[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>apply to stay at home entry level data entry job listing

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 10

File: image.jpg (137KB, 640x1049px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
137KB, 640x1049px
>apply to stay at home entry level data entry job listing on craigslist
>don't get it
Is there another place besides craigslist and indeed to find stay at home data entry jobs?
>>
File: 1471892867539.png (720KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1471892867539.png
720KB, 900x900px
>>36747744
>Tfw doing an accounting degree right now.
Oh well i can still get into other financial sectors (hopefully).
>>
>>36747744
Why haven't you gone on NEETbux, OP.
>>
>>36747804
I hope Trump or somebody clamps down on innovation. I doubt they'd succeed if they ever even tried, but it would be great. I don't want machines to overtake humanity.
>>36748318
Libertarian.
>>
No it won't. Accounting is one of those jobs that requires humans to do major chunks of it so there's someone to blame if something goes wrong.
>>
File: Girls.png (490KB, 449x401px) Image search: [Google]
Girls.png
490KB, 449x401px
>>36747744
>there are accounting majors who make fun of me for being a poli sci major
Can't wait to show them this.
>>
>>36748386
>blame the programmers
checkmate accountants
>>
>>36747744
None of us know how to get jobs.
>>
>>36748386
AI will catch up to humanity in the next few decades. At the very least, it will reach the level of accounting. Don't kid yourself.
>>
Ever since women entered the workforce, getting jobs has become less about ability and more about networking. Obviously certain fields are immune from this, but a lot of the low-level ones that a monkey can do are not. If women hadn't entered the workforce there would be a plethora of data entry listings on craiglist. But most of them are now given out through networking, and a (relative) few reach job listing sites.
Can you network, OP? I'd take it that you can't, given that you frequent this site.
>>
>>36748903
This. Even with automation, there should, at the moment at least, still be a shit ton more job listings. But like always, women ruin everything for us robots.
>>
>>36747804

There's a lot of really archaic offices here in the Midwest that resist all change. Might be a good thing to consider if you just want a steady 9-5 until retirement.
>>
>data entry
Get a fast food job m80. Those are pretty comfy.
>>
>>36749369
>fast food
Would definitely NOT recommend this. Even if they don't put you up front, it's still hell on earth. At least with data entry jobs, you're already used to staring at a computer all day. Making burger after burger, unloading stock, washing dishes, cleaning the bathrooms - it's suicide tier. Don't do it.
>>
File: image.jpg (137KB, 960x702px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
137KB, 960x702px
>>36748401
>poli sci major
At least accounting served and for now will continue to serve some function in society.
>>
>>36747744
>there are people who fall for the robot accountant meme
I don't blame most of them as they don't really know what an accountant does, but when accounting majors fall for it it's pretty stupid.
>>
>>36749466
Making burger after burger is still more satisfying than entering numbers into a bright screen all day. Plus, as you unintentionally made the case for, there are other tasks that break up the monotony of it all. The same can't be said for accounting.
>>
File: image.jpg (100KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
100KB, 1136x640px
>>36748903
>t. frustrated /pol/ virgin
>>
>>36750230
Sorry Tumblrina, not everything you don't like is /pol/. /pol/ is actually heavily anti-MGTOW. Misogyny has always been a part of /r9k/. But nice try.
>>
>>36747804
There's other jobs you can get with an accounting degree anon. You're not restricted to being an accountant
>>
>>36747804
for all finance/business related stuff, who you know is more important than what you know. Which is true for all fields, but more true for some than others.

Obviously lawyers and accountants still need to know their shit. But compared to say, brain surgeons or rocket scientists, hiring and jobs are more connections and networking based
>>
>>36748363
>clamps down

That's not a saying, why do so many retards say this? Nobody normal says "clamps down" unless you are literally talking about two objects pushing together on another object.
>>
>>36751194
http://www.dictionary.com/browse/clamp?s=t
Verb phrases
7. clamp down, to become more strict:
There were too many tax loopholes, so the government clamped down.
8. clamp down on, to impose or increase controls on.

maybe the retard is you, anon?
>>
>>36747744
Nice double dubs, OP. Nice double dubs.
>>
>>36748363
>automation is bad reeeeeeeee
>>
>>36748401
Fuck off ian
>>
>>36752219
When it reaches the point that AI progresses to the point that machines will overtake humans, then yes, I consider it bad.
>>
I've been hearing the "robots will take our jobs" meme since the early 2000s. Sure some sectors are gonna be automated but not 100%. In short, nothing will happen.
>>
>>36753035
I agree to an extent. Everday there's an article about how they've found a miracle cure for HIV or made some major advancements in cancer cures. In a week I never hear about it again. Same applies to other retarded things like WW3, malevolent AI and nuclear wars.
>>
>>36747744
Yeah and we'll be living on the moon by the year 2000.
>>
>>36747744
>Wired
>Same guys who wrote this
https://www.wired.com/2017/05/we-need-black-superheros/
Into the trash it goes.
>>
>>36749466
I don't know anon, at least you would have some variety in that job. Data Entry might be stress free but holy fuck it gets monotonous.
>>
>>36748363
>libertarian
>stricter government regulation
Make up your mind
>>
>>36753939
The reason I have never gone on NEETbux up to this point is because I'm alibertarian, but I am ready to switch away from that a little bit because liberty isn't worth being taken over by machines. Still not gonna go on NEETbux though. Migjt as well be as libertarian as possible.
>>
>>36752722
lul "what if phone, but too much"
>>
>>36752722
Don't worry about it. It's most likely the case that P!=NP, so there will always be jobs that computers just can't do.

If P=NP on the other hand, I suppose humans won't have much left to do for themselves. Not sure
if that's good or bad.
>>
>>36747744
Got nothing for you OP. Looking for a job myself. As others have said though, it comes down to networking these days. So good luck.
>>36753246
It really is a terrible publication.
>>
>>36750356
Like what? What are the other jobs?
>>
>>36747804
When I got my taxes done at H&R block all of the accountants there were using a program (Winston I think) which was an AI made to learn how to do accounting.

They were literally training an AI to take their jobs.
>>
>>36748386

The majority of accountants can be replaced by turbotax. Yes, for the next few years - perhaps decades - the government and businesses will be using people until AI catches up - but the average accountant will soon be replaced.
>>
>>36748386
>accounting is safe from automation
How naive are you? That'll probably be the first profession fully automated. Do you really think a program won't be able to read data, run it against tax codes, then spit out a result?
>>
>>36755814
>>36755761
>>36755915
The people at H&R block are not accountants. Tanisha the AR clerk is not an accountant.

Accounting is an oversaturated profession with low wages relative to the hours and education requirements but it is not in danger of being automated.
>>
What is a 'data entry' job? Is it as explicitly straightforward as the name suggests?
>>
data entry would make me want to kill myself.
>>
File: accountant.jpg (9KB, 266x189px) Image search: [Google]
accountant.jpg
9KB, 266x189px
>>36756023
>it is not in danger of being automated

t. increasingly nervous man
>>
>>36747744
>people actually have other people do their taxes
why?
I had like 3-4 additional forms to fill out along with a long-form 1040, and I managed to do it just fine. I even got my entire refund, without having to split it with some accountant.
>>
>>36755686

Management consultant
Business analyst
Financial controller
Financial director
Banker
Portfolio manager
Risk
M&A

Many more.
Accountants can pretty much work anywhere in the business sector.
>>
>>36747804
same here, thank god my country is second world
>>
>>36755686
literally any job in the business and financial sector. I'm pretty sure if you had enough connections you could probably get a job as a stock trader if you were a CPA
>>
>>36756630
yeah, neets will be automated in the near future too, might as well surrender your organic tissues now
>>
File: 1489898954621.gif (2MB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
1489898954621.gif
2MB, 300x225px
>>36755686
>business management majors
>>
>>36756839
If the machines came for me tomorrow I wouldn't even put up a fight.
Relatively speaking, it's over. We can't stop people who wish to sign their own extinction by continuing to develop AI. I honestly doubt humanity will exist 4 centuries from now.
>>
>>36757167
It'll be for the best.

They will be our legacy. You don't think a civilization comprised of self-conflicted meat bag members to stay and to see the end of the stars, do you?
>>
>>36757254

In 50 years having a job will be seen the same way millionaires are seen now.
>>
>>36747744
So much of accounting is based on judgement though. At least from the attestation and consulting side of things. Of course a monkey can do a 1040 or keep books. I'll be glad when all the associates degree holding bookkeepers and H&R Block losers get replaced by bots. Makes the job for the real accountats easier
>>
>>36757366
>judgement
again, AI is progressing rapidly. In 100 years, it's not unrealistic to think that machines will be very nuanced, with the average machine having an IQ off the charts.
>>
>>36757254
>>36757167
>>36757285

they will merge our consciousness with machines. humanity WILL live on in some form.
how did you all forget that? do you not watch alex jones?
>>
>>36750356
Name one you cock suck
>>
>>36757899
he named 8
>>36756731
>>
>>36757981
Fuck you faggot none of those are real.
>>
>>36758047
those are all real jobs, and all jobs that being a CPA qualifies you for. If you're an accountant, you can pretty much take any job in the financial sector if you know people. Don't be so embarrassed just because you got called out on your stupidity
>>
>>36756847
What are you implying?I'm not good at subtle things
>>
>>36758079
Whatever bio-cunt.
I hope you die to nigger rape.
>>
>>36758141
lol man, you're funny
it's like you're trying so hard to fit in that every post of yours is a word-salad of buzzwords lifted right out of women hate threads
>>
I'll say what other anons have said throughout this thread: If you want to get a low-skill job like this, you have to know somebody. The corporate world has become more feminized, and while men are results oriented and just want anyone who can do the job, women place more emphasis on "someone they can trust", which means someone they know vouched for the person and this person doesn't give them a creepy beta vibe. But then if their female friend vouched for them, that's not likely to be the case anyway, so you could forgo the screenings anyway. Now obviously, professions of real consequence are immunized from this (to a degree, not completely, and of course let's not forget diversity quotas either, but that's a different subject), the professions that a monkey can do, they let the women select however they want, since it doesn't really matter anyway.
So, to get a job, you gotta be really skilled, or have decent social connections and skills. Which means a lot of us are unlikely to get one. There are only so many that will be listed on craigslist, and a lot more of us.
>>
>>36759221
go back to /pol/ with your MGTOW bullshit
>>
File: image.jpg (41KB, 340x340px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41KB, 340x340px
>>36753939
>not being fascist-libertarian
stay pleb
>>
>>36748386
>so there's someone to blame

This is going to be much less of a problem than anyone thinks. Whatever the outcome of liability in these scenarios, the incredibly lowered costs and improved reliability of robots is going to make them impossible to pass up in any sector where they can be used instead of humans. If it means having to pay out a bit more on the off chance you get sued, fine, you're probably still in the green and frankly your robots are probably making fewer errors than your humans did.

I think this is mainly a rationalizing mechanism for the thoughts of the terrifying future where our system of economics, ingrained over thousands of years, no longer functions.
>>
>>36759221
I think you need to take a break from Sandman, bud
>>
>>36760964
>fascist-libertarian
I kek'd
>>
File: image.jpg (164KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
164KB, 640x1136px
>>36750230
I haven't thought about that song in years. Thanks for the feels trip.
>>
>>36747804
the image clearly states we're gonna be doing people's taxes though, your degree is useful
>>
File: 1493055186504.jpg (12KB, 380x405px) Image search: [Google]
1493055186504.jpg
12KB, 380x405px
>>36747804
>>36748720
>>36755915
do you retards even realize being an accountant involves dealing with clients and business partners + giving financial advice? A robot or AI program cannot do that. Many low end shit accountant positions will be automated, but high end CPAs are safe for much longer, and every accountant should get their CPA in order to make it a career.

You'd think the acc major would have known this lmao
>>
>>36747804
Personal Tax Preparation is scum at the bottom tier.

Auditing and Advisory are no where near to being close to automated.

I'm in IT Consulting and graduated with an accounting degree your fine.

As long as you didn't go to a fly over state school and have a 3.5+
>>
>>36747744
Accountant here. I really think no human should do what i do, coz despite being a soulcrushing job, it's so mechanicle and i think is just unefficent to use human labour on it. I get about 2000 euro a month to basically photograph documents, and take few decision, so simple that in fact i can cose a program to take them
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.