[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do my fellow shut-ins deal with having no money at all?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

File: Hikikomori.jpg (74KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Hikikomori.jpg
74KB, 1280x720px
How do my fellow shut-ins deal with having no money at all?

Also disclaimer I'm not talking about anon that just finished school and is taking a year break before trying to go to college and so on. I'm talking about men that are almost 30 years old and have retreated back to live with their parents.

Ones that never really leave their rooms and rarely go somewhere else inside their parents house.

In my case I have been fixing my computer as much as I can and when something breaks that I don't need for it to keep going I just throw that part away in a pile.

I wanted to play some mmo to pass time but since I lack PC and money for a sub I either just watch cartoons on the lowest resolution possible (net is 1mb) and browse this site.

Up until now I have been doing ok, last year my dad gave me 30 bucks as a gift and I bought some very old PC parts from ebay so I could keep my potato going on, also the thing that has keep me going is that I don't want my old mom / dad to find my dead body in the bed so I can't kill myself yet.
>>
You can't get NEETbux where you are?
I know someone that saved up 50k on NEETbux over a few years by living with parents/being frugal.
>>
>>36803322
No, there's no NEETbux here and my parents are poor too which is one of the reasons I try my best not to make things worse for them.
I only eat once in the morning and at night and usually just something like rice or pasta that I cook myself.
>>
>>36803322

heh, in the UK you can't save neetbux, anything more than 6k and then they claim that's sufficient saving to cut you off and then you have to reapply again, like seriously i had it go over 6k once when my mother gave me back some money she was holding for me and i had a visit from a fucking lady from DWP (computer must've flagged me) so they know whats going on in your bank account.
>>
>>36803775
How the fuck do they even track that? Can't you just withdraw it all as cash and stuff it in a mattress?
>>
>>36803260

where do you live? and what mmo did you want to play? i'd give you my old computer if you could come and pick it up, my old computer, can't remember what it is now, but it's AGP socket but i had got the best agp card i could for it for free from a friend, it's a dual core something i can't remember now. it's not good enough for the most modern of games, but it is able to run everything pre-dx10 games at max detail iirc.

also i'm in england if that helps.
>>
>>36803842
You can but if you get to 5k-5,5k and suddenly withdraw it all is kinda suspicious.
>>
>>36803842

well obviously my bank account is linked to their computers, that data protection shit is so people can't manually look at your account but it's legal for a computer to watch over, so it simply flags you up to a real human to investigate when my account was briefly over 6k.
>>
>>36803862
Withdraw it while it's still 3k then faggog
>>
>>36803775
It would be the same where he is.
>>36803862
You obviously can not do it that way.

Also he is lying if he doesnt know about the 5k limit.
>>
>>36803260
I don't deal with it Anon. I just accept it. I don't celebrate my birthday, christmas or any other holidays and I never get any spare money. I get no NEETbux. I don't ask my dad for anything and we struggle just to survive month to month. I could get NEETbux but I can't even fill out the forms or go outside, and my dad only leaves the house to get groceries and even that is too much for him. I wouldn't even have internet right now if I didn't have good internet friends. This laptop, these headphones and pretty much anything I use was donated to me. Our furniture, beds, tables and etc. came from the dump and we reuse plastic utensils from takeout. Being a shut-in should only be done if you're getting the NEETbux IMO.
>>
File: ff_large1.jpg (148KB, 967x728px) Image search: [Google]
ff_large1.jpg
148KB, 967x728px
>>36803853
Sorry, eastern europe here.
I used to read stuff about and sometimes watch people playing FFXI and that game was amazing when I saw for the first time I think it's because my favotire game is final fantasy tactics and they had same classes and world.

But I never really had a computer or money to afford the sub, it's not like I will ever play it anyways I don't even know if there's a private server out there.

The only game that my computer really can run is warcraft II and a long time ago it could handle ragnarok online but once the video card died and I started using the onboard one it can't really handle it.

Thanks for the offer though, I'm still curious how other shut-in anons deal with having zero money, I haven't had a bottle of coke in like 5 years but I guess that's a good thing, that shit is bad for your health.
>>
>>36804002
those are some real good friends
>>
>>36804017
In the new FFXIV expansion next month they have a new Ivalice raid/story designed by the final fantasy tactics creator it might be worth watching too
>>
>>36804017
Are you afraid of going outside or do you just not want a job?
>>
>>36803260
>>36804002

Do you guys just have zero interest in making money? Like none whatsoever? It's kind of challenging and fun, sort of like a video game, especially if you don't want to do manual labor and use up your body, i.e. by setting up an online business selling ebooks or shitty apps online.
>>
>>36804020
They are. I was lucky enough to get internet friends for 10+ years that tolerated me. Too bad I suck.
>>
>>36803260
I wish for a fit girl who will wank my dick
>>
>>36804070
I will try to watch it on youtube once they make it then. Thanks anon.

>>36804074
Anon, I don't even know anymore, I kinda used to help my dad selling stuff at the little market until I was like 17, I tried to study and so on but things only went downhill after that. He got sick, almost died 2 times in a row because of a fucked up operation (his spine disc was compressing some crap and he couldn't move his arms or legs well anymore) so he retired and now gets government benefits which aren't much due to shitty country.

I also got in some heavy debt because of that, after these things I kinda gave up and decided to just stay in my bedroom, I'm 29 now.
I'm waiting for them to die so I can kill myself and not make them sad but I also am scared as fuck of killing myself.

If it wasn't for 4chan I wouldn't really talk to people other than my mom and dad.
>>
>>36803260
28 years old, been a NEET ever since 18. Couldn't get NEETbux. Family was cripplingly poor my entire life, so I got used to having nothing. My mother and brother paid all the bills and I just did housework stuff like cleaning/yardwork/etc. Guess what? It doesn't work. It gets worse and worse, and I finally got a job this last month. My mood has literally done a 180, even though pretty much all my money is going to go to paying rent. You'd be surprised how much of a difference a good group of normies to drag you out of your social solitude will make. I can't say I'm HAPPY yet, but I can say I don't go to bed horribly depressed every single night anymore.
>>
I'm a good writer and all my newhews/nieces in college pimp me out as their essay slut to friends. I'm smart but lazy so the little 1 to 5 page things I charge $10/page and the lazy rich shits gladly cough it up. The best money I got was when one was in nursing school. I was writing careplans and charged $50/each for them. Nursing is a lot harder than I thought because my first 2 I had to offer full refunds as they got B's for them and my policy is money back guarantee A's if they give me a rubric and three days time.

I also sell my adhd pills for $100/bottle. I know they make a lot more selling but they're the ones taking a risk so I don't mind only getting a small chunk. I only take one a day so it's a steady stream. Beyond that it's just little odd hustles, look at a neighbors sink, clean up a tree, that kind of thing. I briefly crocheted little pokemons to sell on etsy but it's pain in the ass and barely beats minimum wage going full speed. I heard one guy complaining about not having enough money for alcohol so I said for $60 I'd give him 5 gallons of 12% and teach him how to get more for under $5/gallon. For a second I thought I was going to get my ass kicked when I showed up with a bucket, 3 bags of sugar, a pack of yeast, and some dollar tree lemon juice but he let me explain and was satisfied after I said I'd give him a refund if he at least tries and doesn't like it.

Money is never a concern for me really as it has a way of coming when I need it. I really don't ever buy anything though. I probably have a couple thousand stashed away in my shoebox. Aside from my computer I don't need anything else. I'm lucky to know college kids but there's other stuff besides shitting out papers overnight. I see decent computers on craigslist all the time for under $200. Grab a free table and sand/varnish it to sale. Use the money to pick up a hot laptop that's a couple years old.
>>
File: gq4r2W7hy3-8.png (13KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
gq4r2W7hy3-8.png
13KB, 300x250px
>>36803260
I buy cheap shit from China and sell it in my home country for 10x the price

I only have to leave my room to go to the post office
>>
>>36803260
I live in a van, so it is kinda different. Im not really a shut in because i go outside at night. I collect cans and recycle them for money.life sucks but i have my own van so it could be worse
>>
im 30. i dont have a job and live at home. i don't really need money for anything other than gas for my car and occasionally food when there isn't any in the house. i just don't really buy anything.
>>
>>36805244

what the fuck do you do with yourself
>>
File: 1485883414433.png (46KB, 253x294px)
1485883414433.png
46KB, 253x294px
>>36805276
think about killing myself every 15-20 minutes
>>
>>36803260
I do amazon mechanical turk when I need money. It's shitty and boring but when you live with your parents you don't need much.
>>
>>36805276
too depressed to do anything desu

orignle
>>
>>36804488
you have to be paying more than $100 a bottle for adhd pills. Are your parents paying and you just sell them at a loss? If so it would be better to just steal money directly from your parents.
>>
>>36803260
im 26 and have a job, but does it really matter if you dont have enough to get your own place?

I dont know how anyone that makes less than $16/hr can afford to live by themselves.

min wage is $7.50 here, so it's not like its some pure shit job or im living in CA/NY.

On the flip side, living with my parents means I get to save money, so I can afford to eat out everyday and buy expensive shit.

I guess its not all bad considering I dont ever plan on getting a gf/having kids. I do want my freedom though
>>
>>36805416

I get them retardbux so 4 prescriptions a month are covered at $2 each co-pay. Out of curiosity I looked at how much they are and it's $128 bottle. I could charge more but it's family and they kick business my way so I don't sweat it. I have to go in each month but I don't take that much so even selling at a loss wouldn't be terrible. I can't just have grams of amphetamine in my room taking up space.
>>
>>36803862
What about if you have another account in your name and transfer the money from the benefits account to the other. How are the DWP able to see what's going on in the other bank account?
>>
>>36803260
how your computer breaks?
I have several machines, some of them with windows 98 running for decades and nothing breaks
why?
>>
>>36805636
If he was smart enough to do shit like that then he wouldn't be getting the autism bux in the first place...
>>
>>36806014
4 power supplies died (I only buy used / cheap 10 dollar PSUs because my pc is an old potato)
my gpu died (started using onboard one with 32mb memory)
2 HDD died.
My monitor died but I managed to find a scrap power supply board for it and fixed myself.

What else to say? I have a really old pc and it's been through some shit.
>>
>>36806103
you are lying
how it breaks?
you are doing something wrong
perhaps moving stuff around and letting it fall?
you are doing something, this shit doesn't "break"
>>
File: cheap-psu-0.jpg (28KB, 502x337px) Image search: [Google]
cheap-psu-0.jpg
28KB, 502x337px
>>36806144
Shit just fries and stops working.
I don't know what else to explain, you never had a cheap PSU fail and burn shit in your life? Or you only had those cool computers with expensive shit in it?
>>
>>36806204
I have seen a psu fail but it was because of the motherboard, it was well-known for frying psus, buying a better psu solved it

this is not the thing "breaking", this is a defect of the motherboard voltages though
>>
>>36806322
But the motherboard is fine.
The computer still works great for what it is.

It's a celeron with 2 ddr1 512mb ram sticks, I cant overclock this thing I'm sure there's no option anywhere.
>>
>>36806358
is it working?
go play the sims 2
you can thank me later
>>
>>36806431
Do you think it can really run on that computer? I'm using window xp but it's really slow even to watch anime nowadays.
>>
>>36806561
yes it should
with originality of course
>>
>>36806561
run ccleaner on that thing, see if that will help
flash type games may be better for you
>>
>>36806598
Alright thanks anon.
I will try to find a pirated torrent.

Bit unrelated but I miss emule it was nice for anime and games.
>>
>>36806649
don't download all the expasions
start with just the base game or base + nightlife
>>
File: 1493939854634.jpg (50KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
1493939854634.jpg
50KB, 500x400px
I don't know how you could live with parents until 30. I moved back in at 24 and am nearing 26 and I am about to rip my fucking hair out. I'm moving out in a few months and it could not come soon enough.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.