[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MBTI IS STUPID STOP FUCKING TALKING ABOUT IT IT'S DUMB

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 14

File: 1488914232961.jpg (35KB, 512x411px) Image search: [Google]
1488914232961.jpg
35KB, 512x411px
MBTI IS STUPID

STOP FUCKING TALKING ABOUT IT

IT'S DUMB

IT'S DUUUUUUUUUUMB

IT'S
DUMB

YOU ARE DUMB IF YOU LIKE IT

STOP POSTING ABOUT MBTI ON THIS BOARD

STOP
>>
I agree, OP. It's basically just horoscopes for "smart" people
>>
What nice arguments anon. I'll give you some to counterweight them.

MBTI IS TRUE

STOP FUCKING SHITTING ON IT

IT'S TRUE

IT'S TRUUUUUUUUUUE

IT'S
TRUE

YOU ARE SMART IF YOU LIKE IT

POST MORE ABOUT MBTI ON THIS BOARD

You sound like a child, anon. Oh wait, I forgot where am I...
>>36723194
>It's basically just horoscopes for "smart" people
I agree on the part that it's speculative in it's nature and only 1 out of 25 words for my type made me go "wow, that's about me"
Trying to stuff in there as much general expressions and characteristics.
Though, unlike horlscope it's at least based on some test, not some sky magic, lol.
>>
>>36723147
low tier type spotted

INTP reporting in
>>
How is it dumb

It's a well organized categorization of typical answers.

Yes you can answer whatever you like and make it say whatever you like. If you're answering it honestly thought then it's accurate. I've taken it many times thinking "oh shit I'll probably get some fucked up result not relating to me" and still INTP every damn time
>>
>>36723194
This. A lot of things it said about me weren't correct. It's just fucking horoscopes.
>>
pancakespancakespancakes all you ever talk about is pancakes
>>
File: file.png (48KB, 500x332px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
48KB, 500x332px
>>36723147
Liked, commented and subscribed.
I have done MBTI three different times and got three different answers. It's just a bunch of astrology horse shit and I don't want to see it all over the fucking board.
>>
>>36723583
Wow, shit posting is real in this thread
>>
>>36723147
mbti is for people that are so boring that they need to have a 20 question test tell them how they've acted their entire life
>>
Big Five is the most widely accepted personality test and nobody on /r9k/ does it because they don't get a magic meme letter sequence they can spam all over threads.
>>
>>36723570
Then you didn't answer correctly.

What it does is is summarize your answers. That's it. If you answer like Chad then you'll get Chad type. If you try to answer honestly and still don't believe it's correct either you're not accepting certain things about yourself or you just don't actually know yourself very well.
>>
>>36723691

I get INFP no matter how hard i bend the truth. Maybe you just arent very self aware/have trouble understanding the questions.
>>
>>36723943
I can read the goddamned questions. I answered correctly.
>>
>>36724032
Then you'd get consistent results that match you. You either are wrong about certain aspects of yourself (you answer based on a skewed view of yourself, but then you recognize the skew when reworded as a more general summary) or you are just lying to yourself about the results. It can't magically say you're social and shut when you answer that you aren't. Its a summery of your answers. It's a reflection of your answers.
>>
>>36724032

Okay, so lets say theres a question that says "I enjoy positing unrelated ideas to see what new combination they offer" and then you can either agree or disagree, how do you answer and why?
>>
>>36723973
I don't know about self awareness but I don't think anyone who takes this shit seriously is self aware. No trouble understanding though but they are stupidly vague.
The other think is I have no idea what the stupid fucking letters mean? What the fuck is the difference between an INTP and and ENTP?
>>
>>36723147
lol shut up baby girl.
INTP tfw too intelligent
>>
>>36724174

Youre complaining that we take this shit super seriously (we dont, its just fun), but you make several posts about it without even trying to understand how it works?

Do you not see the problem??
>>
File: image.jpg (225KB, 750x746px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
225KB, 750x746px
>>36723320
are you fucking kidding me

if you look at the history of how those tests were developed it's basically pseudoscience

some semi-educated cunts based this off of Jung's theory and created an entire industry of pseudoscience and somehow marketed it off to bullshit agencies and used for interviews

you're the child
>>
I think it's a well put together model. No model is absolute and without flaws, but I find it interesting and fun.

Stop getting upset over stupid shit.
>>
>>36724174

And to add on, the letter codes represent your favored cognitive funtions between extroverted/introverted sensing, feeling, thinking and intuiting. These are just basic input response factors symbolised as Ni, Ne/Fi, fe/si, se/ti, te. These are grouped in order of preference the reflected as your "type".
>>
Agreed, MBTI is stupid. If you want something actually meaningful, look at the big 5 personality traits not muh fee fee traits
>>
>>36724312

Big 5 pretty cleanly correlates to mbti. For instance, Infps almost always get Scuai or sluai on the big 5 sloan thing.
>>
>>36724312
The big five just isn't entertaining enough for people to care about it, it doesn't make them feel special.

>Question: Are you agreeable?
>Answer yes
>Results: You are agreeable!
>>
>>36724220
There have been recent studies that suggest correlation between types and certain acitivies in the brain. For instance, an ISFP uses a lot of process in the occipital lobe because they are visual people who visualize what they want to make in their brain which is why a lot are drawn to the arts, woodworking, and architecture whereas an ENTJ uses a lot of frontal lobe processes because they do a lot of long term planning.

Sure, it's probably more complex than 16 types and I'm sure brains adapt to certain environments and aren't completely pre hard wired, but it's not a terrible model.
>>
>>36723147
INTP reporting in

i agree
>>
>>36724328
The correlations are crap. MBTI was created from speculation. The big 5 were created by finding answer groupings statistically. The groupings in the big 5 relate to neurological systems, where as most MBTI traits don't
>>
>>36724397

16 types gives mbti a severely bad rap. It took the flowery prose shtick too far and people focused on the least informative aspects of the tests. I like that keys2cognition one some kind robot gave me.
>>
>>36724425

We're dismissing strong correlations again? Sweet, where are my cigarettes?
>>
>>36724204
I have actually tried to understand it.
>haha we don't take it seriously why are you taking it seriously
Two posts isn't me taking it seriously.
>>36724293
Yeh but what does ni, fi, etc mean?
>>
>>36723147
But it's fun. (oregano post)
>>
>>36724451
The one very strong correlation between extroversion on the MBTI and extroversion on the big 5? Sure. The other correlations are very weak
>>
>>36724453

Ni= introverted intuition, ne = extroverted intuition and so on for sensing feeling and thinking. Again, its loose, but it has enough correlations and observable, external attatchments to make it fun. Least for me.
>>
>>36724397
That's akin to how psychology used to talk about we all have different learning styles, i.e. 'visual learner' and all that crap.

Do you have the actual paper? Cite it.

16 archetypes are baseless and yet 'neat' enough for laymen to lap it up and obsess over it. Big 5 on the other hand is much more well researched and documented.

MBTI needs to die.
>>
>>36724497

I meant more that the big 5 tests that tries to do a predictive assessment for your jung type is right more often then wrong. You go find out your sloan, backtrace it to the type you sure you are and see how many people it lines up correctly for. We have lots of posts about this.
>>
>>36724431
Agreed. I can't wholeheartedly defend everything associated with MBTI, but I don't see the point in dismissing it with regurgiated low quality insults.

Obviously there's a difference in personalities between each Bruce Lee, Donald Trump, Niels Bohr, and Saint Theresa. To say that an endeavor to come up with a model that classifies and predicts these differences is stupid and childish is toxic as fuck.
>>
>>36724576
citation needed.
Even if it does correlate somewhat, you may as well use the one grounded in statistics and psychology rather than muh guess, as that actually measures the correct thing.
>>
File: 1493494990164.jpg (159KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1493494990164.jpg
159KB, 1920x1080px
>>36723147
people in MBTI thread link the wikipedia article on it

in the very article which also lays out criticism of MBTI and it's limitations, yet there are people here on this very website who believe they can shape by their personalities by some online test which entirely depends on how you feel that day

sit down and think about that, people are reprogramming themselves to fit some silly 4 letter label they desperately want to be real
>>
>>36724680

I dont have a citation because i honestly dont give a shit if im wrong about online tests, my original thought on this thread is just ignore things you think are trivial.

I think its either keys2cognition, personalitypages or one of the not 16personalities sites that has a test that takes your big five then suggests your mbti. Maybe another robot in here has it. It spat me out an SCUAI and told me i was probably an infp. Sure enough, all the dedicated mbti sites give me the same.

It seems like the only people concerned about proving this shit right or wrong are people who dont get any pleasure out of it. Just hide the threads. We arent claiming to be shamen or proper psychologists.
>>
>>36723147
Word. Even IQ crap pisses me off though. In current year we should have better tests of intellgence. The whole Internet and all of these tools and it's SSDD.
>>
It attracts the worst kind of people. This fad needs to die.
>>
>>36724514
>That's akin to how psychology used to talk about we all have different learning styles, i.e. 'visual learner' and all that crap.

They talked about this because there was a lot of evidence for it. For instance, I'm trained in Mathematics and Physics, but I'm a visual learner. Every time I encounter a problem, the first thing I do is draw it out. Back in high school, every time I encountered a new function, I'd draw it out. Seeing how y = 1/x looks on a graph always helped me understand what was going on. Even as things became more and more abstract, drawing things helped me understand what was going on because my intuition wraps around visual things much easier. However, I have encountered many peers and students who learn things differently. Perhaps what I'm saying is, if you go into the world, you'll realize that there are differences between things and people, and making categories and models to organize this information is something people in every field of endeavor strive for.

As for citations, use google scholar for myers briggs and brain scans and do your own search. I did the same and found a few papers, but I know your type and I know there is no paper that would satisfy you.
>>
Here's my type:
>faithless/moraless
>hedonistic/lazy commie
>articulate/pretentious
>dweeb/only knows fun 'useless' things
That describes me pretty well and no test means more than that.
>religious/spirituality
>political and moral compass
>how intellgient you behave
>what you can actually do IRL
My test is better but has no tests. Further research needed.
>>
ignore their circlejerking and hide them
not that hard
>>
>>36724952

You dont gotta make assumptions about the guy, his questions are reasonable.

Im just confused that people want mbti threads gone in a board awash in despair, genderbending and violence.
>>
>>36723570
It's called an indicator not a 100%-accurate-result-guaranteed-or.
>>
File: 1466914736964.png (2MB, 1180x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1466914736964.png
2MB, 1180x1500px
>>36725022
>cucking yourself with censorship
If there's something wrong you should know about it, rather than let it grow stop it.
>>
>>36725127

You are not this board and vice versa. You put way to much stock in this shithole.
>>
>>36725036
I'll say it. It's for people that don't know themselves. People that are weak minded and could easily be controlled by a psych major. People that can't adapt, also.
>>
File: 1474210291382.jpg (14KB, 225x234px) Image search: [Google]
1474210291382.jpg
14KB, 225x234px
>>36725155
>someone is being a faggot
>ignore them until they go away
>everything is fine now
>>
>>36725232

>Be on a shitty image board
>Browse past a gore thread, a racism thread, and a tranny thread
>Having a problem with people being faggy

Youre just an assmad teenager. Relax for once.
>>
File: futurama_1_9_14.jpg (13KB, 390x312px) Image search: [Google]
futurama_1_9_14.jpg
13KB, 390x312px
>>36725163
>I'll say it.
Why do you preface a post with this? It's redundant. Stop trying to mirror the idiosyncrasies of some character in a movie or television show.

As for the rest of your post, your assumptions suck. It's also for people who enjoy writing and enjoy making characters based off a loose description of character qualities. Personally, I know more about MBTI than most, but I honestly don't adhere to a single type. It's entertaining to put on different masks, and I think it and other models provide some interesting masks. It isn't an exhaustive list of masks by any means, but it's a list nonetheless.
>>
MBTI is really accurate and I got the same result the 3 different times I took it.
I trust it and it's not pseudo science or anything like that. I say this as a stem major
>>
>>36725163
>for people who don't know themselves
Problem is some people who have low levels of or inaccurate self-perception might answer their first MBTI questionnaire based on how they WANT themselves to be, not how they actually naturally behave.

There's potentially a lot of room for self-serving biases. MBTI often come up when teenagers are trying to find their place in the world, or when companies use this as a legitimate test for compatibility in their workplace.

MBTI is potentially more harmful to youngsters than helpful trying to find out more about themselves. Arguably, just a minute or two of introspection would probably do the trick. MBTI could make people box themselves in to fit into a certain type, and start to exaggerate behaviours that are purported to be fitting according to their type.

I stand by my point. MBTI needs to GO AWAY
>>
>>36725346

I shouldnt have a good time shitposting over a fun little test because teenagers might act stupidly? Thats your reasoning?
>>
>>36725346
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RybNI0KB1bg

This is you.
>>
>>36725388
>>36725399

I'm not OP and I don't give a fucking shit about kids. It just annoys me companies are actually making money off this by marketing MBTI as a legitimate test and make people pay to do the test.

People also associates MBTI with psychology. This is almost insulting as mainstream psychology already rejects it as pseudoscience.

t. psychology major
>>
>>36725471

Go confront the companies you have a problem with instead of sperging about a fucking general thread on the fourth worst board on an already shitty website for shitty people.
>>
>>36725471
So the solution is to treat everyone like a special snowflake because all their personalities are unique?
Well they're not. People fit into certain groups.
>>
>>36725335
Because no one ever points out the problem. It's pointless if you've ever sat down and reflected. It's insulting to your intelligence to say, that you don't even know yourself. It's the elephant in the room. That phrase is a sublte elephant in the room kinda phrase. And we all talk like movie stars, normies in real life don't say much clever at all. They just shout yolo then wonder what they should do career wise and then take that test after years of reacting rather than stopping and actually thinking about your life. And if you are versatile with your intellectual abilities, it'd not matter what your brain prefers, only what it can do, so the test is pointless unless you are practically worthless of which makes it pointless to take if you are, worthless.
>>36725299
28. Get off of my board normalfaggot.
>>36725346
Yes they need to leave.
>>36725471
>wanting to get paid to make people sicker with jewish drugs

You're planning on being around people in pain for money. You're like a prison guard, and they're never nice. For that reason no one with any sense cares about pych majors.
>>
>>36725538

Ive been arguing for the mbti hreads but your fucking unrelated strawman and namecode made me rethink myself. Thanks for the filter addition.
>>
>>36725537
>go confront companies
okay.

>>36725538
lol way to misinterpret my point.
All i'm saying is that MBTI is an inferior method to gauge personalities. If you actually want to learn more about yourself you'd use Big 5.

I find it hard to take people seriously if they list their MBTI type on their fucking twitter bio.
>>
>>36725568
>Get off my board

Lol no. Ive been here on and off since 08ish. Not going anywhere.
>>
>>36723781
Yes they do, but it doesn't matter as most big5 results correlate with MBTI
>>
>>36725608

My point wasnt that you should confront the companies but that its silly to rail against a handful of harmless bots. Youre inefficiently directing your bullshit at something totally inconsequential to the quality of this board and the general concerns you have about the test overall.
>>
File: 1467456818134.jpg (98KB, 634x603px) Image search: [Google]
1467456818134.jpg
98KB, 634x603px
>>36725650
>08
>everyone agrees that web went to shit at 07
>>
>>36725608
big 5 isn't as accessible.
>>
>>36725693
i mean, i wasn't exactly rallying against bots. Just want more people to be aware of this. Sorry (not sorry) if you're annoyed by my rant.

Again, i'm not actually OP.

Go on and talk about your MBTI types and join shitty skype group chats for all l care. I actually met a few lifelong friends with this.
>>
>>36725726

Ive been on r9k since 08 because thats when the board was made.
>>
>>36725769

Oh then we dont even have a disagreement. Peace dog.
>>
File: 1493691216292.jpg (40KB, 500x540px) Image search: [Google]
1493691216292.jpg
40KB, 500x540px
>>36725774
The original posters are not what this board became faggot.
>>
>>36725853

You were the person they would have told to GTFO back then and like me someone else will tell you to gtfo too. Thats why telling me to leave isnt really an intelligent reaction. Youre just grasping for anything to say.
>>
File: 1472916208522.jpg (80KB, 800x733px) Image search: [Google]
1472916208522.jpg
80KB, 800x733px
>>36725912
No matter what you say you're a normalfaggot and need to leave for being okay with censorship and just being yourself around people you don't like and le ignoring them.
>>
The problem with MBTI is that any self-test is inherently flawed. It completely depends on how you feel that day, the context of the situations you believe you are good or bad in, and an expectation of extreme self-awareness. I take myself as a guy who can look at myself much more objectively in both good and bad ways compared to most people here and most people in real life and even my MBTI fluctuates like crazy between INTJ, ENTJ, INTP, etc. That's why so many people end up being IXXX who take it but why EXXX is apparently the norm, even completely normal outgoing people.
>>
File: 1493508071467.jpg (100KB, 1125x846px) Image search: [Google]
1493508071467.jpg
100KB, 1125x846px
ITT: A bunch of fedora-tier 'intellectuals' desperately try to defend pseudo psychology for no reason

Only weak people who are unsure of themselves want to be defined by a mbti or big5.
>>
>>36725983

Theres no censorship going on, your pet peeve just isnt disappearing.
>>
>>36726031
>big5
leave big5 out of this
>>
File: 1462521948997.jpg (36KB, 212x218px) Image search: [Google]
1462521948997.jpg
36KB, 212x218px
>>36726040
>being pro censorship
>saying that there is no censorship
>worrying about lack of free thought is a pet peeve
>>
>>36726368

Care to explain how the MBTI threads encourage censorship as opposed to autists trying to get them deleted?
>>
File: 1467180182915.jpg (152KB, 490x480px) Image search: [Google]
1467180182915.jpg
152KB, 490x480px
>>36726550
>get them deleted
No one said that you lil' bitch. We're calling them out as faggots you moron, that way they might stop on their own, or troll harder until it gets old.

If you were being retarded wouldn't you want someone to tell you?
>>
>>36725677
And what exactly do you mean when you say that? Offer proof as well. Jordan Peterson has repeatedly criticized MBTI and to think that you know more than he does on this field is absurd.
>>
>discord 4kx9kWV
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.