[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Slowly becoming worried about the gf's anxiety issues.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: molten.jpg (102KB, 646x960px)
molten.jpg
102KB, 646x960px
Slowly becoming worried about the gf's anxiety issues.

She's always been very anxious and keeps apologising about everything. Half the time I'm not sure what she's apologising for, she takes every comment or reaction as potentially negative and immediately apologises. At the slightest hint of negative reaction (real or imagined) she'll keep apologising and asking if I'm not angry for the rest of the day, even though I'm a laid back guy and pretty much never get angry.

Recently it got so bad that she's been running her every communication (work e-mails, texts to her mum...) and damn near every life decision by me to make sure she's not causing offence. One time I genuinely didn't have the time to give my okay to an e-mail to her boss asking for some clarification about some stuff and she spent the weekend crying about being a bother to me and being useless.

Any hints on how to put her at ease?
>>
iktf buddy. except I get mad after a while if she won't believe me when I say that it's allright and then we start fighting for a few days. haven't got it figured out yet
>>
>>36718051
maybe have her read feeling good by david burns and do the exercises in it. it's basically diy cognitive behavioral therapy. you can find a pdf of it on google.
>>
>>36718051
>gf
Fuck off this board you dumb ass nigger nobody wants you normies here!
>>
File: 1490633470904.jpg (8KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
1490633470904.jpg
8KB, 236x236px
>>36718051
>the gf's
>>36718067
>iktf buddy.

this is what r9k is now.
>>
>>36718051
"Interrogate" her, it should be sudden, unscheduled so she won't have time to over analyze it (so no "we need to talk")
Make sure the place where the conversation takes place is comfy and friendly
Ask her what makes her think that what she's doing is incorrect
Tell her she should open up, to trust you, she's just a human like you are, there's nothing wrong with that
etc

Try to put yourself in her shoes, to think from her perspective so you can ask the right questions
>>
>>36718051
>spent the weekend crying about being a bother to me and being useless.
On this point, ask her favors, ask for help from her, things that you cannot do alone, it would be hard to do alone, or otherwise it would be time consuming
Comment things like "Thanks, this would've took the entire day alone" or something along these lines, things that makes her role essential in the accomplished task
>>
>>36718051
>Any hints on how to put her at ease?
Have you tried yelling at her to stop being so anxious?
>>
>>36718927
Sounds like a plan.

>>36718760
I am not very good at this sort of heart-to-heart talk stuff to be honest. When I ask her why she thinks she's done something wrong or try to shed any light on her reasons she gets very uncomfortable, says she doesn't know, "you know I'm always like this", and apologises profusely.

As far as I could gather it has roots in her parents being very demanding and critical of her growing up, but that's not very helpful in the here and now.

>>36718812
I think I'm being reasonably appreciative of her on a day-to-day basis but maybe I really should focus on that more, thanks.

>>36718641
I'll have a look at that, thanks.

>>36718716
>>36718707
Don't worry Anons I believe in you.
>>
>>36718051
She blames you for feeling this way. Every time she acts out in this way, you are failing to reassure her, and she's internally becoming resentful. She's annoyed you haven't blown up at her yet as an excuse for her to dump you. She's trying really hard to get you to blow up. Soon out of nowhere she will be totally cold and angry.
>>
>>36718051
Ignore her requests completely. When she apologizes, give no reaction. When she asks why you've gone cold, say you've been focusing on yourself and your happiness. She'll blow up in your face probably but just remain stoic. Smile gently. If she's trying to leave you, this will be her out. If she's just mentally ill, she'll see your stoicism as strength and it will endear her to you.

The main thing you need to do is stop being her source of reassurement. It's a huge waste of your time and energy.
>>
>>36720818
I am enjoying our relationship though and she really isn't much of a bother or time waster from an objective point of view. I am more worried about her rather than bothered by her actions.

>>36720150
What's your reasoning behind that? She seems like a sweet girl and she's been generally apolegetic in a similar way to most people since before we started dating, it's not just with me.
>>
>>36721043
>she seems like a sweet girl

Just you wait anon. Just you wait.
>>
>>36718051
She can't even email her boss without running it by you?

Is this some bdsm shit? How are the alarm bells not going off
>>
File: lucoa4.png (426KB, 954x720px) Image search: [Google]
lucoa4.png
426KB, 954x720px
>>36718051
>gf
Slowly becoming worried about the normalfags posting on 4chan.
>>
>>36721274
It started when she was getting a new job a few months ago and had me coach her for the job interview. Then in the couple of weeks before starting in the new job proper she was in communication with her boss and the rest of her future team over e-mail and wanted to make a good impression so she ran her e-mails by me and it sort of continued later.

Usually she just sends me some e-mail she intends to send and asks me if I think it's okay, I give it a glimpse and say it's fine; not exactly a lot of effort on my part.
>>
>>36721568
That makes a little more sense I guess. How's the sex?
>>
>>36721858
It's really good desu. She's into cucking, which was weird for me at first, but masturbating to her fucking other dudes is better than any sex I've had.
>>
OP here, I stopped hitting her weeks so it's not that
>>
>>36721858
The sex is fine, we both enjoy it as far as I can tell and she isn't particularly anxious about it.

>>36721915
>>36721875
Not me.
>>
>>36722098
How did you guys meet? How many other guys has she been with?
>>
>>36722190
We met on plenty of fish and she's been with 8 other guys.
>>
>>36722289
>pof
what are you, 40?

>8 guys
how old is she dude??

Good luck with that shit
>>
>>36722190
She's the cousin of a former course mate of mine who decided to 'hook us up' at a party and it worked out.

She's been with two other guys before but she's s been alone for three years when we met.

She was 23 and I was 27 when we first met some 18 months ago, we went out together a week later and we've been together ever since.
>>
>>36722316
Not me, again >>36722289
>>
>>36718051
Is it just me or does the picture look like charred bodies being sucked down into hell?
>>
>>36722416
Not me, despite the odd realism of the post

We met on Omegle and she was a virgin.
>>
>>36718051
be more dominant
get off my board
>>
>>36722463
I hear that's what sinners see when they look at it.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.