[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I "find myself"? Thinking of going on a long

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Thatface20110725-22047-wlaopv.png (7KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
Thatface20110725-22047-wlaopv.png
7KB, 645x773px
How do I "find myself"?

Thinking of going on a long trip by myself to hopefully figure myself out.
>>
Changing your location won't help you bud

You carry around the same person wherever you go, at least in my experience
>>
>>36756699
It's not the change of locale that changes you, it's the experiences you have there. The point of travelling somewhere is to experience things you can't experience where you normally live.
>>
>>36756726
This is what I was thinking.

I've been researching a lot about Jungian Psychology and the concept of the hero's journey. I'm 24 and feel like I have never left the roost or given myself a chance to build new skills and abilities.

I think a journey is just what I need.
>>
Read "The Way of Men" "Becoming A Barbarian" and "Way of the Superior Man"

Spoiler: There is no self to find, what you have to do is shed all the ideas you have about what you think you are and decide who to become.
>>
>>36756699
False. You reinvent yourself. Done it before, in two weeks I'm moving and will tell people I do reiki and energy healing for a living even though now I'm a day scientist. Not shitting you.
>Wtf you're not inventing a new you right now,?
>>
>>36756668
travel and jump on the foreign carousel cock. that;s what most females do. i assume is would be the same for a dude and his boipussy.
>>
>>36756726
>The point of travelling somewhere is to experience things you can't experience where you normally live.

Depending on where you go there isn't much difference to be experienced, and even if there is you'll just be an outsider looking in. Like you could go and "experience" famine in Somalia, and you'll realize the world is equal parts shitty and beautiful while people just try to live their lives in it.

Then you leave and realize you have your own life to live too.
>>
File: into-the-wild-poster.jpg (92KB, 732x1080px) Image search: [Google]
into-the-wild-poster.jpg
92KB, 732x1080px
Do this, I've been thinking about it a lot lately, made a few threads about it.

"to measure yourself at least once, to find yourself at least once in the most ancient of human conditions, facing blind, deaf stone alone, with nothing to help you but your own hands and your own head..."
>>
>>36757021
It's all good until you learn that the guy fucking died because he didn't know how to take care of himself in the wild and only did what he did because of some vague, poetic idea.
>>
>>36757021
I'm gonna do it.

It's basically the same idea of all boy to man rituals in every culture. Go out in the woods and have a vision quest or some shit
>>
>>36757021
I like going into forests and stuff, but Chris McCandless or whatever his name is was a legitimate dumbass. He literally just wandered into the middle of an Alaskan forest IN FUCKING WINTER with zero education on how to actually survive in such a location. Either he was on some level suicidal or he was just stupid. Either way, if you're planning on doing this, don't be fodder for news stations, they have enough already. Or go ahead and do it, I don't care.
>>
>>36757178
good for you man enjoy it.

>>36757173
>>36757263
you don't have to take it to the levels that he did
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.