[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here try megadosing on Vitamin A to get rid of their acne?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: s-l1600.jpg (140KB, 844x1500px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
140KB, 844x1500px
Anyone here try megadosing on Vitamin A to get rid of their acne? I heard Accutane is basically just really high-doses of vitamin A. I can't afford a dermatologist so that's not an option.

Also /acne/ general I guess.
>>
File: origano.jpg (48KB, 382x440px) Image search: [Google]
origano.jpg
48KB, 382x440px
>trying to get anons to poison themselves
I mean...
>>
>>36786841
It's a toxic chemical if you ingest too much. You will get sick.

That said, you aren't that far off about the similarity between that and Accutane: which is why a lot of people say Accutane is also toxic. There are A LOT more things in Accutane than Vitamin A though. It basically destroys your pours/shrinks them forever

Advice - eat a lot of carrots, like a bag a day of baby carrots a day. only drink water. You will see results.
>>
>>36786909
Wouldn't that be doing anon's on here a favor?

Regardless, you would have to take 25,000 IU/kg of body weight to overdose.

I'm talking about taking 100,000-200,000 iu Vitamin A every day. Much more than the average person consumes.
>>
>>36786841
No idea, but I have started taking 2000 IU of Vitamin D3 everyday in order to try and cure my psoriasis.

I'm sure a lot of Robots have Vitamin D deficiencies, considering we don't go out in the sun a lot. Might be good for our health to take the D.
>>
acne is such a cunt

honestly, if you have it chronically, there's a decent chance that nothing you do will fix it.

at least don't beat yourself up that you're causing your own acne. don't listen to normies going "UMMM WOW JUST WASH UR FACE AND PUT BEE CUM ON IT :S", they're just retards who don't know that some people have chronic acne, some people have shit genes. mine didn't go away for years and then it just did all at once.

be very careful with accutane, people commit suicide on accutane, it's fucking serious, it fucks you up
>>
>>36787030
Accutane is nothing more than vitamin a with a bond rotation at the 13 carbon position.

That being said, it has drastically different physiological properties.
>>
>>36786841
sunbeds and UV light (sunlight)

that helps clear up acne you fucking dumbass.

and a better diet i.e. veg. fucking moron.
>>
>>36787058
>but I have started taking 2000 IU of Vitamin D3 everyday in order to try and cure my psoriasis.

Same, read that advice on here about 4 months ago. Ordered that shit up and got to work, I've taken 2 to 3k IU a day since.

It does help it, enough to start treating it with topical ointments and it's gone from nightmare bleeding scales to barely visible.

Thanks r9k doctors.
>>
File: Viola_arvensis.jpg (57KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Viola_arvensis.jpg
57KB, 800x600px
Anon try to wash your face with Viola arvensis for some time. It helped me a lot.

http://www.stopacne.com/herbal-remedies/viola-acne-treatment.htm

You can buy it for cheap in every pharmacy.
>>
>>36789197
Perhaps unfortunately this. Whenever I have gone swimming outside during the summer, my skin stays real nice for a long time. You have to go outside for a while.
>>
>>36786841
There are a lot of supplements that help, though I'm not sure this plan of yours would be a good idea. N-Acetyl-Cysteine, Milk Thistle extract, selenium, zinc are all proven effective. Cod liver oil helps some people and is great for a lot of other health issues.

Also diet is big. Avoid sugar, processed food, high glycemic food, canola oil, corn oil, soybean ("vegetable") oil. A lot of people just go straight paleo diet and it works great for them.
>>
File: 1484208292174m.jpg (87KB, 808x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1484208292174m.jpg
87KB, 808x1024px
Vitamin A toxicity will make you look and feel like shit.

A healthy diet and getting Sun is really helpful. I can agree with swimming too, try baths with salt or chlorine.

Depends where you have the acne, but keeping your sleeping surface clean is massively important. Wear clean t shirts, wash your sheets every week or more if you go to bed filthy or sweat a lot.
Good luck
>>
take 20k iu a day at the most
>>
>>36789420
i dont have hemorrhoids on my face
>>
>>36789565
guess you are a lucky chad then
>>
>>36786841
>Anyone here try megadosing on Vitamin A to get rid of their acne? I heard Accutane is basically just really high-doses of vitamin A. I can't afford a dermatologist so that's not an option.
>Also /acne/ general I guess.
Good idea
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.