[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>retail is dying thanks to Amazon >self-serve fast food

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: wagie.jpg (46KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
wagie.jpg
46KB, 450x300px
>retail is dying thanks to Amazon
>self-serve fast food incoming
>self-driving cars incoming

How are robots supposed to escape NEET-hood if all the no skill jobs are going to be gone soon?
>>
I dunno what the average intelligence of a robot would be, but most seem fairly smart, just misguided. If you have the time, you could do training for a year or more for a more skilled job. Keeping no skill jobs around just so people have jobs isn't a good thing, and most likely everything will eventually be fully automated including doctors, farmers, things like that. Also UBI/welfare while you train for a job. It's better to let people decide what they want to do instead of being forced into a low skill job, since most people would eventually just get tired of doing nothing/not contributing if they eventually realize and feel like society is worth contributing to.
>>
>>36717477
what's a good skill to learn
>>
>>36718037
building robots probably
>>
File: 263465296965271553.png (22KB, 128x123px) Image search: [Google]
263465296965271553.png
22KB, 128x123px
>>36717477
>He fell for the "geeks are smart" meme
>>
You get a job like everyone else. If other people can get one then you can too
>>
>>36718223
>Jobs are becoming less available
>Just get a job
???
>>
File: smugwojak4v2.png (32KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
smugwojak4v2.png
32KB, 640x400px
>>36717409
This is nothing to escape.
>>
File: 1493370460818.png (19KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
1493370460818.png
19KB, 300x250px
>>36717409
>retail is dying thanks to Amazon
To an extent, but you'll always have shit retail jobs since normalfags usually want their shit right now instead of tomorrow.
>self-serve fast food incoming
Yeah, and with that comes maintenance jobs related to that shit. Plus, you're still going to have to have someone on stand-by for when some retard makes a mistake or needs help beyond the help menus with the computer. You underestimate the retardation of normalfags, old people, and minorities. Plus it's not yet as cost effective to build all that automated shit versus paying a dumb fuck minimum wage to flip patties and take orders.
>self-driving cars incoming
I guess this would eliminate Ubers and shit like that, but I feel that we'd be further away from this than the other things you mentioned. It'd take a lot of time for people to come around to the idea of not being in control of their vehicles the way they are now.
>thanks to automated cars, I can fap on the way home from uni while thinking about those Stacey's wearing their revealing outfits
Fuck that would be nice.
>>
people don't understand the concept of humanity.

people think every single person at any given time can be economically useful.
there's so many disabled, handicap, elderly, children.
the point is, not everyone can work and this was never intended.
>>
>>36719015
doesn't stop society from kicking at those who can't work
>>
>>36718585

Specialize in something that won't be taken over by robots
>>
>>36717409
everyone else is going to have to get used to their new NEET-hood, assuming humanity lives another 50 years, you're ahead of the game
>>
>>36717409
there will be a mandatory living wage soon. the androids will oversee operations jobs for those who are unworthy/unable. jobs will become a more elite thing which will create scarcity and desire for more young people to work
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.