[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did you want to be when you were a kid and why didn't

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 10

File: 7Bgs6uW.png (200KB, 407x652px) Image search: [Google]
7Bgs6uW.png
200KB, 407x652px
What did you want to be when you were a kid and why didn't you pursuit it?
>>
As kid, I always answered either assassin, or garbage-man (only work on tuesdays).

I'm a lawyer now.
>>
>>36753049
>What did you want to be when you were a kid
Soldier
>why didn't you pursuit it?
Severe mental issues
No military wants me
>>
>>36753049
when I was 7 I wanted to be a paleontologist. now I'm 22 and 20 lbs overweight
>>
File: 1468598756539.jpg (77KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1468598756539.jpg
77KB, 1280x720px
>>36753101
Well you're not an assassin but at least your dream of destroying lives came true!
>>
>>36753167
kek
I wanted to be an artist, talk show host, and archaeologist.
>>
>>36753049
Writer. My mom interrupted my creative flow one evening, I had an autistic meltdown and never wrote again.
>>
>>36753049
A dojo destroying street fighter. I gave it up once I realized I was a dyel faggot and Chad would always be stronger than me.
>>
Artist. I still like to drawfag a bit on /vg/, but the drive I had is gone.
I'm now a boring little bookkeeper.
>>
>>36753049
I wanted to be a cop
I was too lazy to study that far (in my country it would have been 15yrs+ total in school
Went to study a field i wasn't interested that my father studied, dropped out and been downhill since then
>>
When I was little kid I wanted to be a hero, when pressed I said maybe a policemen, I didn't pursue it because its impractical, that and constant abuse in my life from others.
>>
>>36753108
go to liberia or something, that's where the real fighting is at anyway
>>
File: 1455692608896.jpg (250KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1455692608896.jpg
250KB, 600x600px
>>36753049
soldier
clown
jet pilot
evil scientist
pirate
astronaut
hitman
adventurer/explorer

aspergers, ADD, bullying and growing up with an abusive and alcoholic mom
also, reality
>>
Rock star.

I quit guitar when I was 18. Became a NEET and now I'm on disability for life. Being a NEET is comfy but boring at times. Thinking of picking guitar up again but I'm too old to start a band now. (27)
>>
if you're an astronaut going to the mars you really are a total fuckin loser. you throw your life away to go a orange rock with no atmosphere where the environment wants to kill you. you'll never see the people around you again just to prove to the world that the human can go to mars. but so what, you're in a sterile room where you piss in bottles and eat disgusting artificial tube "food", the internet is shit and you live a miserable life where the only thing to look forward to is a miserable fucking death. you trained and learned your whole life so people who don't care about can feel proud as a species.
>>
>>36753321
>disability for life
what for?
>>
>>36753309
What a great idea Anon
Might as well shoot myself right now
>>
>>36753350
Schizophrenia. I get neetbux until I'm 65.
>>
>>36753321
Stop. One fireman who died in my area was about to tour with his heavy metal band and he was in his 40s. What a sad story, Bless his soul.

>>36753049
I wanted to be an anarchist/rock star too when i grew up. Now im on my way to work for government bureaucracy.
>>
>>36753049
I wanted to be the Joker
>>
File: do it.gif (711KB, 200x331px) Image search: [Google]
do it.gif
711KB, 200x331px
I actually wanted to be an astronaut, eve got a degree in electrical engineering from good school. But I'm too fucking tall to be an astronaut.
Ironic with all the manlets complaining about not getting used up stacy pussy because they're 5'9.
>>
>>36753497
cool
I have aspergers and since there is no "cure" I get neetbux for life aswell
>>
>as a kid
Artist (painter)
>why didn't I pursue it
Shit at painting/lost interest.
>>
>>36753497
>until I'm 65.
And then what ? An hero ?
>>
>want to become electrician as a kid
>become electrical technician instead
kill me pls
>>
>>36753049
A pilot

my vision was shitty and laser eye technology wasn't where it is now so I just dropped the idea
>>
>>36753554
That's when old age pension begins. I've been told most people with my illness don't live that long anyway though.
>>
>>36753579
I got into the army by cheatig the vision test and somehow they overlooked my mental problems.
I have horrible sight on my left eye so I made the doctor turn around for 2 seconds, tok the patch of my eye and memoried what I saw and put it back on.
The army sucked though so they let me go home after I complained enough
>>
>>36753532
What country. I've autism as well. Any tips?
>>
I wanted to be an architect, even went to college for it too. But about halfway through my second year I lost vision in my right eye. Made it too hard to continue, ended dropping out. Now I'm just a retail slave.
>>
I never had any goals. I wanted to have enough time to have fun in my free time.
Im a cook at a hotel, mostly 5am to 2pm. I can hit the gym, spend time with my friends and have a roof over my head. Might join the army next month researching a branch where i wont get bitched too much in
>>
>>36753645
ask your doctor, tell him you have problems with work
>>
I wanted to be a talk show host aswell, i achieved that dream but regret everything and wish i was anonymous and impossible to track down now. Honestly want to kill people and myself. It would be juicey since i have to deal with famous actresses. Idgaf, track me down. Its all over soon anyways
>>
>>36753049
Illusionist/magician
chef
artist (sculptor)

I'm trying my hand at art, I think I might make it. Otherwise, I'll wagecuck and kms
>>
>>36753049
>What did you want to be when you were a kid?
Marine Biologist
>Why didn't you pursue it?
Too stupid.
>>
>What did you want to be when you were a kid?
History Teacher
>Why didn't you pursue it?
How do I get into college?
>>
I wanted to be a fantasy writer. All I did was read books and create fictional worlds and characters in my head.
>and why didn't you pursuit it?
I guess because it's hard to get noticed in that industry. If I ever wrote anything, it wouldn't get published, and if it did, nobody would buy it. Did compsci at uni with the goal of making indie vidya as a vehicle for my stories, then that industry exploded and it's impossible to get noticed. Now I'm a useless NEET and spend all day shitposting.
>>
>>36753132
Fun. I too wanted to be a paleontologist. Now I'm 20 and 140 lbs overweight
>>
>>36753049
I wanted to be an explorer/archaeologist, basically just Indiana Jones because I saw raiders of the lost arc when I was 6 and it both traumatized and inspired me.
Then I grew up and realized GPS is a thing and real archeologists just dig for boring pottery shards
>>
>>36753049
Cashier.
Since they were just sitting there collecting a shitton of cash.

I realized im stupid as fuck.
>>

Actor, or famous artist of some sort

> why didn't you pursuit it?

Was never popular growing up, too autistic to get famous, don't play any instruments or have any art skills. Bumming in college now, it sucks

Life is pain, like Buddha says.
>>
I grew up in a ruraI area and spent a lot of my time as a child exploring my surroundings with the intention of finding a fairy or a hobgoblin or leprechaun or something
When I finally gave up and realized which world I was living in I mostly lost interest in life
>>
File: 145787562.jpg (330KB, 1000x637px) Image search: [Google]
145787562.jpg
330KB, 1000x637px
>>36753893
>GPS is a thing and real archeologists just dig for boring pottery shards
fuck this
I wanted to explore old temples, find ruins, solve ancient puzzles and find secret civilizations
>>
File: 1435855557961.jpg (34KB, 299x364px) Image search: [Google]
1435855557961.jpg
34KB, 299x364px
>>36753049
I wanted to be a soldier.
That dream died today.
>>
>>36753725
Who are you? What city? State? Big market or small town?
>>
>>36755040
I always wanted to be an artillery crewman and make people several miles away die. WHY MUST YOU REJECT ME AMERICA
>>
>>36753049
I first wanted to be a scientist, then wanted to be a musician as a teen because I got into music. I dropped my guitar when I got to 18, because teachers/parents kept telling me that I wouldn't have a future as a musician. Plus, there was the fact that the social side of music was probably too much for me (how the fuck are you supposed to get a band together, it would probably be easier for me to just learn how to play all of the instruments by myself).

Scientist ended up more since I'm trying to pursue a career in academics, but in Philosophy instead of sciences, I like it a lot but it's never really going to make me any money and will be incredibly hard to even hold a job, because this sort of thing is not valued in my country at all. I recently started trying to pick my guitar back up, I still have an intermediate level of skill but still have to relearn all of the scales, get my finger strength and such back, it's pretty frustrating. Who knows, maybe I will get to record an shitty album that nobody will listen to someday.
>>
>>36755176
I wanted to be a Firefighter, Engineer, or Infantry. I live in Canada, and I have a poor history with mental health. I was cleared by a psychiatrist, and I can legally own guns both non-restricted and restricted, but I'm unfit for this reason, apparently.
>>
>>36753049
When i was about 3, i wanted to be a dog

glad i missed that bullet
>>
>>36753049

Policeman but doing forestry now and want to be a ranger

realistic ambitions tbqh
>>
>>36753049

I always answered counter terrorist officer (just wanted to shoot shitskins without being forced to live in a desert)

Currently studying accounting
>>
>>36753049
I've always wanted to be a ninja or a samurai.
Now I'm a programmer for a AAA game company.
>>
File: 1441745544604.jpg (13KB, 500x259px) Image search: [Google]
1441745544604.jpg
13KB, 500x259px
>>36753049
A veterinarian. Didn't pursue because no ambition.
>>
>>36753049
A cop but that was shot down early due to low pay, now I have no dreams I'll just work for money now I guess.
>>
artist. persuing it rn but desu i think i should just do something more profitable like being a broker or working for a bank
>>
>Wanted to be a zoologist
Ended up a drop out trying to support my family at 16
>>
I never really wanted to be anything, I had pretty much no ambition ever since I was a kid and figured I was too dumb to do a proper job. Though I always sort of liked the idea of working with shelter dogs which is what I'm doing at the moment. Pay is shit though.
>>
who /neverdream/ here?

Zero ambition or hope throughout my childhood. I never wanted to be anything- nothing inflamed my passion. Even as I aged I felt no joy in school, work or my distractions
>>
>>36755293
Wanted to do that too but the thought of hurting animals (even to help them) or seeing a dog suffer on an operating table made me sick
>>
>>36753049
>want to be game designer as kid
>go into IT when the time actually comes to choose what i want to do because game designer is impractical
>ended up liking my programming-related classes
>take more of them
>became programmer
>try to start career in web dev
>get an (unpaid) internship at an indie game studio as web dev
>one of the game designers dies
>"hey anon, i know you are here for web dev but you are familiar with the game's language and you seem creative enough to do design"
>"we will pay you for this"
>fuck it, money
>i end up being good at it
>fill lead developer position when the original one left
>accidentally made my childhood dreams come true
>still depressed
>>
I wanted to be an astrophysicist.

I am graduating with a physics degree, but I found out I actually hate doing research. I think I just watched too much Star Trek in high school and I wanted it to be like that. You guys remember Dr. Grants story about astronomers and astronauts from Jurassic park 3? I think this is that kind of situation.

Now I'm considering becoming a sci fi author and using my knowledge of hard science to create very believable futuristic settings. Or trying to go to grad school for marine biology and getting my scuba license.

The oceans are the closest to a different world I'm ever gonna get to anyway
>>
>>36755417
>who /neverdream/ here?
I don't dream anymore.
>>
File: 46sNB.png (107KB, 658x901px) Image search: [Google]
46sNB.png
107KB, 658x901px
>>36753049
I can never be a real dinosaur
>>
>>36753101
Garbage men work more than 1 day a week though. They have to rotate the areas they serve in order to pick up everyone's garbage.
>>
>>36755163
Big market . L.a. My face get plasted on your tv screens nighly. Making a video to tell the truth. Im not live television and whart i say doesnt go anywhrere. Youtube is will be the only place to go. Wait for my videos please, thanks mr real human being
>>
>>36755873
Colbert? you fucked up with the cock hostler thing desu
>>
>>36753049
Microbiologist.

Became more interested in other, more important topics (math). Still like microbiology, though. I ought to purchase a microscope someday.
>>
File: spidey.jpg (13KB, 469x359px) Image search: [Google]
spidey.jpg
13KB, 469x359px
Superhero. It's impossible without some sort of mutation or shitloads of cash. Unless I went the kick-ass route but then I'd just be some idiot in tights beating up petty criminals and would probably get arrested in the process
>>
>>36753049
What did you want to be when you were a kid and why didn't you pursuit it?
I wanted to be a doctor because my parents told me to
I didn't do it because I got to pre-med, and even though I had ok grades, I fucking hates how cutthroat everyone was
I'm a business programmer now and have almost the same amount of posturing because companies want women and guys have to become more and more competitive to fight over the few remaining spots for white guys
>>
>>36753049
I wanted to be a forensic scientist until I realize how boring it is
Then I wanted to start a band but it never got rolling
I'm a manager for a pool now
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.