[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>hi I'd like to drop off a resume, can I speak with a

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 5

>hi I'd like to drop off a resume, can I speak with a manager?
>"sorry bro you gotta apply online"
>go online
>unable to apply either because the option isn't available or because I can't navigate their website (or figure out which one is theirs

Anyone else trying to find a job?
>>
>>36710073
>because I can't navigate their website (or figure out which one is theirs
That's the worst.

>go to apply
>link on their site leads to another, larger company
>link on that site leads to another site made for taking applications
>drop down menus that ask you to select their company name that's always some weird shit like "Lettuce asbun shop sauce cunt tree love ltd and co(tm)" for some place just called "corner store"
>what position are you applying for
>they've got every single position possible on the list
>it doesn't tell you the position isn't available until you click it

It's like they're chain of thought when designing this shit was "lets just waste as much of their time as possible."
>>
File: 1491883538660.jpg (50KB, 343x340px) Image search: [Google]
1491883538660.jpg
50KB, 343x340px
Applying online is bullshit. But of course have done. A way I have twisted the bullshit "apply online" thing is by personally dropping of my resume in person dressed nice. Some won't take it, but is worth a shot. Also should follow up by phone.
>>
File: greyshades.jpg (14KB, 357x341px) Image search: [Google]
greyshades.jpg
14KB, 357x341px
>>36710073
yeah anon, it really sucks. I got fired 2 weeks ago and have been neet ever since. I started applying a few days ago for jobs but its really hard because the major chains in my area make it nearly impossible to navigate around
>>
>>36710217
I try to do this, I get turned away half the time for the online meme. Did you say you phone them afterwards? I'm to awkward to do that tbqh
>>
>>36710839
(note: I'm no expert just got pissed with never finding job, so offering advice. So Google is your friend) You should phone them 2-7 days. This should work well with entry level jobs. Still I find chains and big companies make it hard to hire. They simply see a piece of paper and some details and pre judge the person. Im all for hiring the most qualified. But at the same time human interaction is best. Also check out self employment possible if you could offer a service and read /biz/ . But watch out for get quick rich shit and cryptocurrency memes. I have tried with self employment and failed so far. But takes trail and error. Till you find job. Make applying to jobs your job. If you have normiebook you could really post "looking for job." Have not done it, but knowing someone personally is good gateway. Facebook also has local job posting groups. Look out for scams/door to door shit. As for going in, if you get a job you will be dealing with people anyway. Deal with dumb shit at my workplace, but keep to myself and know will have a paycheck.
>>
>>36710073
I fucking hate this
I just can't motivate myself to navigate their shitty website and fill out their application. I made a resume for a reason right?!!
>>
File: b49.jpg (36KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
b49.jpg
36KB, 680x680px
>>36710073
Fuck yes. Applying to local jobs were always the worse, never got anywhere locally despite having a college degree. The hotels were the worse, generally, and the absolute worse were the non-chains that had a website with no real way to apply on. Applying to local part time jobs were the worst--their applications had just as much bullshit for the better paid FT jobs, they almost never called back, the hours would always suck, and I lived in a college town where everything was overcrowded, and I would lose a potential job to either Chad and Stacey going through college or someone with no qualifications.
>>
File: image.jpg (38KB, 895x895px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38KB, 895x895px
>>36710073
>application asks for education
>application asks for prior job experience
>application asks for references
HOW DO PEOPLE EVEN GET JOBS? IT CANT BE THE COLLEGE THING SINCE THE GROCERY STORE HIRED A BUNCH OF TEENAGERS.
>>
>>36711563
Thanks anon.
That's really good advice.

Maybe not an original comment idk
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.