[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>watch hobbyist videos on youtube >all of them are males

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: 1490258906936.gif (458KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1490258906936.gif
458KB, 256x256px
>watch hobbyist videos on youtube
>all of them are males with no face shown and the content is only about the hobby itself, not their personal life
why dont women have hobbies /r9k/?
>>
>>36743383
Hobby videos are by far the most comfy videos

Even better when theres no talking, just relaxing music and video of the process.

Beats that faggy asmr shit any day.
>>
>>36743383
this sounds like a generic women hate thread but it makes a decent point. Usually women don't really get into hobbies, and just do it for the social aspect. I'm trying to think of exceptions, maybe I just have male dominated hobbies, or maybe women just aren't good at most things
>>
>>36743445
I've only known a single female that had a hobby and wasn't just doing what her boyfriend was doing.
>>
>>36743535
I freaking always forget to delete name!
>>
Many women have hobbies, they usually just tend to be something that men don't consider hobbies. Lots of women enjoy sowing, knitting, crocheting, painting, arranging flowers, cooking, and all manner of "women's work" or just arts and crafts type stuff. It's much less common to find women who are into stuff like woodworking or machining, but there really isn't any difference between that sort of thing and knitting. That said, there do seem to be a lot of fuckin Stacies out there who consider watching netflix a hobby. There's just as many Chads who just go out drinking and play fifa though.
>>
>>36743535
>Expange
Excuse me?
>>
>>36743383
Damn I love these hobby videos...They always bring a happy, carefree feeling.
There's this guy that is into woodwork, and his voice is so cool and calm that I couldn't even imagine him being angry, and when you show his face he always has that smile, like he's got the kind of life you could never imagine of having...
I'll post one of his vids because it's so comfy, I might as well share the good stuff:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRmFAopH80o
>>
women don't like anything that doesn't have the potential to manifest attention or status

The aren't interested in doing things for the sake of it.
>>
>>36743572
Expand on the hobby that lady person had. It's an autistic way of saying expand.
Please be patient with me
>>
File: gearbox-3.jpg (444KB, 988x683px) Image search: [Google]
gearbox-3.jpg
444KB, 988x683px
Actually, a lot of women have hobbies. But the thing is that, like us, they don't go out, or at least don't express it because the world of women is way more worried with status and image than men's.
As a man, you can be cool saying you're into electronics, history, painting, maths... but as a woman, it's another story. But from knowing some on a personal level, I can tell you many have hobbies, especially as they grow older.
For example I knew one who had a true passion for sculptures, especially those from Africa or Australia, and from the way she talks about it, you can feel it's serious stuff.
But when they're younger or attractive, they don't have time for none of that, and that's why many women look so shallow.
>>
>>36743828
>being this much of a numale

I used to think like you. You'll have a big awakening one day

>women don't do things because oppression lmao

and:

>As a man, you can be cool saying you're into electronics, history, painting, maths... but as a woman, it's another story.

in what Bizarro world are men considered cool for these hobbies?

don't be a faggot
>>
>>36743770
Google is giving me this:
>Expunge: erase or remove completely (something unwanted or unpleasant).
The more you know.
>>
>>36743904
I don't know where you live, but where I do it's perfectly fine. Maybe you're just around douches, never thought of that?
And when I sued the word "cool", it was to say that you'll be fine saying that you like these things, and people would just brush it off as something slightly strange, but not of concern.
And I don't say women don't do thing because of muh oppreshun, only that they don't necessary talk about it because most women are cunts and will treat them like garbage for doing something that isn't considered "girly" or "in the norm".
Either I phrased myself incorrectly, or you read just what you wanted in my post, because it was not the point I was trying to make.
>>
>>36743934
you're talking about the outliers of girls though. I won't argue this. Nobody is saying that there exists no girls in the world with genuine hobbies. But they're a small minority.

A large proportion of men have a hobby of some kind.
>>
When women make videos about things men may also be interested in then they get creepy "fans" who make it difficult to keep making content. There's also the case of men not counting female-heavy hobbies as real hobbies, which is very common on here.

Either that or women are dumb whores who only want sex etc etc
>>
>>36743570
I consider everything you have mentioned as a hobby yet I don't know any women under the age of 40 which practice any of these hobbies.

The women I do know which have hobbies usually pick them up after the age of 35, my godmother started to do ceramics as a hobby around 42 but she is the female equivalent of r9k and a Cat lady so it's not surprising she eventually found a hobby.

Women with a age range of 18-30 seem to be blank slates devoid of any personal believes be they political or philosophical in the event that this is not the case then it's usually caused by upbringing or their current SO belives.

Throughout my life I have never had a discussion with a women which is of a similar quality as a male, I wish this was not the case but up to now it has been, maybe I will be proven wrong in the future.
>>
>>36743934
He's just a retard. Everything outside his basement is a simple caracature generalization
>>
>>36743983
I get the feeling you don't know many women, or the ones you do don't like getting very close to you

Either way you shouldn't use anecdotes to draw such broad conclusions, it makes you look unintelligent.
>>
>>36743958
You'd be surprised to know that many do, and you likely don't see it because you only look at the surface like you would with men without taking into consideration the social mindset of women, which is very different.
Hell, in private I've been able to talk with a "stacy" for hours about history, something you wouldn't consider possible, but she turned out to be a big fan of it and had a blog all about it.
Women with hobbies are as frequent as men, only you see them less for the aforementioned reasons.
>>
>>36743958
>A large proportion of men have a hobby of some kind.

I don't really agree with this, most men I know only do basic shit like play video games or watch television, which is the male equivalent of fashion and gossip.
>>
>>36743570
You're right, unfortunately most women don't want to do most of these things anymore, or have little interest in them as they are very social creatures and very susceptible to peer pressure and what the government tries to enforce as a culture. As such, they see it as something for old ladies or "ew men trying to oppress me and make me do traditional shit I'm going to go and watch netflix and scream my lungs off at people with different political views."
>>
>>36743828
I think in today's society nobody looks down on women for many artistic pursuits - say if she's an artist or musician society thinks that's absolutely fine and it's perfectly acceptable for a woman to be associated with that. Something like electronics or woodworking are of course more male dominated things, because they have associations with reclusive nerds and rural conservative old guys respectively.
>>
>>36744557
Sure some hobbies are fine, but only a part of women have "acceptable" hobbies, and my point is that this list of socially acceptable hobbies among women is far less than for men.
But true, painting or music is totally acceptable, even among women.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.