[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone here cook? I've been trying to learn how to

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

File: 1483454140201.jpg (185KB, 1300x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1483454140201.jpg
185KB, 1300x1200px
Does anyone here cook?

I've been trying to learn how to cook recently and was wondering if we all can share some recipes. I was forced to cook now because I finally moved out of my parents place at the age of 25. Would be great to hear some tips and easy recipes.

Stuff I recently learned how to cook.

>chicken
Get chicken from super market
put wet sauce on it ( I like honey bbq)
cook in oven for 30 minutes at 400

>pizza
get pizza dough, tomato paste,olive oil and shredded cheese
stretch the dough out and place in tin
add sauce first then add cheese untop
put a little olive oil over it
cook in oven for 10 minutes at 450

>chili
get ground beef, beans,green pepper,onion,tomatoe paste, chili powder
brown ground beef on stove top
dice up green pepper and onion
add the beef,green pepper,onion , beans, tomato paste, and chili powder in a pot and cook on low heat for 4 hours
add corn flour to thicken it and hot sauce to flavor
>>
>>36730727
I started cook breakfast and supper by 8.
Jesus read a book.
>>
Pulled pork is easy and delicious. Salt some chops/loin then brown it at medium high heat. Pour beer/water/broth/all three till it covers the meat. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium low. Throw any random spices in the brine while you wait for to come to a boil(use discretion). Wait a couple hours then poke it with a fork to see if its enough to pull apart easily. Squirt bbq on it while pulling it. Throw on sandwich with pickles jalapenos fried mushrooms/onions cheese whatever.
>>
>>36730727
Cheap and filling. Spaghetti Aglio e olio.

Start to boil some salted water while thinly slicing anywhere from 3-6 large cloves of garlic. Water should be done boiling after slicing. Throw pasta in salted water and fill a small pan on medium to medium-low heat with standard olive oil. Throw in the thinly sliced garlic and as much red pepper flake as you want. Cook for as long as the pasta boils. It should almost turn golden brown and have a nutty smell. Drain pasta save for some pasta water to emulsify the sauce. Turn off the heat and place spaghetti with some pasta water in with the garlic oil. Stir everything together for about a minute to emulsify and serve warm on a plate. Some video recipes you'll find will add chopped parsley, parmesan cheese or a little bit of lemon juice but I think it's good as is. Only slightly expensive part of this recipe is a good quality olive oil that's not extra virgin.
>>
>>36731190
Fill with enough oil to just barely cover the bottom of the small pan.
>>
>grilled cheese
>eggs
>shortcake

Thats all I can do
>>
Learn to make pancakes, scrambled eggs, tuna bake, pasta, mashed potato, steamed veggies and chicken, steak, cookies and finally brownies.

Those are good starters which use cooking/baking methods for almost everything else you can think of and let you experiment. Making your own shit is also cheaper than tendies for example but you will have to put a little more effort in.
>>
>>36731190
I'd add parsley just for presentation purposes. Also would go amazing with shrimp.
>>
I'm actually not half-bad at pan frying meats.
>>
>>36730727
I can cook but I hate doing it and end up eating
>cereal, pb&j, chef boyardee, ramen, protein powder

you can make this though
>cubed beef
>tomato sauce
>sliced zukini
>cumin
>water
>>
oatmeal:
1 cup milk
1/2 cup rolled oats
high heat. Keep stirring and bring to a boil then let it simmer on medium for a few minutes until it's thick enough. Keep stirring so the milk doesn't burn. Add 1 tbsp of sugar, 1/2 tsb vanilla, 1 sliced or mashed banana and nuts.
>>
budgetbytes.com
>>
File: 1489509966431.jpg (41KB, 480x419px) Image search: [Google]
1489509966431.jpg
41KB, 480x419px
OP is the chicken frozen when you put it in the oven? Or do you let it melt first? Please answer I'm am trying to become better
>>
buy a kitchen scale, measure and time everything you cook. Do this for a while and you will never overcook or use too much/little of anything something again

>>36731469
let it thaw by either putting it in the fridge a few hours before or in a bowl of water in the sink for less than an hour.
>>
>>36731469
Melt first.

I either leave it out on the counter the night before to cook. Or take it out the freezer and place in the fridge if I know I'm gonna eat it during the week but not necessarily the next day.
>>
>>36731469
If you cut your chicken thin like tendies it will cook for 15 minutes at 325 perfectly.
>>
File: fefe.jpg (45KB, 450x470px) Image search: [Google]
fefe.jpg
45KB, 450x470px
>>36731190
>literally nothing but carbs and fat

Never gonna make it
>>
>>36731190
This sounds pretty good. Will be my next recipe. But gonna add shrimp to it.
>>
>>36730727
Here's a recipe for disaster

1*large saucepan

1*14/16's 30cm*4cm courgette, cut into rings, then the circles cut into Semi-Circle, those Semi-circles cut into quarters, those quarters bisected
1*17cm*3cm carrot, peeled on one side and stalk removed, cut into rings, those rings cut into thin, narrow wedges
1*14cm*3cm carrot, peeled and stalk removed
295ml boiling water
189*rice grains per person
45ml sunflower oil
23*red pieces of 0.4m yew berries (get a tree surgeon or gardener to remove the black seeds, which are toxic) (optional)
3*crushed 1.7cm garlic clove
1*crushed garlic clove, any size preceeding 4cm
1*half a yellow bell pepper, any size of a pepper that doesn't exceed the median size of a fully grown pepper from Holland,stalk removed first (preferred utensil could be a cake-knife) and roughly all of the seeds removed, cut into strips of an improvised size, and those stops cut into 0.68cm cubits
1*whole of a red bell pepper, any size of a pepper that doesn't exceed the median size of a fully grown pepper from Spain, stalk removed first (preferred utensil could be a cake-knife) and roughly all of the seeds removed, cut into strips of an improvised size, and those stops cut into 0.68cm cubits
1*4cm (in diameter of the largest arc that can be found inside the roughly spherical shape of the onion) head removed, root removed, sliced and diced

Put the oil in the pan and turn in the heat to the highest setting imaginable. If you're using an electric oven: turn the heat to 9. If you're using a log burner: enter this stage of food preparation only when logs have been burning on the fireplace for an hour. If you're using a gas stove: get rid of the gas oven and buy an electric oven and an extractor fan.

Add oil. When the first bubbles appear in oil: add onions. Stir the onions in a figure of eight, and retrieve any onions that are pushed to the side of the pan to the middle
Cont.
>>
File: dutch-oven.jpg (22KB, 495x371px) Image search: [Google]
dutch-oven.jpg
22KB, 495x371px
Making meat and vegetables in a dutch oven is amazingly easy and you only need to use one pot.
>Put meat in a pot
>Put small potatoes and carrots in the same pot
>Put about an inch of water in it
>Bake according to whatever meat you chose to use
You can put sauce or whatever on the meat if you want to. I do this with chicken breast and all kinds of roasts. Finding out how to cook this is probably the only reason I don't have diabetes.
>>
MOTHA FUCKIN
FUNERAL POTATOES

INGREDIENTS
>2lbshash browns
>1/2 Cupbutter
>2(10 3/4ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
>1pintsourcream
>1/2 teaspoonsalt >3/4 cuponion,chopped
>1tablespoonbutter
>2cups cheese,grated, firmly packed
>1 1/2cupscorn flakes,crushed
>4tablespoonsbutter,melted

DIRECTIONS
Saute onion in 1 tablespoon butter until translucent. Mix all ingredients, except cornflakes and 4 tablespoons butter, together. Put potato mixture into a 9x13 inch baking pan. Combine cornflakes and butter, and sprinkle evenly over top of casserole. Bake at 350 degrees F for 40-50 minutes or until heated and bubbly.

this actually makes a lot though so if youre alone halve or even quarter the recipe. its pretty easy as its a basic casserole and its super yummy.
>>
>>36731757
How much did you pay for your dutch oven and is it a decent quality?
>>
>>36731757
More dutch oven recipes plz. I have one that is just sitting untop of my stove and never used it let.
>>
>>36731469
I always cook my chicken breasts from frozen.
450 degrees for 50 minutes.
I don't know if it needs to be in a dutch oven but that's how I always do it and it comes out perfectly cooked every time.
>>
File: flavortown.jpg (312KB, 1500x1125px) Image search: [Google]
flavortown.jpg
312KB, 1500x1125px
I like CURRY because it is tasty, filling and allows for experimentation! I make mine vegan so it is also healthy and cruelty free! (You can stick meat in it if you want)

Heat some oil in a pan with a pinch of tumeric and some black pepper, fry some chopped onion and garlic, then add spinach.

once that is done add chopped tomatoes, coconut milk, chickpeas, broccoli and sweet potato, and a few cashew nuts. (you might want to pre boil the broccoli and sweet potato but you can get away with just chopping it up and simmering - that way keeps in the flavor)

add your spices, I just use curry powder, cumin, a touch of ginger and cinnamon powder and just whatever else you think will taste good, and a squeeze of lemon or lime.

leave to simmer, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is niiice and thiccc

serve with rice or roti, naan or whatever you like!

Usually makes a huge portion so you can put it in some tupperware and save it for tomorrows lunch, if you are just cooking for yourself you could stretch it out a few days. usually costs fuck all because vegitables are cheap!

Happy eating OP, cooking for yourself is the way to go, you save money and over time just get better and better at it until you're making all the kushty shit your heart desires
>>
File: pot.jpg (104KB, 1024x559px) Image search: [Google]
pot.jpg
104KB, 1024x559px
>>36731817
The one I have is actually more like this, but smaller. Mine cost $30 at a department store. It's pretty good but I usually need to line it with tinfoil because everything sticks to it. The ceramic ones like the pic I originally posted are usually around $60 when I see them at the store, and they're probably better but I've been using this metal one and it's fine.
>>36731860
I don't really know any other recipes besides just cooking meat and vegetables in it, sorry. My dad likes to cook canned beans in them and they come out way better than just heating them on top of the stove. That's all I can think of.
>>
File: gredients.jpg (166KB, 1341x597px) Image search: [Google]
gredients.jpg
166KB, 1341x597px
If you want something ultra simple and easy:

CORNED BEEF HASH

Get a oven dish, fill it with the tinned potatoes and corned beef, add some tomato puree.

pop it in the oven for 30-40 mins and you're done.

if you're feeling fancy chuck some herbs and shit in too.

Comfy as fuck.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.