[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Maybe a fucked up question, but how do I get into D&D, or

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: ha.jpg (60KB, 817x427px) Image search: [Google]
ha.jpg
60KB, 817x427px
Maybe a fucked up question, but how do I get into D&D, or Pen and Paper shit?

I live in the NE of the England, so the brits here will understand that this shit is pretty unique, how do I go about getting into it whilst not being 100% nerd/twat/cunt/wanker/dickhead?

We have a Games Workshop where I live and I immediately think of fucking 50 year old losers, but I looked in the mirror the other day and I'm a 31 loser going grey so maybe I should join them?
>>
>>36780947
Try to make a group with friends you already have, it's 10,000x better than befriending the creeps at game stores. There's honestly nothing wrong with playing tabletop games unless you revolve your life around it.
>>
>>36780988
I'm closest games-wise with my brother and cousin, but how do I go about introducing them to it?
>>
STRANGER THINGS

Play with funsies cool hot people
>>
read the books, consider if you are creative or bad enough of dude to play it....
>>/tg/ obviously will be a better resource than r9k for this topic
>>
>>36781057
All I can think of is like "YO guys, I'm a fucking geek all of a sudden, enjoy"
>>
>>36780947
I wish I could try those games. No friends though.
>>
>>36781057
>"hey you guys wanna try D&D? Might be fun"
Most people are fairly open to the idea, you'd be surprised. Back in high school, my D&D group had nerds, jocks, and a Chad in it
>>
>>36781181
I don't understand it though, apparently there's a 'game master' as your commentator, that's where I would want to be apart from. I'd wanna be a player like my bro and and cousin.
>>
you'll have to join a group or find some GM who is willing to make a game for you, you probably will not have great success just pulling a random person in and making them learn the rules and create a campaign so you can roleplay
you may be able to, but I would doubt it
>>
>>36781132
>playing tabletop games makes you geek

I don't think so
>>
Just go on Roll20 and find other autists like yourself
>>
head to /tg/ and post a "looking for group" thread. You can find people in your time zone and play through skype/discord.
>>
>>36780988
>with your friends
anon....
do you know where you're posting?
>>
D&D become normie shit. Don't bother with it now. I wanted to play it all through elementary and middle school, then at some point the hipsters and trendy faggots were playing it.
>>
>>36781998
>I wanted to play it
>now I can play it because more people are playing it
>except now I don't want to play it because too many people are playing it
truly truly kys
>>
>>36782058
Why would I want to play with any of these cunts? It's almost like I'm on /r9k/ for some reason.
>>
>>36782058
>those people would play with robots
>those people would take it seriously
ishygddt
>>
>>36782164
>seriously
these are literally the worst sessions when every player is some turboautist who acts like a dick because he has to stay in character all the time or on the other end they are a huge metagamer who minmaxes his generic mage
>>
>>36780947
I'm in the same boat, also from NE. Guessing the Games Workshop you're talking about is Metrocentre? Thought about going in myself but I care too much about the opinion of strangers I will never speak to :/
>>
>>36780947
OP, you and i feel the exact same. lol
>>
>>36780947
Join a discord or something, play online on roll20. That's what I do.
>>
>>36783449
he said no fucking uglies
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.