[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If i permanently delete my facebook account, will all the stupid

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: watermelon.jpg (50KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
watermelon.jpg
50KB, 1200x630px
If i permanently delete my facebook account, will all the stupid comments i've left over the years disappear too?
even the ones i posted onto other websites, via facebook?
i dont want to have to go through and individually delete every comment
>>
File: scope.jpg (25KB, 560x374px) Image search: [Google]
scope.jpg
25KB, 560x374px
Of course not. What has been said will remain forever; such is the nature of the internet. Do not attempt to change the past. You have to live with how things are.
>>
>>36728606
i know they'll probably still be stored somewhere, but will they disappear off the posts and the websites?
>>
>>36728712
Well, you have to make the distinction of whether you are deleting or deactivating your account. Deletion is the more effective route. But yes, on the surface these things will from view, though they will doubtless remain in a behemoth data center.
>>
>>36728774
ok, so deletion will even take them off of other websites that i used my account to comment on?
>>
>>36728508
The comments will remain, but your name will disappear from them.
Any screenshots will last, however.
>>
>>36728814
>The comments will remain
on both the facebook posts and other websites?
>>
>>36728884
Yes. That's how it works, essentially.
>>
>>36728953
ok, well im getting conflicting information in this thread
i hope the other guy is right because i'd rather the comment not even be visible even if my name is gone
>>
How do we get it deleted instead of deactivated?
>>
>>36728992
It leaves your comment but removes your name and picture
>>
>>36729145
so the guy earlier itt is wrong?
>>
did you reveal your power level too much on these comments?
>>
>>36729176
Hi, I'm that guy. I'm not wrong about the comments. If you have been conversing with message conversations, though, those will remain in the person who you sent them to's inbox, though your profile will no longer be attached to them. Also, I think that you remain in your friend's friend list but it will only be a listing of your name: no link or profile picture will be available. It really is confusing because of how bloated and poorly documented Facebook is.

Your stuff will be invisible!
>>
>>36729390
so just to be clear, my comments on other websites made with my facebok account, those comments will now be invisible?

and i want to believe you. have you done this before? or do you have a source?
>>
>>36729343
He was probably some basement dwelling NEET who finally grew up and is applying for a job and now has to erase all his female sex slave MGTOW comments so his boss doesn't see them.
>>
>>36729491
Yes, those comments will be invisible and not outwardly attributed to you anymore. Also note that your account isn't immediately deleted; it is first deactivated then deleted after a 14 day period.

Here, look at this page for information about how Facebook handles your data
http://www.europe-v-facebook.org/EN/Data_Pool/data_pool.html
>>
When I deleted my facebook my comments went away too and people looks like they were talking to themselves. This was before you could "reply" to people though
>>
>>36729689
thanks for the help phampai
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.