[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i'm only 20 and already losing touch with what teenagers

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1470604319724.jpg (70KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
1470604319724.jpg
70KB, 650x650px
i'm only 20 and already losing touch with what teenagers are up to these days, what the fuck is discord. how the fuck do people find out about r9k via discord, isnt it just small chatrooms?

where tf did it come from and how did it grow this fast. and most of all, why do people keep fucking talking about it? why are you glorifying some fucking chatroom app. i dont get it. can you guys please stop mentioning fucking discord its just emberassing.
>>
bumping for a normal and truthful post, we need more like these
>>
>>36797364
people used teamspeak then the vast majority of the twitch community/gamers switched over to discord servers in like 2013, so it's pretty fucking old now OP.

Now, due to how these things work, Discord is pretty mainstream, it is the skype or MSN of this generation and isn't just for games anymore.

I'm 22 and I know this, if you don't you're either much older or fucking braindead.

I don't use discord, but I know what it is.
>>
>>36797557
i mean i know its pretty much skype on your browser but im not understanding why every single body is talking about this out of fucking nowhere. am i going crazy? do you not see this especially on this board? people cant shut up about it.
>>
>>36797364
It's basically IRC with image sharing. It became popular because it's free and easy to use, and ties in with video games. After that it's just a network effect. It's incredibly shitty though, all the worst and most dramatic people go there. It's like if all of the tripfags on 4chan gathered up in one place and all turned out to be 15-17 years old with a taste for "ironic memes."
>>
>>36797745
>15-17 years old with a taste for "ironic memes
so everyone on /b/ and most of the people on the other boards?
>>
>>36797798
Yes, that's pretty much it, but with more "it's not gay if she's a girl (male)" and interpersonal drama.
>>
>>36797364
It's a games voip thing that stupid fuckers who suck at videogames use to circle jerk over garbage.
Probably because all leet pros like myself and my colleagues still use teamspeak and irc and have no need to switch.

I'll admit the whole being able to paste a link and having it grant join permission is nice, but it's not a feature we salty mad vets need. Already know everybody.
>>
>>36797364
I'm 32 and I have some idea of what it is.

>>36797557
This. Literally any topic you can think of, from any part of the internet including 4chan and its individual boards, and then individual threads within those board, all have a gay-ass cancerous discord room.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.