[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happened to these guys? Why don't we bring 'em

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 2010memes.jpg (18KB, 299x168px) Image search: [Google]
2010memes.jpg
18KB, 299x168px
What happened to these guys? Why don't we bring 'em back? Those times were golden
>>
you must be old
t. robot since sept 2016
>>
9gag happened....
>>
File: Buttfrustrated.jpg (218KB, 492x600px) Image search: [Google]
Buttfrustrated.jpg
218KB, 492x600px
yeah, no, OP. here's some golden shit we need to bring back.
>>
>>36744858
Fucking newfag, I've been here since May 2016
>>
>>36744858
I remember when they were actually considered funny and original.
t. robot since 2007
>>
>>36744879
This. And 9gag's userbase was utterly incapable of understanding the mems correctly. Which lead to plenty of them being used in completely inadequate situations. It became shameful to use them because of how they could be associated with 9gag's absolute failure.
>>
>>36744847
normies happened
they destroy every meme they touch
>>
No. This was cancerous from the start. Epic fail guy was never funny either. This crop of memes was the beginning of the end.
>>
Memes used to be mostly non sense in jokes. You can cry about normies all you fucking want but memes like this and Pepe which are designed to be adapted to anything. Any emotion and type of person, those are the memes that are easy for normies to co opt. Spamming do a barrel roll and desu desu desu wouldn't have taken off on twitter or Facebook . Nobody would have understood. The problem was never 9gag or normies. The problem was turning memes into fucking templates. You faggots ruined 4chan. This shit and the advice dog type macros.
>>
>>36744847
For the love of god,let it die and rot!
If we bring them back,it will only attract the fucking 9fags to start normiefagging and cancerfagging the entire fucking chan into the oblivion!
>inb4 4chan is already dead
Thats what normies are trying to make you think,famalam.
>>
File: 1493745929741.jpg (18KB, 396x388px) Image search: [Google]
1493745929741.jpg
18KB, 396x388px
>>36744974
They basically made Impact fonts have the same "impact" as Comic Sans. RIP Impact-based macros.
>>
>>36744847
They were the original cancer
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.