a hard time at all, expect maybe for the cigs because i hand rolled them myself, and i want to taste my efforts. Im so tempted to light one up, before they get stale, but im going all the way with my break.

>my face when im more addicted to nicotine than to alcohol
>my face when i can give them both up cold turkey
Fucking normies make this shit look so hard.

>>36804312
yeah there have been times where i started drinking too much, but like all bad times it goes away.
>>36804313
anything will make you want to die if you get too much of it. Id like to have a drink right now, because my muscles are sore and ive got a headache. I could really use the increased blood flow.
>>
>>36804247
Your peers/family deem you an alcoholic because they see you consuming it repeateadly. Constant alcohol consumption, particularly to excess, often suggests emotional, financial, and possibly social instability, and is considered 'bad' as a result. Combined with your potential personality traits (being an /r9k/ user), and the notoriety of alcohol and its effects, it is no wonder they think you are an alcoholic.

>It isn't hard!
Tell that to all the weaklings in jail for vehicular manslaughter and at Alcoholics Anonymous meetings.
>>
How much is too much drinking?

I have not drank for a couple of weeks, but had a six pack last night.

Kind of want another today.

Is this GG?
>>
>>36804813
>How much is too much drinking?
Variable. Basically if you life starts getting fucked because of your drinking, you drink too much
>>
I was a hard core alcoholic for years and it negatively affected my life.

BUT I remember literally everybody tell me "quitting drinking is the hardest blah blah" "I've relapsed a billion times I just can't stop" and other self pity stories about lack of restraint

After I got over the physical addiction I had absolutely no desire to drink. How the fuck are there people who just can't stop? I had to stop going to AA because I got tired of hearing people constantly tell me how hard it was. Nigga just stop buying booze, stop having it in your house. It's that simple
>>
>>36804949
Ive actually got a bottle of vodka in my closet, and i would love to have a drink, but this is where that restraint comes in. Its just as easy for me to take a couple of shots, or mix a drink up as it is to not drink it.

>>36804813
you dammed alcoholic. Guess you need to start your sobriety ALL OVER AGAIN!
>>
>>36804949
Because addiction affects everybody differently both mentally and physically. I know a dude that quit a 2 pack a day habit after smoking for 5 years cold turkey without an issue, but can't stop gambling.

Stop acting like you're all high and mighty with an inhumane grip over your unconscious mind. If you were, you wouldn't be posting on R9K
>>
>>36804247
Anon you're fooling yourselves

Alcohol is as addictive as heroin. Alcohol is one of the few drugs where withdrawal symptoms along can kill you - doctors have to give you a steady stream of alcohol or you go into shock

Alcoholism is serious and you're making a joke of it
>>
>>36804874
What if you have no life?
>>
>>36805017
>Stop acting like you're all high and mighty with an inhumane grip over your unconscious mind. If you were, you wouldn't be posting on R9K

>stop buying booze
>stop going to places that primarily serve booze
>stop having booze in your house

Have you ever been to an AA meeting? Ever single relapse story always starts with "I was hanging out with a guy who had booze" or "I walked into the store and walked out with booze and didn't know I bought it (lol bullshit)", or "I went to a bar at night and thought I could control myself"
>>
>>36805044
>Alcohol is as addictive as heroin.
False.
>Alcohol is one of the few drugs where withdrawal symptoms along can kill you -
True
>doctors have to give you a steady stream of alcohol or you go into shock
False and you're full of shit. They give you pills (primarily Diazepam (Valium), lorazepam (Ativan), chlordiazepoxide (Librium))
>>
>>36805044
im not making a joke of it, im not trying to at least. I really just dont understand how someone that isnt an alcoholic is called an alcoholic when they can literally quit drinking any time they want to. and if they decide to have a drink they are immediately an alcoholic again.
>>
You're not an alcoholic man. It's impossible for me to quit. Be careful, I hope you don't fall any deeper than your current mind state. I cannot quit it at all. In order for me to quit I have to go to a hospital and get professional treatment just to withstand the fucking withdrawals. It's SHIT dude. I wish I never started drinking. If you don't have an addictive personality you might be fine. I go through hellish delirium tremens that I cannot withstand in an awakened state and constant alcohol poisoning I wouldn't wish it on anybody. Not a single fucking person. Don't care about what your family thinks, just make sure you're okay yourself man. There's a difference between drinking alcohol and BEING alcohol. Every second of my life is fucking alcohol. BE CAREFUL AND STAY RESPONSIBLE, AND LISTEN TO YOUR FUCKING FAMILY IF YOU KNOW WHAT'S GOOD FOR YOU.
>>36804949
It negatively affected my life to the point I didn't have a fucking life. My family disowned me. I can't stop because if I stop it feels like I'm in hell. My choice became, drink and feel like screaming from how shit you feel or don't drink and feel like you're burning in hell. It's fucking horrific. I'll die soon. I couldn't go a single fucking day sober. Anybody who has the power to go sober at this state deserves fucking praise. I don't want to hear about your "just stop buying booze" bullshit, you don't know a single fucking thing. It's not simple. I've lost several people to alcohol addiction and they weren't the same person they were when they left. They were empty caskets. It's not a choice anymore, it's just a doomsday clock counting down to extinction. I drink so fucking much I only eat once every few days to make room for the poison and my stomach feels like a constant erupting fucking volcano. All of my budget goes towards fucking alcohol. You can't just GET OVER IT at this stage. I can't even walk anymore. I need alcohol just to stay alive. Fucking hell.
>>
>>36804247
don't think it to yourself, say it to their face.
>>
>>36805129
It's not about whether you "can quit". It's about how much you do it

"Yeah I only drink every day, but I could quit any time I want"

O fucking kay? You're doing the same danage to your body as a real alcoholic even if you hypothetically "could" quit at any time. What matters is whether you actually do quit and STAY quit

Have at MOST a couple drinks on a bad week
>>
>>36805246
Everything you said sounds like the same bullshit drivel I've heard from every alcoholic I've ever met before they either fixed themselves or just died from their addiction. At no point in your long ass rambling was there any mention that you even remotely TRIED to fix yourself, just wallowing in self pity and saying it's too hard.
>>
>>36805017
>If you were, you wouldn't be posting on R9K

Weak as fuck argument, literally anyone who can solve a captcha can post here.
>>
>>36804874
yeah, I've never really understood this metric. usually you can't see the forest for the trees, so you don't know when you're life is getting fucked.
>>
>>36804949
this is like all the fatties who diet for a month and give up. people really have no willpower.

I think this is also why women cheat, people do hard drugs, stay in shitty jobs they hate, and are afraid to speak their actual thoughts. no self control or self-determination.
>>
>>36805291
How much drinking is too much? I drink maybe once a week, but I drink a lot
>>
File: beer.jpg (312KB, 2048x1418px) Image search: [Google]
beer.jpg
312KB, 2048x1418px
>>36805373

This also, want to know for a friend.

Drinking info varies heavily on the net.

I know medically speaking, anything above 5+ beers is binge drinking in one session, and 14 drinks a week is maximum healthy limit.

But in reality, as a 22 year old, how enjoy a couple of 6 packs on a friday and Saturday?

I never drink during the week or a day before something important like class, but fuck me, your man is just a lonely robot who wants to feel some warmth on a weekend while watching ross kemp documentaries
>>
>>36805373
>>36805495
There is no "hard line" that's written in books. It's all your perspective.

-If you have to ask whether you're drinking too much, you did
-If it's negatively affecting your relationships or job, you are
-If you feel like you ever NEED to drink (Like you're having an actual melt down because you don't have booze) you are

Nobody can tell you that you're an alcoholic except for yourself
>>
>>36805064
>oversimplifying everything and make it seem easy is a great argument

Hey heroin addicts
>stop hanging out with junkies
>stop talking to your dealer

Wow, it's really easy to quit heroin!

Not sure also why you're talking about how easy a physical and mental addiction is to quit, while you can't even quit posting on a site that only breeds negativity
>>
>>36805589
>Wow, it's really easy to quit heroin!
>can't get heroin
>remove triggers of heroin
You're absolutely right, it is that simple.
>>
Most of the baby boomer kids grew up with an alcoholic father/grandfather etc. Just don't drink by yourself only drink socially and they'll see you as a drinking buddy rather than an alcoholic.
>>
>>36805544

I mean more in terms of killing internal functions of body. I don't want to die at 40
>>
>>36805373
when I crossed the line into "too much" the drunk version of myself had changed from a happy, agreeable, quick-to-laugh guy who loved talking to people to a mean, resentful, bitter old man who just wanted to enjoy his mind-erasing in peace.

At the end of my drinking days I was blacking out every night, and had been for years. Alcohol abuse does things to your personality that we're only starting to understand neurologically. Drinking is fun, it's wonderful to share a bit of alcohol with new people and bond, it's fun to occasionally have a little too much around people you trust, but abusing the stuff will definitely do some pretty awful things.

My problem was that I've never had a positive experience with any other drugs, so booze was it.
>>
>>36805767
>I mean more in terms of killing internal functions of body. I don't want to die at 40

Well everybody's body is different. If you're that worried then you really shouldn't drink at all. If you want to balance it then just ask a doctor to examine your liver, kidneys, and pancreas periodically.
>>
File: crawling.jpg (15KB, 241x133px) Image search: [Google]
crawling.jpg
15KB, 241x133px
OP here
I am really craving a cigarette. I cant believe ive become one of those people. Ive got 4 rollys ready to be smoked, and i wont ever get to know how good they are. I just need to get to sleep.

I wonder if id be craving them as hard if i had just bought a pack from the store, or if the fact that i rolled my own makes me want to enjoy the fruits of my labor.

>i cant believe im this addicted to nicotine
>>
File: 1492455593982.jpg (28KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1492455593982.jpg
28KB, 480x360px
>>36806160
>4 rollys ready to be smoked

Fucking jelly, anon
I still live with my parents but they started taking their cigs into their bedroom after I started borrowing. They're sleeping in their room with them right now
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.