[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else feel "zoomed out" at all times?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 6

File: 6515613.jpg (125KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
6515613.jpg
125KB, 900x900px
Does anyone else feel "zoomed out" at all times?

People care so much about stupid shit and I'm just like "one day we will all not even exist."

And it seems that nobody has a good counter argument as to why that way of thinking is wrong.

We just understand that if everyone thought like that all the time, then nothing would get done.

But holy shit, I don't give a fuck about what *insert celebrity* said on Twitter, and I don't see how anyone can.
>>
I feel like that every time someone derails a thread into a politics discussion.
>>
>>36709183
sure, we arent gonna exist in the future, but why not try to make your life right now as tolerable as possible?
>>
>>36709183
middling minded twitter celebs voice the zoomed in concerns of the plebs
"this is how i feel"
"this person is successful and rich"
"how i feel is correct"
it's a psychological circle jerk
but maybe you're looking for an esoteric handy from a zoomed out perspective all the same
>>
>>36709183
Nah I get you. For example, racism makes sense when you're living in the now. But what about in the future when genetic modification, cybernetic enhancements and brain implants render it obsolete. I hate that I'm treated like an edgy child for being nihilistic. I've been thinking alot recently about the possibility that we, hell maybe just myself, are just living in a simulation. There's really no way to prove that anything really exists. Therefore I can't give a fuck about anything.
>>
Why don't you just fucking kill yourself then?
Or if you're going to complain that doing that is too much work or effort, better yet just lie down and stop doing anything. It all doesn't matter after all one day you won't even exist anyway.
But you won't. You'll just continue to post your stupid "deep" thoughts on here, looking for someone to fellate you.
>>
>>36709205

Same, because political discussions have become so ideological that we ignore the people with real power who use it to further their own goals, and at that level it's the well-being of nations at stake. The average citizen just focuses on the minutiae.
>>
>>36709354
I don't kill myself because the way I see it, I'm at a poker table where I can't get knocked out, but I can still win.

One day I might win the lottery or discover a medication that actually works or meet someone who changes things.

And I don't care about the empathy, I'm just not an insecure faggot who cringes at people who can actually open up about themselves.
>>
>>36709459
>meet someone who changes things

As someone who has been on the market, rated pretty at the County Fair, and actually got told "instead of 'fucking killing yourself', why not fuck me?" today at work, please know, for the sake of your shame and dignity, you are most definitely not going to just come across some dandy young lass who will make things better, or give you any more desire to live than you have know.

You like sewing? Maybe cooking? That's attractive as fuck to women.
>>
>>36709459
>discover a medicine that actually works
shrooms were this medicine for me, completely pulled me out of depression and gave me a new perspective on life
nihilism is like tier 3/10 on the enlightenment scale
>>
>>36709183
Yes. Suicide is the only answer but it's hard, psychologically and physically.
I'm' pretty sure that pain is just a way to keep us from dying. If pain didn't exist I could easily kill myself using damn anything.
Also, you're not a special snowflake. We're not special. You're not making deep thoughts. Ya know, people like popular things to be socially cohesive. People with no social skills oftentimes don't give a crap about popular things, and that further adds damage to their social skills deficits. They don't even have life stories to share. Ideas are ultimately boring because most ideas that appeal to introverts are boring and are way too serious.
And we are that. Purposeless pieces of shit winging through life without ever having an important piece of the human experience. I guess it's one price of individualism. But that doesn't make you special.
I like to think that cynical introverts are solipsistic in a sense that they refuse to acknowledge the important tenets of normiedom, especially social cohesion from popular fads. They also refuse to acknowledge them as not-superficial beings, even though they use fads as a social tool. Superficial people exist, though, not as many as we think.

Regardless, it makes me happy that death is the great equalizer. Everyone dies, period. Karma is shit because of randomness. Also, eternal oblivion is awesome.
>>
>>36710202
>Everyone dies, period.
Heheh kiddo
you think you know but you can't even begin to scratch the surface
stay unwoke
>>
>>36709970

So what is your enlightenment scale?
>>
>>36710626
probably like a 5/10, letting go of your sense of self for a moment makes you understand a lot. your sense of self and consciousness are not the same thing, living beings are just like radios receiving the conscious energy that makes up all things.

each radio might have some settings like volume that change the sound, so they might all appear like separate individuals, and when you smash a radio it stops playing, but that doesn't mean the station isn't still there. "you" don't really exist to begin with as a separate entity, so the death of the "you" doesn't really matter.

life being temporary doesn't mean it isn't meaningful, either. candy tastes good, but if you eat 100 pounds of candy a day you don't find any joy from it. everything we experience is relative to it's opposite. light isn't meaningful without darkness to define where it isn't. good things aren't meaningful without bad. life isn't meaningful without death. what good is a story that goes on forever without an ending?

in the end, it's all just about being a part of this beautiful game of life. when you let go of yourself, your death isn't important. rather, the short blip of time in an endless universe that you channelled consciousness into an ego, a personality - that mattered, that was your time to be a distinct individual and make a mark on the world.

the first law of thermodynamics is that energy cannot be created or destroyed. the cells that once made up your body will recycle into other things, and in all likelihood given an infinite amount of time, those cells will once more create a living being. it won't be what you call "you", though, because "you" are your current physical configuration of personality and memories.
>>
>>36709183
>why that way of thinking is wrong
there isn't anything wrong with that point of view but if you talk about it all the time nobody's going to like you because you're a fuckin downer.
>>
>>36710990
Sounds like you just fucked up your brain
>>
>>36709183
people "zoom in" in a feeble attempt to distract themselves from the fact that everything they know will die and that nothing matters

people will say the point of living is to pass on your genes but your kids will die, their kids will die, and so on until the sun eventually burns out and all life on earth is gone
>>
>>36709633
instead of fucking anyone, how about you kill yourself?
>>
>>36710990
we schizo now
>>
>>36711044
People don't understand that a reason isn't something that actually exists.
>>
>>36711118
exactly. people just assume that there's a reason for everything because accepting that it's all pointless is too much to handle
>>
>>36711033
>>36711109

i have a habit of going on long, hard to understand rants, sorry. im not diagnosed as schizophrenic or psychotic, and my mental faculties are quite intact. that radio analogy probably sounds crazy, but it's the best i can come up with to describe something complex that really needs to be experienced first hand.

if you look into how psilocybin works on a chemical level, it does two main things:
- create communication pathways between different, normally unconnected areas of the brain
- suppresses the filtering of information, so that you're taking everything in

it can't make you delusional, it literally just opens up your brain to what's already there that you usually can't see.

many buddhist monks have arrived at similar conclusions about consciousness through years of meditation.
>>
>>36711164
Well, "pointless" is another thing that doesn't exist. All these concepts are made up by the human mind for the human mind but if you try to extrapolate these concepts to nature it doesn't work.
>>
>>36709183
>And it seems that nobody has a good counter argument as to why that way of thinking is wrong.
It makes you miserable, is that enough of a counter argument?
>>
>>36711241
still, it exists in the form of a concept in the minds of humans

people ask what the "meaning" of life is as if there ever was one
>>
>>36711179
Well I don't think being an antenna for some sort of cosmic conscious energy is a valid explanation.
>>
>>36709183
Nihilism is cancer, sort yourself out.
>>
>>36711241
>>36711286
There actually is a meaning, we exist to enact God's will. All lies within the causal currents.
>>
>>36711434
shut up

you are just as fucked as the rest of us no matter what you tell yourself
>>
>>36711434
>on /r9k/
>thinks there's a god

the irony
>>
>>36711286
It's an invalid question. You might as well ask if the sun is good or evil, humans have agency and intentions and it's difficult for us to grasp things that are beyond our experience.
>>
>>36711457
All is happening according to God's wish. We are just blind to his will. We exist as part of his dream and the course of your life has already been determined. The purpose is for you to act your part.
>>
>>36711518
You are wrong.

T'zcalanetz the space demon created us for entertainment purposes, we are his slaves.

If you have any evidence that i'm wrong and you're right, feel free to post it
>>
>>36710990
>those cells will once more create a living being
Believe it or not, your "cells" aren't even made of the same material they were made of 5 years ago. You aren't your atoms, you are something else.
>>
File: 1490926967727.jpg (135KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1490926967727.jpg
135KB, 640x640px
>>36709183
You're fucked up, mentally ill.
You might even need depression medication, you need to get attached to something in life that demands zoom in.
>>
>>36711569
Tell me more about this Tzcalanetz. What powers does he posses?
>>
>>36709183
Yeah all the time. "What's the point? I don't care. It's pointless in the grand scheme of things" That attitude left me a friendless, penniless suicidal loser into my late twenties.

I snapped out of it and eventually got a job, a house and married a nice girl. The only advice I can you is to take it a day at a time and focus.
>>
>>36711704
How do you cope when the dread comes back creeping up your brain?
>>
>>36711678
he's just one of many space demons capable of creating life with a mere fart, he just looms over our particular solar system by chance. he's nothing special really but ignorant humans will, like anything, revere as a god anything more powerful than them
>>
>>36711793
Hike with my dog, chat with lonely outcasts on here, cook a nice meal, drive a scenic road, watch a movie, play video games, lay in my hammock ect.

Basically anything but wallowing in ambivalent feelings
>>
>>36711299
what he's saying makes sense if you've taken lsd
>>
>>36711846
Ah okay, he must be a higher dimensional being then. There are many of those kinds. God is the ultimate being above all else, he is the creator of the Universe and the one who has determined all outcomes.
>>
>>36710990
Your speaking truth anon you aint crazy dont listen to them

Through alot of introspection i have come to all the same realisations that you, although our thinking does seperate as you seem to have a more optimistic spin on it than me
>>
>>36711888
Do you ever wake up to the thought that you're going to die? Not after a nightmare or something like that, just after a goodnight's sleep the first thought that very clearly manifests itself in your head.
>>
>>36711917
>God is the ultimate being above all else

got any proof? what makes you the authority? how am i to know there isn't something more powerful?

after all, to exist, something must be brought into existence. it must be created.
>>
>>36711952
Not really. That sounds like clinical depression more than bordem
>>
>>36711979
I've been to the 14th astral plane and seen his throne. I know he exists.
>>
>>36712057
How do you know you werent just being tricked by a duplicitous space demon?

their trickery knows no end and your feeble human senses can only detect so much
>>
File: JUST WHO IS BEHIND ALL OF THIS.png (49KB, 400x467px) Image search: [Google]
JUST WHO IS BEHIND ALL OF THIS.png
49KB, 400x467px
>>36709458
Name them, anon.
>>
>>36711485
God loves you even if you deny him, Anon.
>>
>>36712227
prove it

surely he doesnt need you to tell me
>>
>>36709183
"one day we will all not even exist."
you exist now, not later its now that matters. yes it is rather pointless but however things like genetics and possible things you create will exist beyond you, people miss the point of humanity its not what is now that is most important but rather what we can do now as a whole can do to further yourselves you can't live forever but if we keep passing knowledge genetics to the future generation maybe a piece of your own information will live on, and maybe if we are lucky we as humans may live forever and discover everything there is to know, and create our own universe. maybe in that you will live again? but you wouldn't even know you could make the same decision you made again desu you should be worried bout if you do exist again. 2 life times of your life
>>
>>36712004
It's more of a "oh shit I left the oven on" moment than anything else, just slightly darker and disturbing, of course.
>>
>>36709238
Thisss. Motherfucking thisss

I dont get why people think things like "were all gonna die someday" or "why do humans even exist". We humans are right here right now, and thinking in bullshit like i mentioned before is just a waste of time and good health
>>
>>36712295
1 Timothy 1:15-16
>>
>>36712101
No...this was different...
>>
>>36712422
>1 Timothy 1:15-16

>quoting your fantasy book

i can quote books too

" 'We are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity has ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.'
>>
>>36712463
You asked if God needed me to tell you; He doesn't.
I was directing you to the answer, best as I know it, in the words of the Lord.
>>
>>36712519

>He doesn't.

then why did you feel the need to tell me?

surely your god has it under control
>>
>>36709238
>>36711246
>>36711399
>>36711623
>>36711704
Honest question for you anons how do you move on. I'm not op but recently I've been having just near 24/7 existential dread, like I keep telling myself that if we're all going to die and turn to nothingness there's really no point in event trying. I've been reading up on it and I suspect it has something to do with all the shit I've been going through recently (shit job, failing out of uni, etc) but the only "solutions" online are just people saying embrace it and be happy that someday we'll die and go into some sort of unknown. But that really doesn't work for me at all if anything it just makes things worse and if I dwell on it for too long I start getting panic attacks and feeling like I can't breathe. I'd like to just go back to the normal of not thinking about it ever.
>>
>>36712534
He isn't just my God, anon.
I feel life through the Holy Spirit, and I love to share the good news with anyone who will hear it.
>>
>>36712606
Either you become who you are and create your own values, or you stop thinking about it and get on with life.
>>
>>36712707
How do you stop thinking about it is what I'm asking
>>
>>36712675
>>36712675
my point is, it's always you zealots trying to convince me that your god loves me when i'm still waiting for an inkling of evidence that he even exists

next you'll try to say that evidence is subjective, and recant some anecdotal experiences right?
>>
>>36712760
Get a job. Spending eight or more hours a day doing banal shit will leave you too tired to sweat the eternal verities most of the time.

It's a miserable existence, but the alternative is suicide.
>>
>>36712765
No.
I'm going to say that you'll feel God's love when you let yourself, but that doesn't mean it wasn't always there.
>>
>>36712606
Fix your life situation and you won't have existential crises. Your thoughts aren't legitimate, they're just error messages. Unfuck your life and you won't have them.
>>
>>36712606
You should read up on false vacuum and the metastability event if you want to experience real existential dread :^)
>>
>>36712819
And if unfucking my life isn't a solution then what? Does depression medication help, should I go to a psych?
>>
>>36709183
RECOGNIZE ANYTHING THAT PLAYS TO YOUR OPPOSITES! IT IS A PROPAGANDA TOOL USED TO DISSOCIATE THE MIND AND INSERT SUBLIMINAL PROGRAMMING. WAKE UP
>>
>>36712817

ever heard of a placebo effect?
>>
>>36712606
>muh Nietzsche
>muh nihilism
>muh supreme edgelord "embrace the darkness bro"
Ignore those fags
>false vacuum
Chances are we are the result, no more universe ending apocali today, friend.
My man, take Rory Miller for instance, dude was prison guard and now teaches martial arts to police officers. Just focus on what matters. If everything is going to end one day, that makes this day ten thousand times more important. The past never goes away, what you do means something. I mean it really means something, not only to you but to others as well. No, we aren't all connected through some esoteric nu-(((psychology))). But we are capable of experiencing and understanding meaning together. That we may revel in our own existence, and that the existence of others might give us a mirror by which can better see ourselves and thus get a greater appreciation for our own being. A friendship to pursue eternity.
It's also kind of fun to think of False Vacuum like the universe is a glass chandelier held up by God and if he so much as sneezes it all drops and shatters. It's exciting.
>>
>>36712946
No.
I avoid speaking Latin. It's dangerous, unless you're a member of the clergy, you could get ensnared by demons. They traffic in the Holy languages.
>>
>>36713061
i wasnt asking if you use the word, i was asking if you've heard of the term.

>a beneficial effect, produced by a placebo drug or treatment, that cannot be attributed to the properties of the placebo itself, and must therefore be due to the patient's belief in that treatment.

key word: belief
>>
Do you mean derealization/dissociation? I got that from LSD before shit is scary but it goes away once you start meds/weed/stop caring/working out
>>
>>36713113
>implying the foundations for your beliefs are more valid than mine because Jews told you so.
>>
>>36709238
What's the point in doing anything when even the universe itself will eventually die out. All you have accomplished in life will be forgotten about in a few decades or a century tops(if you're lucky) after you pass. There is 0 point man. I do not knkw why everyone on earth will not commit collective suicide.
>>
>>36713163

>completely missing the point

>not knowing what a placebo effect is

christianity is for plebs and you fit the profile
>>
>>36713022
>It's exciting.
It's not really because it is one of those doomsday devices that you can't know anything about until they've already eradicated everything and at that point it would also be impossible to know anything about it because it literally destroys every bit of information that has ever existed.
>>
>>36713184
okey doke
pleb status is remarkably comfy, relatively
>>
>>36713168
Then why don't you inflict the utmost pain on yourself all the time. There's no reason not to, right?
>>
>>36713168
Knowing this frees me up to give less fucks and do more of what i love doing
>>
>>36713168
What's the point in not doing things? Why would being remembered make things different?
>>
>>36713280
Unlike most, I actually have a purpose in life. I made it my job to watch over the masses and observe them struggle over lame shit such as politics and equal rights.
>>36713368
There is no point to doing anything. Become a nihilist and rot away on the floor naked.
>>
Yeah, I get what you mean. Embrace the fuck out of it, it feels amazing. Not having any ties but what you make is what truly makes you free. I'm not going to kill myself or anything, in fact, my goal in life is to die with a really cool story overall. I don't care if nobody knows it or ever takes interest; it's for myself.
>>
>>36713510
If there's no point to anything, then I'll just follow my biological imperatives and other motivations and do stuff.
>>
>>36711399
I wonder who's behind this Peterson.gif
>>36711592
This is partly true. Your neurons dont get replaced
>>
>>36711592
You are your atoms, your cells just get replaced gradually and so slowly that all of the new ones are assimilated and become part of the whole.
>>
File: ascension.jpg (203KB, 800x755px) Image search: [Google]
ascension.jpg
203KB, 800x755px
>the normal man goes to a bar and drinks and dances.
>a man striving for enlightenment leaves society, meditating for decades
>after meditating for decades, the enlightened man steps back on the gameboard of society, and goes to the bar to drink and dance

All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players;
They have their exits and their entrances,
And one man in his time plays many parts,
>>
File: 22742675.jpg (34KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
22742675.jpg
34KB, 640x640px
>>36709183
death comes to us all but that should make us more interested in living and having silly thoughts because hey, you'll be dead it 7 decades give or take. So when you ask "why care? It won't matter." I say "why -not- care? It won't matter."
Basically you are setting through a whole film getting upset that it's going to end rather than enjoying the experience of watching it.
>>
Guys i have a 14.5 cm dick (5'7 for you american folk) would anyone even like me do i just resign sex
>>
>>36713897
That's pretty short to be honest, but it would make a cute little feminine penis, so transitioning's a good idea.
>>
>>36713933
Im a spic so fuck i cant be a trap
>>
>>36713966
Shemale, then, like the favelamonkeys.
>>
File: 20170502_014417.jpg (776KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170502_014417.jpg
776KB, 2048x1152px
>>36713994
Dude i cant i dont like men
>>
See lemme let you in on a little secret. EVERYONE KNOWS YOUR TIME IS FINITE. Everyone knows that unless you are in the very select few who will go down as legends you will ultimately be forgotten.I Am a two times cancer survivor and allow me to explain to you the change I had while having radiation pumped through me. People sweat the small stuff, because the solutions that they strive for give them meaning. Why do you think people deal with bills? You think its cause they like them? Or because they necessarily need them to survive? No. Working a job and paying bills gives them purpose. It gives them a hurdle to overcome. These hurdles coupled with the joys of life allow us to feel fulfilled when our time comes. I could have easily just refused the treatment and be dead at this point, but after giving it some thought I simply decided "If i survive this, its one more thing I can look back on and say I gave it my all this life, and thats all I can ask for. Be strong anon, and control your life.
>>
>>36714124
>i don't like men
Sure you don't, cutie. Once you've let go of your sweet little lies and started sucking cock, you'll be connected to your true self.
>>
Yes and no aren't so far apart lovely and ugly aren't so unalike
what others fear we too must fear
before the moon wanes everyone is gay as if they were at the Great Sacrifice or
climbing a tower in spring I sit here and make no sign like a child that doesn't smile
lost with no one to turn to
while others enjoy more I alone seem forgotten my mind is so foolish so simple
others look bright I alone seem dim others are certain I alone am confused receding
like the ocean waxing without cease
everyone has a goal I alone am dumb and backward for I alone choose to differ
preferring still my mother's breast
>>
>>36710626
The way that becomes a way is not the Immortal Way
the name that becomes a name is not the Immortal Name
the maiden of Heaven and Earth has no name the mother of all things has a name
thus in innocence we see the beginning
in passion we see the end
two different names for one and the same
the one we call dark
the dark beyond dark
the door to all beginnings
>>
>>36709183
>Does anyone else feel "zoomed out" at all times?
Yeah I did, for fucking years. You should try "zooming in" and "zoom out" whenever you need to think about things in a larger perspective. Zooming out all the time only leads to what you're experiencing now, if you were zoomed in you might think "fuck why am I on 4chan again, I'm going to clean my room and make some lunch instead of questioning my existence."

>And it seems that nobody has a good counter argument as to why that way of thinking is wrong.
Well that's the thing, it's not wrong, it's universal truth, accept it and move on. It's like going around saying "two plus two equals four!"

>We just understand that if everyone thought like that all the time, then nothing would get done.

We don't just understand, we KNOW, so we do actually do things. I don't really understand the point you're trying to convey.

>But holy shit, I don't give a fuck about what *insert celebrity* said on Twitter, and I don't see how anyone can.

I don't really understand you on this either, why do you care at all? People liking celebrities comes down to a human liking another human and hearing what that human has to say.
Thread posts: 100
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.