[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>21 zero work experience >dish washing job requires 1 year

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

File: Awf1sSG.png (158KB, 1448x980px) Image search: [Google]
Awf1sSG.png
158KB, 1448x980px
>21 zero work experience
>dish washing job requires 1 year experience

well i took my last exam today this is now my life for the next 3 months.
>>
>>36738959
What do your parents do anon? My father is trying to land me an aporentice job of sorts at the company he works for. Nothing cushy its manual labor vut it would pay above minimum wage so i fucking jumped at the chance. If it works out I dont see the point of going back to uni.
>>
File: 1491765785704.jpg (335KB, 484x527px) Image search: [Google]
1491765785704.jpg
335KB, 484x527px
>>36738959
>be me 21 no work experience
>no idea how to tell that to employers
>no idea what to put on resume
>no idea how taxes work
>no idea how to work register, pack groceries or do basic tasks
>no confidence in anything
>>
>>36738959
temp agency
originallio
>>
>>36739033
If your parents didnt even help you by explaining this then you should really ask them about this shit. My parents have helped me by giving me mock interviews. About once a month i dress up then meet them and we do tge whole interview thing. We have played out both success and failures. Knowing how to do an interview is 20% of it imo. The rest is (((experience)))
>>
>>36739077
I have drugs for the interview to make me not sperg, I'm just worried about the tax forms (?) and how to tell them I'm 21 and havrn't worked a day in my life but I'll make a good employee
>>
>>36739033

just say you went to community college but didnt graduate or some shit. they arent going to call to check, especially if you dont have a diploma. if they ask why you didnt graduate just say you couldnt afford to finish.
nobody really expects shit out of you until youre 23+
just get a tax software thing. its litterally retard proof. the only people who have to stress about taxes are people with big families or lots of investments/ property and shit.
you can learn to use a register in 5 minutes.
you can do shit retard. 7 billion years of evolution is in your DNA. dont make shit harder than it is.
>>
>>36738959
evening showers are objectively inferior to morning showers
>>
>21
>No work experience
>All the work available is 60-120 minutes away by bus, train or car
>Unemployment for youth in my state is around 30-40% by official statistics, so it's probably much worse than that in reality
>The most entry of entry work requires 2-3 years of experience

I hate the 21st century.
>>
>>36738959
that has been my life for the past 3 years. Doesn't get much better, I have to say.
>>
>>36738959
>Dish washing job requires 1 year experience
I have never encountered a shit job like that to require experience
>>
>>36739142
nigga all you gotta do on tax forms is put in your basic info (name DOB SSN) and then the number of dependents you want to claim.

more dependents means the government taxes your weekly income less, but you will get less of a refund at the end of the year. if you claim too many you can end up owing the IRS, instead of getting a refund.
if this sounds complicated my advice to you is claim one. you keep a decent amount of your paycheck and get a fat refund check come next year
>>
>>36739239
Not the OP, but just the other day I was looking through online classifieds and found a dish washing job at a hotel that required 2 years of experience to start. They specifically said "don't bother applying if you don't have at least 2 years experience".
>>
File: hmm.png (25KB, 445x544px) Image search: [Google]
hmm.png
25KB, 445x544px
>>36739239
This is just one job i saw earlier today
>>
>>36739213
Maybe move then?
>>
>>36739270
Did you try walking and shaking their hand? That's what my boomer pops keeps telling me, only its for a construction job not dishwashing, I guess I must be to lazy because I haven't gotten any calls back
>>
>>36739213
i wish i could spam temp agency harder but i really dont know how.
temp agency dont give a shit bout expierence. they get paid for hiring you, and sending your ass somewhere. as long as you show up to the interview not (completely) drunk you have a job.
>>
If fucking non-english speaking immigrants can get jobs, what's your fucking excuse?
>>
>>36739340
Wanting min wage and a normal schedule you idiot. Theres a reason companies hire illegals
>>
>>36739340
non english speaking immigrants took all the jobs
>>
>>36739303
>Required expirience:
>1yr
Looks like I can't work at Papa Johns.
>>
>>36739316
With all this fucking MONEY I have flying out of my ass due to being unemployed, right? Great idea, Einstein. I'll just will myself to wealth.

>>36739320
I actually have done this a lot. Had one guy I spoke to tell me to never do that again because it will never work.
>>
>>36739357
that part sucks but 218 people applied to it which is even worse for a part time cashier job at fucking papa johns.
>>
Got a job at a liqour store with
>21 zero work experience

I applied to over 100 places before even one called back though so I feel your pain
>>
>>36739354

Go to a nearest construction site. They always need morons to do shit jobs like clean up, carry rounds things and roll square things, those type of moron related things. In about 6 month you would loose about 30-40 pounds easily. Your hands will become somewhat manly and you will not give a shit. Now, look at a simple crap like roofing, siding installation, landscaping or something that does not require great mental efforts. Talk to the guys who do it, they will take you. Someone has to hustle shingles up the hoist or rake cow shit from here till sunset, might as well be you. Swing a hammer for a year - you have your experience, you look like a male of your species somewhat, you maybe have some money and some balls. Fuck your normal schedule and min wage - if this is what you want you are not fucking desperate enough yet.
>>
>>36739446
Where I live, every entry level job gets around 300-1000 "views" within about a day on most websites. Not sure how many applications.
>>
I'm not a cancerous sjw man, but sometimes I feel like you cushioned white bois really are blind to the real world...
>be me
>born to 2 immigrants with 9th grade education
>broke as fuck my whole life
>be 16, fed up with being poor
>become dishwasher
Eventually I moved up in positions, switched restaurants, etc
>2017
>19 years of age
>am waiter, make $600-$800 weekly, never working over 36 hours
>have 20k in bank, despite paying rent ($500 monthly) for over a year to help my beaner parents
>in community college, nursing major
>currently writing book on saving western civilization

Adversity truly creates character.
>>
>>36739516
Construction is fucking miserable and "simple crap like roofing" did give my dad massive forearms and work ethic but also a permanent hunch and skin cancer
>>
>>36739438
>With all this fucking MONEY I have flying out of my ass due to being unemployed, right? Great idea, Einstein. I'll just will myself to wealth.

Hey, how much is greyhound ticket to a place where you can get a job? Like a city or something. Go to a nearest fucking city and look for a job. Don't have a plan, don't have a lot of money, who cares. You are what, 21-22? It's warm, you can sleep outside for few days. This shit would motivate you even further. Or not, or sit here and bitch about how everyone has fucked you over because things are hard
>>
>>36739599
>white bois
Yeah it must be my skin, not my middle class parents, I get your point but are you trying to trigger me
>>
>>36739599

Yeah, but your kids will end up being lazy because their life will be too easy.

You're 2 -3 generations behind.
>>
>>36739820
I live in Australia, so getting to the closest city with jobs besides mine would be several days of bus trips, during which I would need food, water, anbd shelter. Also, the unemployment crisis for young people here is absolutely insane, with a 20-30% national unemployment for youth. It's much, much, much, much higher if you include university students who don't have jobs and people who just gave up looking for work.

This isn't a matter of lack of will, this is a matter of a hellish service economy coupled with a housing bubble. Cost of living is insanely high, employment among the youth is incredibly low, houses cost a small fortune. I could spend a lot of money to catch a train to the nearest major city (several days away) that has a homeless problem, crime problems, drug problems, and unemployment problems, or I can accept that maybe the 21st century is a hellscape wrought by selfish desire and accept my fate.
>>
>>36739803
>Construction is fucking miserable and "simple crap like roofing" did give my dad massive forearms and work ethic but also a permanent hunch and skin cancer

I am sorry I have not realized I was speaking to a girl. Life is miserable you sheltered little bitch. Life will beat the shit out of you and give you not just a hunch and skin cancer, but it will ultimately fucking kill you. So instead of a hunch and skin cancer, you prefer slow but certain process of having your balls dissolve as you stuff your face with junk food and waste your time here. That's better. At least your dad is a man, you are a basic bitch who thinks work is "miserable".
>>
>>36739820
please don't recommend others do what is one of the biggest issues we have right now.

If you go to a city without contacts, money, job or anything, you'll become homeless and become a drain on that city's finances.

It's only okay to move if you have money or already got a job there.

That said, he could look for a job online or something before moving.
>>
>>36739853
I said white bois because the middle class is predominantly white. Perhaps I'm just projecting bitterness at the fact that you were born comfortable and I'm not. Nonetheless, take away those two words and my point still stands.

>>36739882
I see what you're saying, but I disagree. I'm consciencely aware that comfort makes for lazy, weak men. Which is why I, as a father, will make every attempt to mold my children into independent, merit-based children. I'll try to instill the same anxiety of my parents having nothing to offer me into my children. Perhaps their children will be like OP, or, if I raise my children right, we will be generations of expansionists.
>>
>>36739929
lol whatever makes you feel better dude. I'm a sad loser on r9k with little life experience and wouldn't mind dying... not sure what you expected
>>
File: smugneetscholar.jpg (121KB, 408x408px) Image search: [Google]
smugneetscholar.jpg
121KB, 408x408px
>>36739929

Wow, you might win "Biggest wagecuck of the year" with that comment
>>
>>36740086
Different anon here. It's better to be a wage cuck for a few years, in order to actually begin living, than it is to be a fucking NEET your entire life.

Or suppose you're one of those faggots that think they'll make it big in business. Well, where are you going to get that money to invest you fucking imbecile? Daddy? If Daddy had an indispensable amount of money than you wouldn't be bitching now, would you?
>>
>>36739929
>basic bitch who thinks work is "miserable".
m8 thats not exactly an uncommon sentiment...
>>
>>36740128

Many wagefriends work in order to eventually attain NEETdom, and I applaud that. The cuck in wagecuck comes from the idolizing of labor. People like >>36739929 spin back breaking labor with being a man. As if killing your health and parceling away your life is something worthy of praise.
>>
>>36739213
>>All the work available is 60-120 minutes away by bus, train or car

Bullshit. You're going to tell me that there isn't a Walmart or a McDonald's or ANY sort of business around you that could possibly be hiring? Fucking move then you retard.
>>
>>36740231
None of those businesses hire adult men, my dude, unless they're hiring for a management position. All the positions are staffed by teenage boys, adult women, or old men who run the place. If you're not 14-16 or a woman, you ain't getting hired to work fast food around here. Shit, even a chick I knew with 4 years of experience working fast food in another city couldn't find work here. It's that bad.
>>
>>36738959
Just apply for dishwashing at an old folks home

>apply
>employer asks if you have arms
>accept minimum wage and get trained by chainsmoking old bitch who spits on dishes sometime
>get berated by old people when you get their orders wrong
>clean up old people's disgusting disease ridden messes afterwards

I-i-it's a living
>>
File: laughter.jpg (46KB, 970x702px) Image search: [Google]
laughter.jpg
46KB, 970x702px
>>36739154
>3 billion more years of evolution is in his DNA than the number of years that the earth has existed.

top kek, mate.
>>
File: feel.gif (1MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
feel.gif
1MB, 500x281px
>>36739033
>22
>in the same situation
>relationship with family is deteriorating
>have zero motivation to do anything
>every time I start to feel happy it quickly fades, same thing when I get sad
Is this what it's like to be emotionally dead inside?
>>
>go to indeed
>search factory / cleaning / service jobs
>send out 30+ resumes
>wait a month

This never fails for me but the jobs do suck.
>>
Why do I have to keep doing a job that I don;t even like to achieve some sort of social validation?

Is working shitty ass laboring jobs considered 'manly' ?
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.