[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else ever feel like they have some kind of sixth sense?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1483889496739.png (19KB, 500x590px) Image search: [Google]
1483889496739.png
19KB, 500x590px
Anyone else ever feel like they have some kind of sixth sense?

I've always been able to "sense" the presence of other people without hearing or seeing them. For example, if I'm in a quiet room in total silence, I can "feel" it if someone is moving around nearby, even if I can't hear anything at all. Sometimes even if they're outside walking down the street.

The best way I can describe it is the air changes. It feels like a ripple on the surface of water, but through the air.

Surely I'm not the only one who's thought about this, but it's one of those things no one ever talks about.
>>
You been missing your anti-psychotic doses OP?
>>
File: 64667694.png (205KB, 659x525px) Image search: [Google]
64667694.png
205KB, 659x525px
i can make my dick erect wiht the power of my mind
>>
>>36796417
Schizotypal personality disorder, or the start of schizophrenia.
>>
>>36796533
You're lying. Stop trying to scare me. I'm perfectly sane... right?
>>
>>36796417
when I wake up with migraine it's always cloudy outside maybe im jesus christ?
>>
>>36796554
STPD can very much be considered sane, just a bit loony.
Post results
http://www.pdchat.co.uk/psychtests/stpd/stypal.php
>>
>>36796604
>Based on your answers, it's highly unlikely that you have Schizotypal personality disorder. However, if you continue to suspect that something might be wrong, or your family and/or friends are concerned about you, then you should consult with a doctor or mental health professional.

Seems like a weak test to me.
>>
>>36796554
As long as you're aware that this sixth sense isn't specific to you or "magical" or something, then you're cool.

Keep an eye out for paranoid thoughts regarding loved ones, the FBI/CIA, religious entities such as demons, and aliens. Most schizophrenics become obsessed with these things.

Also, how exactly do you think you've come to have these powers or whatever?
>>
>>36796691
I don't believe in anything supernatural at all.

What I'm describing is based in reality. It's more like I feel I have a heightened ability to detect subtle changes in air pressure. Other animals can do it. I can feel a difference in the air when something electrical is running too. Like if a TV is on mute in another room, I can feel it in the air.

I'm honestly surprised I'm alone in this so far.
>>
>>36796788
You're not. Dissocation's done away with most of it, but I used to get that constantly. It's like the feeling of being watched, or when there's someone standing behind you, you kind of feel they're there. It's the same feeling.
I think it's just you picking up sounds and other information that there's someone or something there and you subconsciously react to it. Like people who feel they're being followed innawoods, but see or hear nothing, then later come up on bear tracks, or see the beast itself as it comes too close.
>>
>>36796788
Two more questions from me:

Do you physically see or hear things other people can't?

And, this is a serious question, are you on the autism spectrum?

I am, and I used to be much more autistic before I had therapy as a kid. I remember being able to hear subtle noises others wouldn't hear until I pointed it out, or very small details in things other people wouldn't notice. The difference with this and psychosis is that once pointed out, other people can confirm it's real. Maybe the same thing is happening with you.
>>
I think it's a sense most people used to have, given that we used to be prey. But once we started advancing off the food chain, it got suppressed so most people "lost" it. But I think it's why it flares up when in certain situations like being alone in the woods or in a dark, unfamiliar place.
>>
>>36796788
I always know when the CRT tv in my house is on, even if it's on a different floor.
I can hear a high pitched whining sound which no one else says they can hear
Good to know I'm not alone
>>
>>36796533
Schizotypal here, it's more like delusional paranoia that you take as such (a paranoia) but are ready to act on.

OP sounds more like schizophrenic delusions.
>>
>>36796595
i got 75%, but this test cant possibly be realistic with so few questions right?

i sometimes hallucinate some things in shadows/corner of my eye, am a bit paranoid and have some social anxiety i guess, and am very dreamy but honestly thats not too bad right.
>>
>>36798560
also is this related to what i would describe as a mild version of derealization? i very very often feel like im still in a dream during the day, i just zone out of reality for a bit, fall back into it. realize wow shit im alive this is reality, and eventually just zone out again leaving my body on auto-pilot.

sometimes during auto-pilot mode im lost in thought on an extreme level, or sometimes i dont think anything at all and alot of time can have passed and i didnt notice much of it.

ive been feeling like this for a few weeks now and ive had many periods before like this. sometimes it goes away for a while but its pretty recurring. but i dont think its as extereme as people with actual derealization describe it to be. it feels weird though. is this related to schizotypal stuff?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.