[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can prolonged NEET lifestyle make you insane? Or does it

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 9

File: 14937011813841.gif (2MB, 294x212px) Image search: [Google]
14937011813841.gif
2MB, 294x212px
Can prolonged NEET lifestyle make you insane? Or does it make you more stupid?
>>
Just get some weede
>>
It's manageable with an internet connection.
>>
yes, social isolation leads to mental health problems, thats why solitary confinement is considered a humans rights violation

at the start you'll notice your memory start to go because you're not getting any new sensory data
>>
I'm a neetlord and yes I'm pretty crazy I get worse every year. I know a lot about a lot of things though. My free time allows me to absorb much more information than any normie could ever hope.

Also I recognize that gap I want to inhale lauren's cunny
>>
>>36793834
Oh it will definitely fuck you up, coming from experience
>>
>>36793834
Not as stupid as seeing pussy on a dry spell apparently
>>
File: 1478132388063.png (64KB, 658x901px) Image search: [Google]
1478132388063.png
64KB, 658x901px
>>36793834
In my experience it makes you dumber AND crazier (among other things).
>>
>>36793834
>Can prolonged NEET lifestyle make you insane?
Define insanity
It also depends on the mental state of the person most normal faggots couldn't handle it.

>Does it make you more stupid?
It depends on how you use your time,it's common sense kiddo
>>
>>36793957
I define insanity as schizophrenia and delusions
>>
>>36793888
I think I've absorbed too much information, getting out and having interaction with people helps a bit
>Lauren
Do you know where this gif is from?
>>
>>36794005
Eh..Yes you might become a little bit insane in that case but it depends on how mentally strong you are,but if you are not that strong you can become strong with the time you spend neeting.
>>
>>36793834
Yes for both questions

I'm NEET since 7 years
>>
You shouldn't become insane as long as you socialize online or something. Play an online game, or join a discord, or just stay active on these boards but actually post.

As far as stupid goes, that again has to do with how you spend your time. A couple years of mindless internet fun will make you forget all the old knowledge you had at your fingertips that could make you seem capable when problem solving. You can relearn it all since your intelligence doesn't actually decrease but you will seem stupid for a while.

The worst thing about prolonged NEEThood is that if you ever go outside you will have forgotten how to actually talk to people in real life. It'll make your old social skills, which were possibly shit to begin with, look like those of a god.
>>
>>36793834
Depends on how badly you've been conditioned into becoming a wageslave and having no ability to find objectives on your own.
>>
>>36794024

Yea its of thighs belonging to lauren southern who is a babys first right wing youtuber/journalist
>>
>>36794170
>implying talking to no one but an anomymous image board about depression is good for your mental health
>>
File: bjork7.jpg (318KB, 756x1024px) Image search: [Google]
bjork7.jpg
318KB, 756x1024px
>>36793834
as long as you have some friends I would suppose

But me I'm going insane and I can't really take it anymore

I just laid on my bed for 5 hours listening to music, and I would have done it all damn day if it wasn't for my heart skipping beats and such due to oversleeping

oh well
>>
Only untermensch NEETs can't handle the radical freedom it affords you. Being a NEET is the ultimate lifestyle for the researcher, essayist, philosopher, enthusiast, collector, designer, etc.

Of course a person will go insane if they have nothing that they're up to. Sadly, I see a lot of NEETs around here whose hobbies include playing video games poorly, socializing awkwardly on discord and various groups, and parroting meme opinions on things and life.
>>
>>36793834
It doesn't make you worse than whatever made you become a NEET in the first place.
>>
>>36794243
It shouldn't cause psychosis. Worsen depression sure, worsen anxiety sure. But it won't drive you to insanity.
>>
>>36794217
Yes but which video of her
>>
File: smugwojak4v2.png (32KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
smugwojak4v2.png
32KB, 640x400px
>>36793834
This has made me more smug.
>>
>>36793834
The isolation both destroys your ability to think and your mental wellbeing. That's not all, though. It also physically kills you faster than obesity or drinking or smoking.
>>
File: 40b.jpg (28KB, 546x567px) Image search: [Google]
40b.jpg
28KB, 546x567px
>>36794932
Got any sources to back that statement up?
>>
As for mental instability, I'd say yes, it's really made me paranoid of everything around me.

As for stupidity, I read a lot of philosophy, mystical shit, political science, etc. I wouldn't really say I have gotten smarter or dumber from being a NEET
>>
>>36795505
>I read a lot of philosophy, mystical shit, political science, etc.

shit like this makes me even more conscious and uncomfortable
>>
>>36795536
Yeah, but it helps get me to "reality" sometimes
>>
>>36793834
Depends on your mental make up.
But then people would still consider you insane if you were able to stay sane living like that, since they themselves couldn't imagine living that way.
Which is funny when you consider the insanity they accept every passing day.
>>
>>36793834
Well it is not mentally healthy thats damn sure, unless you've already learned to cope with it don't try to make that as your lifestyle, it is a stressing lifestyle, just go talk to anyone you know, humans are social creatures, the lack of it causes humans to flip out
>>
File: dasit.png (35KB, 381x187px) Image search: [Google]
dasit.png
35KB, 381x187px
>>36795536
Eventually you learn enough to know being miserable is only a meme.
>>
>>36793834

Not having sex can lead to an unstable and depressed mind.

Getting stupid is a symptom of masturbating too much.
>>
Well this thread is officially fucking depressing, im going to bail out, came here to chill, not chilling in this atmosphere, peace out :^)
>>
>>36795666
I think some people can do it.
I've pretty much lived in my own head since childhood, so taking it a bit further and not socializing at all for long periods of time doesn't tend to hurt me much. It helps that I like to learn and have creative hobbies besides just videogames or books.
>>
>>36793834
The worst thing it brought me was getting into berserking rituals. Luckily that has kept the brain fog off of me. It's not insanity if you are aware of it, and in my case retaining my mental fortitude even while being possessed by a will to smash, kill, wildly move, etc. is pretty good mental exercise. If you want to avoid the insanity from the NEET lifestyle you have to "remain awake" instead of continuing your apathy, part of me realized this and it's why I chose to embrace my rage a bit more closely than normal folk do. My situation bordered on schizophrenia but because I made my delusions based on killing intent and rage I didn't fall into the malaise. I ended up separating me from my anger from a time, talked to it for a while to track down the source of it. After understanding my negative emotions, I could handle it. I'm unironically better than I was before I had the delusions because it made me question myself.

What really separates the insane from the crazy though is how willing they are to talk about it with other people, especially psychologists and therapists. You'd have to be insane to tell another person to their face any of what I said (but if you aren't talking to people in general this shouldn't be a problem). Don't tell a soul and you can be as crazy as you want. 4chan is different though, that's internet and I will never meet any of you fags nor tell you any of this to your face.
>>
>>36793834
Semi-recovered NEET here, was socially isolated for about a year when I went away for college. The last semester I didn't leave my room for three months, failed all my classes.

I habitually used psychedelics, too. Every week. Honestly shocked I haven't developed any further psychosis. Still depressed, anxious, and suicidal as I ever was.

I will say, I am marginally better at talking to strangers now than I was right after I left that apartment.

Psychedelics made things seem more beautiful and bright for months after I stopped using them. Miss it, just for those experiences.
>>
Depends on your intentions.

Great thinkers and monis go in isolation from civilisation in order to be able to rid themselves of external distractions which hinders their pursuit of truth.

Most NEET are NEET because tgey are either lazy, vain, selfish or depressed. Living in isolation while fostering negative emotions does, indeed, eventually lead to insanity and the fact that these people isolate themselves from society and communicating with other human beings, they foster intellectual stagnation and become dumber by the year.

So either use your NEET free time to get shit done and stimulate your spirit and mind or stay a lazy fuck and slowly die of disease.
>>
File: 1475996093150.png (132KB, 349x479px) Image search: [Google]
1475996093150.png
132KB, 349x479px
>>36795782
Yep, for me the cure was reconnecting with childhood friends, nostalgia is the best medicine sometimes
>>
>>36795876
Pretty harsh words but the conclusion is clear, if you're going to be a hermit at least be a hermit with good habits, fucking build a miniature wooden boat or get some kind of hobby to keep you occupied and give you energy, coffee isn't the only stimulant
>>
>>36795876
Yeah this honestly, I make the mundane things fun by trying to optimize it to save time/money/etc. so it's more like speedrunning in real life.
>>
File: 1489368582867.jpg (10KB, 234x250px) Image search: [Google]
1489368582867.jpg
10KB, 234x250px
>>36793834
Yes, it can lead to T.I.T.S. and further joblessness. You may at risk for Trolling Induced Transsexuality Syndrome, and from reading /r9k/ the lot of you are already starting to suffer early symptoms.
>>
File: 1468451985645.jpg (88KB, 547x720px) Image search: [Google]
1468451985645.jpg
88KB, 547x720px
>>36796226
Projection or baiting?
>>
>>36793834
Both familiamm
>>
>>36794437
the othert one senpai
>>
>>36793885
thiiiss... I can't remember a damn thing which only makes the sperging worse
>>
I have been living the neet lifestyle a long time now and I am proper fockin bonkers m8, no shit.

it'll happen to you too.
>>
>>36793834
if you're ok with having absolutely no social value in the real world and looked down on as scum by normies then it's for you
>>
>>36798302
and this is how society views mostly everyone who isn't top tier anyway
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.