[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm trying to become less of a 89iq retard by doing some

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 10

File: khan academy.png (47KB, 1239x595px) Image search: [Google]
khan academy.png
47KB, 1239x595px
I'm trying to become less of a 89iq retard by doing some maths on khan academy.

Is it a reliable way to strengthen your maths?
>>
>>36736075
>maths

It's math, not 'maths'.
>>
IQ doesn't relate to math that much. Math doesn't make you smart. It just makes you know math. Being smart is a general thing. Not just math.
>>
>>36736169
math is short for mathematics, not mathematic

hence maths, muritard
>>
>>36736169
mathematicS
you fucking american
'i know you're baiting but this especially triggers my tism
>>
>>36736075
>wasting your time learning a skill you will never use just so you can brag about having a higher number on the internet
>>
>>36736198
>>36736207

No. It's math. Not maths. Nobody says 'maths' here.
>>
File: dog_with_goggles.jpg (46KB, 800x530px) Image search: [Google]
dog_with_goggles.jpg
46KB, 800x530px
>>36736207
>>36736198
>I'm going to use a word that is 10 times harder to pronounce, in order to preserve a technicality in a language already full of inconsistencies

Yeah MATH will not help people as retarded as you guys
>>
File: shinichi.png (618KB, 657x807px) Image search: [Google]
shinichi.png
618KB, 657x807px
if you truly care about mathematics then this reading list will help you out a lot
hbpms.blogspot.com/
>>
>>36736252
>nobody says maths in my trailer park

Guess it must be math then
>>
If you want to do that as a hobby, sure.
It won't raise your iq or be useful ever but if you enjoy math, go ahead
>>
>>36736075
iq is a measure of intelligence, not knowledge, so if your endgame is IQ improvement math won't help. IQ is basically static over your lifetime
>>
>>36736189
verbal IQ dude.
>>
>>36736267
>adding an S to 'math' makes it 10x harder to say

lol ok you brainlet
>>
If you think your low IQ score is from a lack of concentration and little experience in critical thinking, then studying math might help.
>>
>>36736075
yes. just do a lot of problems and try to do them very fast
>>
File: feels_guy_ss.jpg (38KB, 403x403px) Image search: [Google]
feels_guy_ss.jpg
38KB, 403x403px
>>36736302
I don't care if it's EASIER to say "maths" instead of "math." You are still a motherfucking retard for anally adhering to some rules in the English language, a language known for having exceptions to all of its rules. Please promptly kill yourself
>>
>>36736169
no shit
originalingo
>>
>>36736075
My school uses it as a recommendation for anyone needing practice so I'd say its decent.
I've tried it myself and it's not too bad.
>>
>>36736198
Do you go to sciences class too?
>>
>>36736373
>being this assmad at being wrong
kek
do you just ignore all plurals too because "muh language is known for having exceptions to all it's rules!" It's maths because there is more than one kind of mathematics.
or do they only teach you one kind in murrica? wouldn't be wholly surprised.
>>
>>36736373
>arguing about rules of the English language
>not realizing the word mathematics is plural referring to multiple fields of study within the word
>not realizing maths is referring to all of these subfields just like the correct word mathematics is
>using "math" like an autist as if it's just one concept

>even if you weren't completely wrong based on simple rules of the english language
>using a shortened version of the real name then complain about breaking rules

ok
>>
>>36736475
no, I don't go to mathematic classes though, I go to mathematics classes :^)
>>
>>36736298
wrong
you can train your brain
>>
File: disabed_american_amphibian.png (34KB, 636x778px) Image search: [Google]
disabed_american_amphibian.png
34KB, 636x778px
>>36736252
>IN LOUEYSIANA WE CALLS IT MATH, THIS THA ONLY PLACE IN THE WORLD SO IS CALLED MATH
>>
File: fefe.jpg (45KB, 450x470px) Image search: [Google]
fefe.jpg
45KB, 450x470px
>>36736491
>>36736496

The purpose of language is to be understood. When I say "math," people without autism understand I am referring to "mathematics."

Of course, whenever you eurocucks have to refer to "mathematics" in a conversation, you insist on saying "maths" resulting in you spraying a healthy 30 milliliters of spit in the other person's face. But nobody thinks anything of it, as you drool frequently, and so they just wipe the spit off their face and inform your caretaker that you're bothering them
>>
>>36736198
Humanities also end with an S. Do you expect us to believe you're going to Hums class instead of Hum class? Get real, nobody talks like that.
>>
>>36736568

Louisiana is truly the worst state I have had to live in. I wish I didn't have to move here for my job.

No place should regard a random dead cockroach in the 9th floor stairway as a "common thing that happens from time to time".
>>
this could have actually been one of the few good threads on /r9k/ but instead it had to descend into shit flinging
>>
File: 1471567127168.jpg (106KB, 601x601px) Image search: [Google]
1471567127168.jpg
106KB, 601x601px
>>36736491
>>36736496

>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I NEED A WELL STRUCTURED ENVIRONMENT
>I CANT DEAL WITH IRREGULARITY
>CANT YOU PEOPLE SEE MY SHIRT
>"PLEASE BE PATIENT I HAVE AUTISMO"

Don't worry soon the social justice warriors will make it illegal to say "math" to protect you precious snowflakes
>>
>>36736621
>you idiots don't follow english rules
>english rules are wrong, its supposed to be understandable
>idiots don't understand basic plurality so I dumb down my speech to speak with them
>>
>>36736276
>>36736568

Elitist pricks. America sets the standard for English now. No one cares about you faggoty Brits.
>>
>>36736643
>No place should regard a random dead cockroach in the 9th floor stairway as a "common thing that happens from time to time".
Have you never lived in an apartment before that is common. I'm not saying it's not gross but cockroaches are everywhere - especially in apartments where there's probably one dirty ass person who doesn't keep their room clean.

Lousy-anna isn't the worst though. The worst state is West Virginia. Everybody there is pure fucking trash and on gibs, but they love screaming "gubmant stay out my lives!" when paying tax on their moonshine ingredients on welfare day
>>
>>36736643
Same, live in Bosier. I have never seen any more obese people, uneducated people, redneck people, ghetto people in one state (i've lived in 10 and visited many more). Not to mention every other person I talk to is LITERALLY illiterate and can't understand any words over 5 letters. I work in construction. 2 of my coworkers actually are unable to read. I have to read shit aloud for them every day

Not only that, everything is shit. Basic buildings are shit and look like fallout house and I wouldnt even want to live in the million dollar houses just because of the city and people in it. Let's forget the fucking atrocious summers carnivorous wildlife and bugs.
>>
File: autism_4.png (576KB, 553x983px) Image search: [Google]
autism_4.png
576KB, 553x983px
>>36736512
>be me
>enrolled in a Physical Sciences class
>people ask me where I'm going
>"Oh I'm going to sciences class"
>drowning in pussy, needless to say
>>
>>36736075
Very good for building the foundations up until Algebra II.

From calculus onwards it's more of a supplementary tool
>>
>>36736837
why is it worse at calc and above
>>
using the term "maths" is almost as dumb as using the term "series" to describe a season of a television series

"hey guys did you see the new series of that series we all love"
>>
File: deformed pepe.png (74KB, 500x422px) Image search: [Google]
deformed pepe.png
74KB, 500x422px
>>36736269
>>36736837
Alright, thanks.

Holy fuck did this thread go down the shitter.
>>
>>36736866
He lays a good foundation for calc but the questions there are pretty shallow. You'll need good textbooks
>>
>>36736895
you posted grade A+ stem bait
>>
>>36736707

It was mostly shock at how unfazed my co worker was when I said there was a dead cockroach. To be fair I'm from the north where cockroaches are never found except for the extremely nasty places.

Also I'm operating under the idea that there is a diffusion of cockroach concentration from the ground floor up. If I can find a dead one on the 9th floor, what the fuck is the first floor like?

And yea I've seen a few in my apartment. Like one every 4 or so months in the summer. I keep my place clean. No dirty dishes overnight, all the food locked away in containers, no trash built up for too long, floor tidy of shit for them to hide under, spraying raid around the floor moldings, etc. Unlike most Louisianan people I don't shrug it as acceptable and actively work against them. Doesn't help my neighbors are gibs monkeys that never turn off their AC unit and have a nice drip puddle constantly for watering the roaches.
>>
>>36736198
>has 89 IQ
>calls other people retards
LOL
>>
File: berserk.jpg (369KB, 1479x1100px) Image search: [Google]
berserk.jpg
369KB, 1479x1100px
>>36736962
I literally only posted >>36736075 and >>36736962

When I try to make an actual serious thread, it always devolves into an absolute cesspool.

English is not my first language, why do you fucking autistic Anglos always argue about such minor mistakes?
>>
>>36737015
>equating me with OP because I use the correct word like the entire of english speaking society besides autistland does
>>
>>36737118
Fuck, I mean >>36736075 and >>36736895
>>
>>36736527
>train
to what? raise your IQ by 3 points. IQ is relatively static and you're always going to be in the same bracket
>>
>>36737118
you posted a troll so subtle people did not suspect it was a troll and ignore it.

by not trying to troll you trolled hard and posted amazing flamebait
>>
>>36737236
you can learn to game the IQ test
>>
You can't change your innate level of intelligence, but you can sharpen the tools you do have and gain a clearer understanding of the world.
>>
>>36736075
well done for trying to get better at it.
khan academy is quite good as a start. if u wanna get better i would suggest going through a coursebook. the topics are ordered so you will slowly build up without getting confused. and if some topics are hard you can see tutorials and explanations on youtube.

btw dont be hard on yourself for having that iq. dont let it restrict your learning!!!!! :)))
>>
>>36737307
Nothing more can be said.
/thread
>>
>>36737307
agreed. but i wonder if OP is still young, can he increase his IQ by training cognitive skills?
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.