[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

18 and unemployed. Going to start applying for shitty entry level

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: ss+(2017-01-25+at+11.14.15).jpg (83KB, 417x600px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-01-25+at+11.14.15).jpg
83KB, 417x600px
18 and unemployed. Going to start applying for shitty entry level jobs. which of these seem like they'd be the least bad to work at?

Green Acres plant nursery (seasonal position)

Save Mart Supermarket ( I live about 3 minutes away so I'll see people I know all the time.)

Toys R Us (seasonal position)

Bus tables at a cheap restaurant

Payless shoe store

Dollar Tree ( new store so many positions will be open)

CVS
>>
nursery sounds comfy as fuck
only the plants can judge you
>>
Don't do anything seasonal and don't do Payless (I heard they're closing soon). In terms of status from best to worst:
>CVS
>Save Mart
>Busboy
>Dollar Tree
What you do for the most part doesn't matter, most future employers will only read the name of the place you've worked at.
>>
What's keeping you from joining the army?
>>
Get a security job anon
>>
>>36787452
No point applying for seasonal positions if you're just gonna have to find another job in a few months

Meeting old friends/teachers in the supermarket and having them realise you now stack dog food cans for a living sounds hellish

I say go for Dollar Tree
>>
>Green Acres plant nursery (seasonal position)
this sounds great desu

Doing tables is the worst, everything else is okely dokely
>>
CVS honestly isn't even that bad for cashiers. Almost any robot can do it if they can fake the hello and other interactions throughout the day, but it is really draining. In the down time you clean up, set up things, or put back things people didn't want. Gotta make those CVS card goals.

Never bussed tables, but i was a waiter for a short time. It's awful if you're a robot. It's constant faking it while running around making sure picky people get what they want or you get no pay.

I also worked in a shoe department of a store once as the stock/inventory person. Really easy, you can just listen to music all day and make sure everything is counted and displayed. Downside is when customers find you, or your manager wants you to do stuff outside your duties.

Honestly if you want some work where you will be left alone most of the time I would say be a stocker at a grocery store. Usually late hours into early morning, and you just autistically load stuff onto shelves. I guess maybe security too, but you will have to deal with the occasional person.
>>
File: !.jpg (104KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
!.jpg
104KB, 1024x768px
Thanks for the replies everyone, I appreciate it.

>>36787668
Never really thought about it before. I do have a shoulder injury (got tackled in 5th grade and now I can pop my shoulder out of the socket(?) at will. no pain) so I don't know if I'd qualify but it's definitely something I should consider.

>>36787687
i've heard these are comfy. Do you have any experience? How do I go about applying?

My long term goal is to get my A+ and Network+ certifications and go into IT, or maybe try for a paid electrician apprenticeship
>>
>>36787473
This, but you have to deal with lots of foreigners depending on where you live. Nothing against foreigners, but you may be not the kind of person who can deal with foreigners.
>>
Get a guard licence and become security guard.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.