[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>accounting students make fun of me for being a poli sci major

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: download (1).jpg (46KB, 288x358px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
46KB, 288x358px
>accounting students make fun of me for being a poli sci major
>15 years from now, I'll have a job and they'll be replaced my robots
I don't get it.
>>
better than being jobless right out of college. we're all fucked OP, let's just laugh at the flames together instead of shitpick at who is getting burned first
>>
>>36730331
implying you wont be replaced by robots either
>>
They're thinking more in the present. You're clearly thinking about the future. In the present, they have jobs yet to be automated. Plus I noticed when it comes to journalism/liberal arts/any kind of art/music degree/poliSci/non-STEM majors, they tend to make less money. Many people see college as this really expensive thing
(which it is) and thus see majors that aren't STEM/business/finance/accounting etc etc as something with little payoff considering the massive amount of debt some students rack (+30k some even grad with 100k+ in student loans). I personally am a CS grad who makes music on the side. I could have chosen to major in music but I lack faith in being able to make a decent living off of it. So why put all my eggs in the same basket
>>
>>36730331
Who cares you are both evil.
>>
Please don't use my waifu as the OP image on such shit threads in future. Thank you.
>>
>>36730600
>use my waifu as the OP image on such shit threads in future. Thank you.
You're welcome.
>>
>Not getting a job as a 2D idol.
Not only are you failing at life, you're not even trying.
>>
>>36731010
I'm sorry that the job market for 2D idols is discriminatory against 25 year old men.
>>
>>36730331
OP what do you think an accountant does? Be honest and don't google it please. I hear this a lot (that accounting will be totally automated in the future) but, as an accounting major, speaking from a point of sincerity and (I hope) without irrational defense of my major, I just don't see certain aspects of accounting being automated without extreme advances in AI.
>>
>>36730331
>Polsci mayor
>not wanting to use his knowledge of subversion and manipulation to make the world a shittier place for normies
>>
>>36730331

I dont get it either Anon, you have a whole 15 years to find a real profession.
>>
>>36731194
Explica por favor
>>
>>36731741
I would say, the average person's conception of an accountant is a bookkeeper. This is the most entry-level/basic role an accountant can play. It involves making journal entries for small concerns, entries that are relatively straight forward. It is basic financial accounting.

Above this, accounting deviates into three or four spheres, depending on how you look at it. Financial accounting, taxation, and cost accounting. I would say there is a fourth if you include auditing as its own sphere, but it can be considered a function/role of all of the other fields of accounting.

Advanced financial accounting is not about making straightforward journal entries for simple transactions. It, counter to the public perception, involves a great deal of judgement to adhere to standards and choose accounting principles to apply within a business. For example, investments can fit into three different classifications: trading security, available-for-sale security, and held-to-maturity. These classifications are based on intention of the holding party, intention that is obviously subjective; but that intention and the classification translate to differences in how the investments would be reported. If you want, you can look at a 10-K for some publicly traded firm and see exactly how they classify their investments among a lot of other items.

Ultimately, what I'm trying to say from this, is that accounting requires judgement much more than most people think, and that judgement has serious effects on how financial statements will be presented. Unless technology develops to the point where some artificial intelligence can critically think sufficiently enough, many jobs in accounting will be untouched, as the example I gave holds for all accounting fields.
Hope this helps.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.