[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>pic related Is he an honorary robot? Cyborg? https://w

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 3

File: PAY-MAIN-Deryck-Whibley.jpg (98KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
PAY-MAIN-Deryck-Whibley.jpg
98KB, 1200x630px
>pic related

Is he an honorary robot? Cyborg?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbqsGxm7iLQ

>manlet
>life fell apart sometime around late 2000s
>literal Chad from Nickleback stole his gf
>became a fat alcoholic
>makes teenage anxiety music
>>
That actually kinda jammed in the 2nd half. Makes sense these dudes go off the deep end. Ba margera is looking fucked fat and old aswell
>>
>>36755031
Pop Punk is the genre for normies who like to pretend they aren't normies.

Its the "I'm not like the other girls" of musical genres.
>>
>>36755284
Does anyone under the age of 30 unironically listen to pop punk though?
>>
>>36755384
A lot of people my age (22-26) listen to it for nostalgia, but thats it. I don't know if that counts as "unironically" or not.
>>
>>36755213
I wish the entire new album was like that, but most of their albums after the whole Fat Lip early 2000s mainstream success are really good.

>>36755284
Or it's for people who are into punk rock but aren't political autists or 1980s cosplayers with clown hair.

>>36755384
...good point. I'm 32 and I'm assuming 90% of the whole Sum 41/Blink 182/Green Day fanbase is my age or much older.
>>
>>36755478
>tfw I still dress like a pop punk kid and I'm in my mid 30's
>socal skater/casual surfer style
>>
>>36755475
>22
>nostalgia

Weren't 22 year olds like about 6 years old when pop-punk was at its peak? I guess you can be nostalgic if they were a part of your early childhood, rather than your teens.
>>
pop punk is still cool. check out The Wonder Years, especially their albums from 2010-2013
>>
>>36755478
>Or it's for people who are into punk rock but aren't political autists or 1980s cosplayers with clown hair.

Except it sounds nothing like actual punk. Its pop music for normies who like LARP as outcasts.
>>
>>36755544
I know that feel bro. I still walk around in nu-metal/punk band shirts like "HEY, YOU KIDS ARE INTO BAD RELIGION AND MARILYN MANSON STILL RIGHT? GONNA CATCH YALL AT THE VAN WARPED TOUR AND OZZFEST?". I'd wear my punk studded jacket and camo pants too if I wanted to go full manchild.
>>
>>36755610
>actual punk

actual punk is pretty bad, musically speaking.

Name me who you think is "actual punk" and I can already tell you that they're also pop music for normies' parents at their company Christmas karaoke.
>>
>>36755617
I just wear mine because I don't know how to dress myself. I want to try dressing myself like my normie friends but I feel like if I were to do it then it would be very tryhard.
>>
File: Tragic-Kingdom-cover.jpg (174KB, 953x953px) Image search: [Google]
Tragic-Kingdom-cover.jpg
174KB, 953x953px
>>36755478
>>36755544
>>36755617
33 here, I don't know how you guys can still do it. I grew up in San Diego and loved pop punk back in the 90s but it aged so badly, I listened to Dude Ranch a few days ago for kicks and it sounded like ass (not to mention how whiny and beta pop-punk music lyrics are). Into the trashbin of time it goes.

...I do still wear checkered shirts and vans though.
>>
>>36755610
all music is pop music in capitalism, otherwise it doesn't get made anymore since no one will buy it

musicians don't play to be a big popular garage band, they got bills to pay. it's an act, in exchange for money.

no wonder you don't like punk if you're such a huge tool about it
>>
>>36755646
Okay, so its music for normies to LARP too who can't even handle the real thing.

Its the fruit flavoured vodka coolers the kids drink at parties who can't even stand the taste of normal booze but want to be cool too.
>>
>>36755742
I still like Dude Ranch and Cheschire Cat. Anything after that not so much.
>>
>>36755646
>t. Its not a phase mom, you don't get it because Blink 182 is for outcasts like me
>>
>>36755031
That video looked too SoCal for me.
>>
>>36755213
Bam Margera seems like the type of guy who would set your house on fire as "prank" and when the cops come to arrest him he starts sobbing about how life isn't fair
>>
>>36755809
>t. I know nothing about music but I'm going to talk down to someone as if I do because I'm euphoric

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pop_music
>>
>>36755861
So pretty much any well off white suburbanite.
>>
>>36755742
I have a much much much higher tolerance for pop-punk than I do for nu-metal which was the other big meme of the mid-late 90s. I grew up on both, and when I relisten to old CDs I'm just like "oh yeah I remember grade 11, I remember that summer I started drinking and did shrooms that one time" and I know the the songs frontwards and backwards.

With nu-metal I'm just like "oh haha yeah I was bullied and I had severe depression and anxiety, not wonder I listened to this shit".

Same with those exact same bands today. I'd rather listen to the new Sum 41 album than the new Slipknot or Korn album. Nu-metal ages like milk it seems.

Although the latest Rob Zombie was really good. Probably because the guy doesn't take himself seriously.
>>
He literally became a casualty of society
>>
>>36755819
>the real thing

There is no "real" punk.

The Sex Pistols and The Ramones and The Clash are as much of a pop boy band as Sum 41 and Green Day.
>>
>>36755926
>I DON'T WANT TO WASTE MY TIME
>>
>>36755861
Hes fucked in the head but atleast gave up. He isnt hounding underage girls. He isnt setting houses on fire. These dudes realize they are past their prime and old. Atleast pajeet slayed that guitar, i wonder what hes up too
>>
>>36756052

The Indian guitarist became a petroleum engineer IIRC, hell I think the rest of the band came out better than him
>>
File: 1480233686121.jpg (226KB, 443x664px) Image search: [Google]
1480233686121.jpg
226KB, 443x664px
>>36755926
We all did.

We all did.
>>
>>36755031
Which one in this pis pic is him. They both could be
>>
>>36756088
That sounds dope as hell for pajeet. What did the others do? Especially curious about skelly almost goth dude?
>>
>>36756052
>pajeet

kek

he was one of the original band members but he was one of the first ones to quit, but then came back like 10 years later for this album.

He had his own band called Brown brigade.
>>
>>36756112
It's the same dude, during and then after alcoholism.
>>
>>36756215
Got dayum. At least im quitting the booze now. He should be used in psaS
>>
>>36756215
That was also more than a decade of drinking like it's a party.
>>
>>36756250
Yeah he got real fat and real old real quick, but at least now he looks healthy.

He was like a teen heart-throb in the early 2000s as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoC3PUBmhFs
>>
>>36755646
>music for normies' parents at their company Christmas karaoke.

A Black Flag Christmas Party sounds fun desu.
>>
>>36755868
Yeah talk about the fadora tipping euphoric shit. >Enlightened about my semantics.
Most people don't give a shit about distinctions like that it's all just marketing hype. Most musicians don't even care about that type of label stuff. Most people just like music because it sounds good or they like the culture around it.
I don't even know why I'm bothering to explain this to you, you seem a little too small minded and immature.
>>
>>36756199
>Brown brigade.
kek
>>
>>36756362
>Heh nothing personal kid
>I didn't understand that pop music constitutes its own genre with distinctive sonic elements and now I'm desperately attempting to divert the discussion to cover my own hubris.
>>
>>36756215
he needs a fucking nose job
>>
>>36756350
Black Flag is more Hardcore/Post-Hardcore than vanilla "real" punk.
>>
>>36756310
Pretty sad. Not brendon fraser sd but still. Any other early 2000s celebs go off the deep end? Steve o, bam, brendan, sum41 dude.. Who else?
>>
>>36755284
pop punk is dead
and hip hop is the wave of the future
>>
>>36756538

Ryan Dunn literally went off the deep end
>>
>>36756538
Well Marilyn Manson's albums got progressively worse and worse after 2000 and he faded deeper and deeper into obscurity. Apparently his 2015 album was quite good but he was on top of the world 15 years ago.

Oh, Tom Green. Dude had one of the highest-rated MTV shows and had a dumb joke song that was the most-requested music video on MTV that year and then a major movie studio threw money at hime and told him to make a movie that became Freddy Got Fingered.

Then his wife disvorced him, he got testicular cancer, his MTV show plummeted in ratings and got cancelled, for a while he was just broadcasting from his basement while 4chan trolled him, then he tried getting back on cable TV but had his dhow cancelled again and now he's back in his basement studio.

The saddest thing is that he's no longer a screaming guy who does crazy things, he tries to be like a David Letterman type interviewer but his attention span and personality are all wrong for that.
>>
>>36756710
tom green can hump a dead moose
>>
>>36756710
I genuinely think Freddy Got Fingered is a funny movie.

But yeah say what you want about Green even when his life was in shambles he took it in stride
>>
>>36756858
I used to watch his online show and he was actually kind of an asshole a lot of the time, not in a funny way either.

But yes, Freddy Got Fingered is gold. I still have a VHS video of it and I'm keeping it even though I don't have a VCR anymore.
>>
>>36756362
you seem like a complete faggot and an idiot to boot m8, you are the one who is listening to 2000s pop punk you cant talk down to anyone you tasteless reptile.
>>
>>36755031
No, fuck him. He tasted the good life; probably got a lot of underage teen groupie pussy.
>>
>>36756409
If you say so nerd. Quit same fagging.
>>
>>36757614
stay cucked loser fag
>>
>>36756779
He did the same floppy foot plant skateboard trick all the time.
>>
>>36755031
>famous with hit songs
>ever knowing the misery of a robot

NO
>>
>>36755384
I unironically like Sum 41 a lot, but it's the only punk rock band that I listen to. I feel like it's the only punk rock band that is not like "highschool sucks" or "I want a girlfriend but people doesn't like me".
>>
>>36759272
>I feel like it's the only punk rock band that is not like "highschool sucks" or "I want a girlfriend but people doesn't like me".

Most punk rock bands aren't about that at all. They're anti-authoritarian to some various degree (whether or not they're genuine is another story), some write songs about anarchism, some write songs about how much they love doing drugs, others write songs about how much they love NOT doing drugs, etc.

pop-punk is the subgenre that is always about high school girlfriends and shit.
>>
I thought it was pretty good. The Hell Song still reigns as king though.
>>
I hated pop punk growing up. I thought Sum 41 was alright. Couldn't stand Blink 182 or the worst of them all Good Charlotte.

I grew up listening to lots of rock music but in that era I switched to hip-hop. I was like a total convert. It's hard to find stuff from either genre I like nowadays though.
>>
>>36760659
I'm different but similar

my music taste over the years as far as I can remember:

>alternative radio rock
>90s gangster rap
>pop-punk
>nu-metal
>"real" punk
>black metal
>hardcore
>grindcore

At this point I went to south America without my ipod and decided to just listened to what they listened to down there

>reggaeton
>salsa, merengue, bachata, cumbia, etc
>world ethnic/primitive music
>dubstep/edm
>eventually get into anime soundtracks
>j-pop
>japanese jazz, then western jazz
>classical

and now I'm all of the above. A little bit of everything. I couldn't go back to listening to just two music genres at a time, I'd go crazy.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.