[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do I always root for the bad guys? Ever since I was little,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: smug-homura-57b8743a563d2.png (373KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
smug-homura-57b8743a563d2.png
373KB, 1024x682px
Why do I always root for the bad guys? Ever since I was little, I always wanted the bad guy to fuck everything up for everyone. Maybe it's because everything is designed for the good guy to triumph over evil, so I ended up sympathizing with the antagonists and rooted for them. Nowadays maybe its so I can see normies suffer.
>>
Pls don't post my wife in this shithole
>>
File: Horde.jpg (167KB, 1406x637px) Image search: [Google]
Horde.jpg
167KB, 1406x637px
>>36709636
Sometimes the bad guys are just objectively cooler
>>
>>36709636
Because antagonists always had interesting backstories, development arcs, and motives. The hero was usually "I'm gonna do the right thing! Everybody loves me and its my destiny!"
>>
Just embrace your edge. It's fun.
>>
>>36709636
The deck is always stacked against the bad guy, and for no good reason. Like, Lux Luthor is intelligent and he's amassed this fortune, but then this bullshit Mary Sue comes along with his rule-breaking powers and thwarts all his hard work. Or Wile E Coyote, that poor fucker just wants to eat: he's a carnivore and the only damned thing to eat for miles and miles around is this roadrunner, but despite all his ingenuous plans and hard work the laws of the universe just conspire to fuck him over at every turn.
>>
File: 1387689504108.png (388KB, 400x675px) Image search: [Google]
1387689504108.png
388KB, 400x675px
>>36709636
there's nothing that makes you edgy or unique about being a kid who thinks the bad guys were cooler. like half of everyone did it. stop trying to psychoanalyze yourself using 4chan terminology while posting le edgy goth homura on /r9k/ it's fucking embarrassing
>>
There is no life without story.
There is no story without conflict.
There is no conflict without villainy.
Every person is a villain at heart, in the interest of their own narratives.
A villain is proactive and cunning.
A hero is reactive and neutralizing.
So writers write better villains as a matter of course.
And readers love them naturally as the reason for existence.
>>
>>36710031
>There is no story without conflict.
>There is no conflict without villainy.
well, there is My Neighbor Totoro and Kiki's Delivery Service
>>
>>36710511
Totoro is about the troubles of no mother and then discovering a maternal figure in nature itself.
The villain could be considered an existential concept.
That's why it's a boring and crappy movie.

Kiki is about the troubles of being a young witch without the foreknowledge of the sexual basis of wicca and then the friction of being a clumsy example of your kind in normieville.
As before, the villain is existential and conceptual.
And also is a boring and crappy movie.
>>
>>36710031
Who knew r9k might write something worthwhile.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.