[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I just failed my Calc 2 class in college and am about to leave

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

File: 1451716679813.jpg (14KB, 342x245px) Image search: [Google]
1451716679813.jpg
14KB, 342x245px
So I just failed my Calc 2 class in college and am about to leave next week to take it again in a summer class. Anyone have any stories about failing classes? Retaking them? How to overcome?
>>
>>36737505
I withdrew from a Physics class instead of failing it. It was okay, because the next time I took it, I got a good professor.
>>
I passed my 1st and 2nd year in uni with 75%+ marks on everything.

Then I went into 3rd year and began failing all my classes.

Now I have 2 years of debt and kicked out of university lmao.

Oh well, it isn't like I leave the house anyway, it's not like I would have got a job with the degree.
>>
File: 1485016714976.png (247KB, 575x526px) Image search: [Google]
1485016714976.png
247KB, 575x526px
>>36737505
did you use your schools math center.

this was only for calc 1 but I would work on the practice test 1 week before we had the real test in the class.
>>
>>36737679
so what are you gonna do anon?
>>
>>36737758
Back to NEET life once again.

Parents are surprised I made it to my 3rd year anyway, they aren't upset at all, just glad I tried lmao.
>>
>>36737505
Meanwhile
>Underage fag
>Studying calc 1 and 2 in my free time
>Every other normie in my school still stuck studying gayometry
>Didn't even register for AP tests but a professor at Columbia said I should know Calc if I want to help out in his research
Started less than an hour ago, already understand all limit theorems.
Get fucked by underage
>inb4 roooo b&
>>
>>36737936
>entering a name
>replies to thread just to brag
>Admits to being underage b&
End your life you fucking faggot
>>
>>36738217
No reason to end it when I can pass Calc 2 in less than 3 months from now ;^)
>>
>>36738671
>not knowing multivariable calculus in highschool
fucking amateur
>>
>>36737936

neat, now get off this website and make something of yourself rather than bragging about it
>>
>>36737505
It's no big deal. Just retake it.

t. guy who failed calc II 3 times and physics II 5 times
>>
File: 135641354153445.jpg (42KB, 258x580px) Image search: [Google]
135641354153445.jpg
42KB, 258x580px
>>36737505
>took math placement exam before going to college
>got put in a remedial college algebra class that was every day of the week
>failed it
>took it over in the summer
>barely passed with a C
>try and take next math which i think is pre-calculus
>failing terribly and drop it
>at this point i'm still undecided as my major and come to the realization that i can't take a major that needs math classes
>four years later and i'm a history major who hates his life and still has no real direction in life
>>
File: 1493507453635.jpg (29KB, 226x226px) Image search: [Google]
1493507453635.jpg
29KB, 226x226px
>>36737505
I just got back a test in my calc 2 class today. I got a 2/94. I think I'm going to fail mine as well. It's strange because I understand everything perfectly fine during class, I'm just bombing these tests and don't understand how the teacher wants me to present my answers.

>>36739521
I fell for the community college meme and I need all four calc years to transfer to a four year (math's my major), retaking tacks on another year.

>>36737936
>thinking studying in your free time is anywhere near the same as having a hardass who has no incentive to pass you grading your paper
>>
>>36740464

CC is not some meme. If you couldn't cut it CC math classes you probably weren't ready for real 4 year college math classes.
>>
File: 1492651135479.jpg (76KB, 500x552px) Image search: [Google]
1492651135479.jpg
76KB, 500x552px
>>36737505
>this semester
>taking Calc 2 and some CS, CPE classes
>stop attending class because I just don't care anymore and am lonely and miserable at such a crowded university
>get behind
>finally break down in February
>drop all of my classes and have pretty much been spending all my time alone in my room, nothing accomplished since then
>going to retake Calc 2 in summer term in a few weeks
>retaking the rest of the class during fall
>also, I retook Precal II three times
>I just don't care what my parents think anymore
>I will probably end up killing myself before this year is over
>>
>>36737505
I got A's in the calc sequence, but i'm about to finish discrete math with a fucking D. Final tomorrow, not even gonna study tonight. The summer professor is a pushover, so I'm still somewhat positive. its kinda crushing to not pass a class though, I feel ya
>>
File: 1480716933022.jpg (154KB, 1063x1063px) Image search: [Google]
1480716933022.jpg
154KB, 1063x1063px
>>36737505
>roommate talking to me
>"Hey anon, if you're feeling down today, just know that someone I know is having to take Pre Calc for the third time."
>mfw I'm going to have to take Pre Calc for the third time next semester too

Also

>roommate talking to me again
>"Man I fucking hate life. I got a 35 on my Pre Calc test. I probably would have done better if I just didn't study and took the test."
>mfw I got an 18 out of 100 on the same test

I've also haven't had a test grade higher than a 51. I've lost my will to care.
>>
>>36740666
I think I could've passed it if i tried but I haven't taken a math class for three years (since junior year of high school) and I didn't bother buying a textbook or doing any homework. Really my own fault but I was cocky and used to pass math classes in my sleep. I'm honestly regretting CC at this point, I'm likely going to need an extra year, and I'm missing out on the social aspect of college, which a guy like me could really use. My classmates are all in their 30s and 40s, no joke.
>>
>>36740732
>decent at math i though so far
>breeze through chemistry classes
>took 5 semesters to pass calc 1 & 2
>never signed up for calc 3
>>
>>36737505
Look on the bright side, calc 3 is easier.
>>
I aced Calc 1, but failed Calc 2 cuz I didn't do the homework or read or anything; retook it and got an A+. Also withdrew from Calc 3 for the same reason. 7 years later I'm going back to school for engineering and need to retake Calc 3. Forgot everything from Calc 1 and 2 so I need to review :/
>>
Barely passed Calc 1 despite taking it twice at a uni and once in a CC. Struggling in Calc 2 but if I do well on the final I can pass with a high B, low A. Linear Algebra and multivar in the summer is going to kill me but I want to transfer asap so I have no other choice
>>
>>36741062
>lying to them.
It only gets harder and harder from Calc series to differential equations and that's just the bare fucking surface.
>>
>>36740464
>retaking tacks on another year.
Yeah well, that's the price you pay. Time and money.

I'm 2 years behind on my graduation.
>>
>>36741325
I guess so. I don't mind really and I'm willing to own up to it, and it won't cost much, but I'm just afraid of how my parents will take it. I can definitely support myself for a year on my own if I work while doing 6 units or something like that, but my parents are probably going to be hardasses because my sister graduated in four years (liberal arts degree).
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.