[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i'm about to turn 22, i'm a NEET, i have no skills

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 10

File: download.jpg (6KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6KB, 300x168px
i'm about to turn 22, i'm a NEET, i have no skills to speak of other than making beats on a computer. i suck at school. give me one good reason why i shouldn't go join the military. inb4 dying for the jews/politicians/etc i don't care
>>
nobody?

origami
>>
>>36732483
do it anon. I tried to join the AF at 25, but was medically DQ'd. If you don't have any medical conditions, don't have a criminal record, etc, I highly recommend it. Use it as a stepping stone, and maybe if you really like it, do 20 years.
>>
if you develop a mental illness while in basic training, the military will pay you for life
>>
>>36732483
Do it bud
>>
>>36732927
what was the condition
>>
>>36732483
There is no reason not to
You will help keep america safe from those sandniggers and that fat kid
>>
>>36732483
I am same as you. 22yo NEET dropout with absolutely no skills and almost 0 work history in my life. Signed up for military and waiting to ship out now I think it's perfect place for us NEETs. Air force/navy/ coast guard all seem pretty comfy. My recruiter was a NEET too and it seems like he has a pretty good life now.
>>
File: 1490346295997.jpg (42KB, 480x477px) Image search: [Google]
1490346295997.jpg
42KB, 480x477px
how often do you get to use the bathroom in basic?

I have OBS and am curious if needing to piss in my pants would be a big deal or not?
>>
you guys are really selling me tbqh

i was expecting a lot of lazy NEET 'muh videogames/muh anime' type answers but you guys really have your priorities straight
>>
>>36733042
You sound very similar to me except I'm joining Army. I'm town between 11B and 42A. If I were to complete my first contract as 11B could I reclassify as 42A. Anyone know?
>>
If you do, make sure you do somthing with transferable skills you can use after you get out, for example mos 68w gets you a couple of medical certifications if I'm not mistaken
>>
>>36732483
join the marines like travis bickle then go fckn taxi driver on some niggers!
>>
>>36733192
be aware that this thread could be a psyop with the purpose of making you want to enlist. dont be played like a fiddle.
>>
>>36733316
THIS!
always thinks outside of the box THANKS Anon!
>>
>>36733316
oh fuck

now i'm definitely going to keep being a NEET
>>
>>36733042
Good move, man. What branch?
>>
Army medic here and ex robot now cyborg. It fixed my life big time but I've seen other robots crack in basic. Will answer questions for curious robots.
>>
Went into Army because was crazy alcoholic, got through basic, was excelling, about 1 year in started getting drunk again and ended up getting discharged cuz I'd miss formation or show up drunk. If you have drug or alcohol problem don't do it.
>>
>>36733421
How long does it take to adjust to basic?
Did you have to deal with any assholes?
How many people "cracked"?
What is AIT like compared to Basic?
>>
>>36732483
Because they wouldn't take you. Why should they? You'll likely be in worse shape than you realise and you're a low energy loser who will break under stress.
The army wants normals.
>>
>>36733275
Hey I'm >>36733421and yeah you get an emt cert but more importantly a lot of civilian medical personnel count your time in as actual relevant work experience since we do so many different things

>>36733238
You can if your asvab is good enough but a lot of infantry stay grunts. There's a certain mindset they build into you

>>36733158
Unless you're in Benning you can basically go whenever you need to. They baby the fuck out of you or at least did under Obama
>>
>>36733472
Another military robot here.
For me, about a third of people dropped out instantly in the first three days. Never even knew their names, they'd just disappear.
The remainder, less than 5, but they all cracked hard and they got stuck in there a lot longer than the 2 months.
>>
>>36732483
Do it just make sure you won't break in basic.
>>
>>36733551
> There's a certain mindset they build into you
Interesting. I'm going in with the intent of making it a career...you can't make a career out of Infantry as far as I know.
>>
>>36733421
Why didn't you got 18X?
>>
>>36733609
You can through private military contracting, basically mercenary work, you can make $1,000 a day doing it
>>
>>36733409
Joining coast guard. I don't know what job I want to do yet, but I chose coast guard because you go in without a designated job and then sign up for the school you want once you get a chance to see what they do. Plus I'll probably be near the ocean which is nice.
>>
>>36733660
How does one even go about something like that?
>>
File: 1490812422606.jpg (122KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1490812422606.jpg
122KB, 640x640px
How tough is air force basic training? I ship out in a couple weaks and I'm a weak lanklet.
>>
>>36733472
Not him but I'll share
>How long does it take to adjust to basic?
Around two weeks I'd say, reception is the worst part. It manages to be boring as fuck while making you worry like hell. You get into your grove after a while, just take one day at a time and talk to your buds.
>Did you have to deal with any assholes?
I thankfully didn't, spent all my time with a hong guy from california, a slow (but really nice) big guy from Pennsylvania, and a chinese immigrant who was twelve years older than me. Greatest guys I've ever met.
>How many people "cracked"?
Not many when I went through, a few guys just shut down, but I'd say about 90% of people made it through. I'm not sure what other peoples are like.
>What is AIT like compared to Basic?
A little more freedom, you have your phone, you have weekends off (and four days) you can fraternize a little more. The days are long as fuck though, mine was 04:00-19:00 Monday through Friday. I enjoyed it more than basic but it varies, by that point you really just want to get out of training.
>>
>>36733669
Man, that's awesome. My old man served 10 years in the Coast Guard. I would have tried for that, but I never learned to swim. You plan on making a career out of your time?
>>
>>36733158
>>36733551
I actually just completed 11B OSUT. And I'm currently a holdover. You can basically pee whenever you want.

Can answer questions considering I graduated literally 2 weeks ago.
>>
>>36733678
Not 100% sure but someome linked this in a thread in /k/ about contract work a while back http://www.shooterjobs.com
>>
>>36733723
You waiting on orders?
>>
>>36733660
what kind of things do you do in what countries?
>>
>>36733472
Take it seriously and get to a decent physical level before basic and you'll be fine

Yes. God yes. The army is filled with assholes. But don't take it personally they hate everyone. Know that when you get to your unit you'll be fine for the most part if you don't fuck up and actually put in effort.

Like the other anon said, a bunch in reception then just a few after. Some were robots but some were normies that couldn't take the lack of freedom.

My AIT was easy street. They hardest part was studying to pass the tests since we were always tired. Eventually you get days off and San Antonio was cool. Also got a dorm style room and my roommate was chill as fuck
>>
>>36733703
It's 7 1/2 weeks. My younger brother made it and he's always been small. Honestly, I think it has to do with your mentality aswell.
>>
>>36733743
Airborne Hold. Any other Robots here?
>>
>>36733609
You can make a career out of any MOS. Once you hit E-7 its basically all admin work anyway. If you like guns and shit go combat arms but if you'd prefer being comfy then I'd recommend something like comms or another basically all-robot MOS or better yet the air force
>>
>>36733774
Nah bro I'm supply, been in Hood for a year and a half now. You have ranger too?
>>
>try to join UK army
>they don't accept me because I couldn't run a mile in -10 minutes

>try to join UK navy reserves
>pass aptitude test
>they don't take me because I didn't list any normie hobbies like sports on my application
I wish I lived in America where the oversized, over-budgeted military takes absolutely anyone.
>>
>>36733703
Lol my buddy just finished they didn't get smoked once. It's barely even the military dude you'll be fine
>>
>>36733804
Yes. Got it while I was here which surprised me because I actually got recycled for PT and now I'm maxing everything but pushups.
>>
File: 1488202526426.jpg (14KB, 480x567px) Image search: [Google]
1488202526426.jpg
14KB, 480x567px
>>36733755
But from what I understand, you have to do an insane number of pushups in a certain amount of time, run 1.5 miles in a certain amount of time, etc.

If sounds really hard. I'm exhausted after running one mile and pushups are really hard for me.
>>
>>36733778
AF around here only had mechanic jobs.. so that ship sailed. What's your opinion in 42A?
>>36733778
You can? Huh. That's good to know. 11B is definitely on my 10 MOS choices
>>
>>36733657
Because being a medic in an infantry unit is chill as fuck. I do whatever I want and get my dick sucked because I can start an IV. Also my pt score is only like 270. Pretty good but not overmaxed
>>
File: 1493489528877.jpg (6KB, 216x234px) Image search: [Google]
1493489528877.jpg
6KB, 216x234px
>>36733816
This might be a dumb question but what does getting smoked mean
>>
>>36733865
being forced to do exercises basically
>>
>>36733841
Get your fitness level up beforehand. Basic Training is supposed to build you up, so.. don't sweat it too much.
>>
>>36733829
Good job, what are you getting now? I didn't max a pt test until well after training, you're really not in the best shape there
>>
>>36733745
Anything anywhere pretty much, mainly gaurding VIPs or training people
>>
>>36733846
I would never do 42A but they all look happy when we come back from the field so maybe I'm the dumb one. Just know it's basically a secretary position but from what I've seen it's very low stress.

For your other question it's competitive in the infantry to get promotions and you really have to pass the different schools for promotion points. I'd say do the infantry thing if you want the experience then reclass if you want on reenlistment
>>
File: 1491051169685.jpg (178KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1491051169685.jpg
178KB, 720x540px
>>36733885
Yeah I'm trying but I have less than two weeks before I ship out. I'm scared desu
>>
>>36732483
I recently started making beats too anon. Do you have a soundcloud or something?

Another anon and I are trying to put stuff together to make an /r9k/ album
>>
>>36733915

My first APFT was a 96. Like 12 pushups, 36 sit ups and 18:36 run.

Now I'm at 45 pushups (Still actually fucking terrible), 86 sit-ups and 12:56 run.
>>
File: 1484970879492.jpg (195KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1484970879492.jpg
195KB, 600x600px
>26 y/o NEET
>used to be on more psychiatric medications from 20-24 than I can remember the names of
>been clean off pills for 2 years and managed to get into okay physical shape

what are the odds I can get in? I'm perfectly okay with submitting to order and being under someones thumb which seems to be 1 of the main things a lot of normies cant hack
>>
Do it, you'll make friends
But do navy or chairforce. No others.
>>
>>36734014
Just don't tell them you were on them
>>
>>36733961
Medic anon here. Don't be scared. That's why a lot of people quit right at reception. Focus on the positives of what you're getting and try not to worry too much. Worrying is just going to make what could be a fun life experience into something horrible
>>
>>36733974
wow dude seriously? i got down to minimum standards before i THOUGHT i would get into the AF but then got medical DQ'd pretty pissed. I was doing 1.5 in 8:50, 50something pushups and EASILY 100 situps.

godamn the military. im 26 now and i feel like it isn't worth it to try for a different branch. i think i could physically and emotionally handle it but i feel old.
>>
>>36733808

>can't run a mile in 10 mins
>thinks he can join the world's best military

Go die in a hole, you yellow teeth cuck
>>
File: 1484965704872.jpg (14KB, 249x249px) Image search: [Google]
1484965704872.jpg
14KB, 249x249px
>>36734046
but what if they find out

There wasn't even anything *wrong* with me, I just fell for the psychiatry meme
>>
>>36733945
Seems like a good robot job, desu. There was also something similar to 42A except it was in a hospital setting...can't remember what jt was calked.
>>
>>36733974
Most people usually have one thing they're bad at, do you do them in your free time? 100? 200? 300?
When I'm getting ready for a test I literally do 400 every few days.
>>
>>36734086
68G or 68J probably. Medical receptionist and medical supply
>>
>tfw Russian-American
>really want to kill arabs overseas
>would feel like a traitor if I joined US military
>don't want to get raped in Russian army
What do
>>
>>36734083
They only know what you tell them. Don't give tgem your medical records pertaining to your medical history and you have a chance. I repeat: DO NOT TELL THEM ANYTHING THAT COULD RUIN YOUR CHANCES; YOU ARE FUCKING SUPERMAN.
>>
>>36733719
I would like to make it a career, but I'll see how the first 4 years go. Whenever I look at other civilian jobs I just don't want to do any of them. Plus I hate interviewing and the application process for jobs. That's a big reason why I ended up a NEET. If I do make a career out of the military, it will partly be because I just don't want to apply for another job. And I really am not that good of a swimmer either. I haven't been in water since my high school gym class made us do a pool week and I just stayed in the shallow end. My recruiter said they will teach you if they need to in boot camp though.
>>
>>36734083
I don't think they can find out so long as you don't tell them
>>
>>36734083
yeah they'll try to scare you too. Don't fall for it. They try like a million times. If the job doesn't take a top secret security clearance they probably won't find out. If it does it actually might come up and don't lie with those guys
>>
>>36734069
There are recruiting adverts on the TV for it. The person says that before joining the army, they couldn't even run for a bus. Fucking lies, anon.
>>
>>36734162
68G! That's the one. That's my 2nd choice. I was one point short for a shot at paralegal. Fuck
>>
>>36734058
You think you're old? Well You will probably be one of the oldest in your Platoon but definitely not the oldest. It's not all just young bucks. You will be fine. Just stay motivated.

>>36734115
Honestly I don't know how I improved so much. One reason though is this: I am actually naturally really good at sit-ups and I was jipped on the first PT test. Secondly I tried really hard when we were running for PT and I learned to get over the mental block which is what gets most people. It just takes time to get over the mental block.

As for push ups, Well I actually barely did any except for PT and smoking and that is the sole reason I was recycled for PT. I passed everything else, I just really dread push-ups.
>>
>>36734164
Russian-american? That means you were born in the US, right? Why would you feel like a traitor if you joined the US Military?
>>
>>36734170
>pertaining to your mental records.
>>
>>36734215
That's a pretty short AIT. There you'll find the 68W rejects who got reclassed and will probably be bitter but don't let them get to you if that's what you want. Plus medical officers are usually chill so if you just wanna chill out in the military for a career you could do worse. I'm with the grunts so can't tell you much more but you'd probably have a lot of spare time so use those college bux while the army's paying
>>
>>36734251
Nope. Russian who was brought here as a child.

I really fucking want to go to Afghanistan.
>>
>>36734251
Oh. I mean, you lived here most of your life then? Either way, go for the Marines if your that eager to visit The Sandbox. They're the first ones in.
>>
File: Angry Pepe memes on Surf.jpg (7KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
Angry Pepe memes on Surf.jpg
7KB, 236x236px
/r9k/ IS ANTI-MILITARY GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD REEEEEEEEE
>>
>>36734327
meant for>>36734293
my bad originally
>>
File: 1486102616097.jpg (38KB, 411x613px) Image search: [Google]
1486102616097.jpg
38KB, 411x613px
>>36734048
Thanks for the kind words but how can I be sure that you are being genuine and you're not just some shill for a military psyop or something
>>
>>36734357
I don't base my opinions on what other people on a board think.
>>
>>36734291
Yeah, and that's the confusing part for me. Don't even know what I'd go to school for. Hell, I'd probably take up a trade or sometginh
>>
>>36734372
You can't. That's just something you're going come to have to terms with, man.
>>
>>36733463
How bad of an alcoholic were you? Thinking of joining. I pretty much drink every day and most days starting when I wake up. I think I can go without booze, but I just don't see any reason to as a NEET without responsibilities. I have gone a few months without booze before so I don't even know if I have a problem. I just go on month long benders usually with a few days off in between.

>>36734170
What if I have something that is blatantly obvious, but I know it will get cleared if I get a waiver? And if I don't get a waiver they would know I'm lying and call me out on it. At the same time I need to hide some mental health stuff that would be disqualifying. If I give them the records for the obvious thing is there a way for them to find out about my mental health via my medical records? It was at different hospitals if it matters.
>>
>>36732483
You most likely don't suck at school, just hate it and won't apply yourself. Get some high paying associates degree at a community college being a lab tech and enjoy the rest of a comfy life for 2 years investment.

I can tell you joining the military will be much worse. If you're a total fuck up and literally have no drive to improve yourself, then I guess it's not bad. You're just going to learn to get used to getting screamed and yelled at and ordered at even more than your parents for stupid shit by people you don't even know, be forced to socialize and share bunks with brads, ect.
>>
>>36734372
Well I'd post my dd214 but I don't own a camera and my phone is so shitty it'd look like a photoshop.

It's gonna come down to you man. It sucks at the time but once it's done you realize it wasn't that bad and you do get a lot of benefits out of it if you take the time to look and don't blow all your paychecks like the normies
>>
>>36734459
Obvious things like.. scars/surgical scars? If you think you can come up with a convincing story then do that, if not get records detailing the history of that obvious thjng (I.e scar/surgeries). The military will only have records pertaining to what YOU give them. Say no have no mental issues, don't hand them your medical records and for all they know you are of sound mind
>>
>>36734416
If you're going 68G then nursing. It'll give you a fallback out of the military and if you wanna continue you can become an officer.
>>
>>36734536
Yes it is a scar on my chest like 5 inches long and raised. I will probably get that cleared and then just lie about everything else. Even if I get nervous all I have to say is "no" right? That doesn't seem to hard.
>>
>>36732483
>49k at entry with benefits & pension
Doesn't sound that bad tbqh
>>
>>36734841
Yep. Just say no. You are the best fucking potential recruit; just say no (unless it's something obvious like a scar or something)
>>
>dying for the Jews/politicians/etc
How about dying in general? That is not the best
Thread posts: 94
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.