[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone got any chemistry questions? I'm pretty fucked up

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

Anyone got any chemistry questions? I'm pretty fucked up but i will try my best. 4 bowls. 5 beers, and I might go smoke more.

Organic chemistry is my area of expertise, but I know all the way through physical chem.

I will draw out mechinisms too! :D
>>
what kinda chemical reactions happen when i deposit a fat load of jizz into your intenstines
>>
>>36739829
why can't we make algae synthesize petroleum or kerosene or whatever

is there some sort of hard energy constraint that doesn't allow sunlight+algae+feedstock to = fuel
>>
>>36739829
What happens when I put sugar into my tea?

Do the water and sugar molecules combine somehow?

Or are they just floating separately but together?
>>
>>36739829
What's the difference between organic and physical chemistry. I took some chem at uni but I've forgotten all of it and never really cared for it at the time.
>>
>>36739829
Yes actually, should I get a chem degree? I want to stem but bio seems to lite, phsyics to hard, cs maybe... chem seems the way to go but I don't know what kind of employment there is for it
>>
>>36739897
Sugar is a solid at room temperature, held together by ionic bonding into a crystal lattice structure.

Because your tea is aquius water, and water is a polar solvents, and sucrose is also polar it is water soluble.
>>
>>36739903
Oh they are huge.

In general, pchem looks at many moloucules as a whole and how they can be used in practical applications

Organic chemistry focused mainly of sythesis of hyrocarbons.
>>
>>36739932
No Op.

You can become a materials testing guy. I work for an aerospace company (as an assembler) and I often talk to an older dude who studied chemistry. He usually applies some adhesives onto two metal rectangles, bakes them, and then does a tolerance test. After that he writes it all down so that whoever ends up using it knows how strong it is.

Anyway. That's one possibility for you if you end up studying chemistry.
>>
>>36739932
Chem is pretty close to physics in terms of difficulty, especially if your not a visual thinker.

You can't bullshit through a stem degree. They are all hard as fuck.
>>
>>36739829
Who the fuck takes a screenshoot of a picture you took
>>
File: 1492569686775.jpg (59KB, 655x527px) Image search: [Google]
1492569686775.jpg
59KB, 655x527px
>>36739943
Could you dumb that down for me?

Like do the sugar and water combine and become one molecule, or what?
>>
>>36740030
Hmm I wonder if I'd actually like engineering. I always thought I wasn't cut out for it because I heard it was the hardest by far
>>
>>36740064
Uh. No, They mix. A portion of the molecules in solution is the sugar in the solvent, which is water in this case.
>>
>>36740116
OP Here,

If you are decent at numbers, eng. is not going to be any harder than Math or Physics. Its got more homework, but conceptually its not any more challenging.

I was originally a Eng. major when I was in CC, took all my classes, then got into a top university for chemistry (I have no idea why the fuck they excepted me, I applied as a joke) and went for it.
>>
>>36740253
How hard is it to remove 1 proton from mercury to make gold/
>>
>>36740310
Such a large number I wont even bother calculating it. You might be able to do it in incredibly minute quantities with a farnsworth fusor or some neutron source.
>>
>>36739829
yea ok, can u explain how ligand field theory causes the spectra of transition metal complexes?

Also is d5 high spin stable if you get no LFSE?
Do octahedral Mn2+ complexes exist at all?

This is pretty basic, but I really don't get it.
>>
>>36741364
Oh wow sorry I skipped through high school chem.

Too easy for me.
>>
File: sugar.jpg (58KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
sugar.jpg
58KB, 750x500px
>>36739943
Sugar is not ionic
>>36740064
They both exist together, there's so many more times the water molecules than sugar molecules that water molecules essentially isolate the sugar molecules that were really close together when you had them in crystalline sugar
>>
>>36741364
The spectra is essentially the HOMO LUMO gap, ligand field theory helps rationalize why the gap is the way it is

You get no lfse with a d5, the delta octahedral energy is small enough to where it's more favorable to not have two electrons in the same orbital with opposite spin because in the same orbital like charges repel

Yes they exist, Mn(H2O)6 2+ is an example
>>
File: Screenshot_20170503-040423.png (402KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170503-040423.png
402KB, 1280x720px
>>36739829
Where do I start with this problem? I haven't looked at it much yet but it's some pchem and if you can help me start it it'll save me like an hour of work
>>
>>36739829
tell me how to turn lead into gold
>>
File: 1493048180630.jpg (220KB, 850x1163px) Image search: [Google]
1493048180630.jpg
220KB, 850x1163px
I'm doing chemistry in uni and failing hard. How can I stop failing so hard? I got the lowest possible passing score from math 101 and failed physics 101, physical chemistry 101 and many more 101s.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.