[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have an exam in two hours that is really important do do well

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: 1484602116149.png (165KB, 520x423px) Image search: [Google]
1484602116149.png
165KB, 520x423px
I have an exam in two hours that is really important do do well on, yet I have studied for maybe 5 minutes for it so far. Why can't I bring myself to try, to put in any effort? this is the third time I have taken this class, and have failed it twice for the same reason I am probably gonna fail it now. Doing what I need to do feels like a choice of volunteering to pay for someone else's kid, or just keep the money myself. Obviously not really, but I have proved to myself that I would rather trade years of possible success for a few hours of short term personal enjoyment. What is wrong with me?
>>
>>36703970
If you don't like what you're studying you will never be able to dedicate your time to it. Just give up on it and find something that you're really interested in.
>>
>>36704251
but every degree here needs this class, "Intro to Physics".

also T- 80minutes till show time, right now I'm just writing down basic equations from the review.
>>
>>36703970
You're in a phase that will lead you to self-destructive habits. This is what happens when you're tired, you hate your life and solitude is your only respite
>>
File: Math.gif (1MB, 560x240px) Image search: [Google]
Math.gif
1MB, 560x240px
>>36703970
I'm in a similar situation right now. Also trying to learn entire semester in a few hours. We can do it OP, godspeed to you!
>>
File: 1488463108236.gif (77KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
1488463108236.gif
77KB, 300x200px
>>36704415
I have been in this phase for 3 years then, since that is how long I have stopped being a good student and started doing this shit. Only 3 more years to go!
>>
>>36704392
> physics
If you're studying that then there's an important reason for it.
Also
> not good at physics
brainlet.
>>
>>36704415
I read your post again and realized you are exactly right except a few years too late, I picked up habitual weed smoking, live alone, and hated my life for three years as per >>36704596

>>36704768
my degree is construction management, and this course is heavily curved since it is a general course that everyone has to pass, yet few do well in it. Even with multiple cheat sheets the average in the class for the last exam we took was 64%. In my defense I do okay if I actually try, its just I cant do step 1.
>>
>>36703970
You have captured how I've been feeling the last few years perfectly.

In my case, I was spoiled as a child, plus I was hailed as one of the "gifted" kids so I never had to try much, especially in elementary school. This kept happening. The only studying I did was when teachers/parents forced me to do. Somehow I got to a pretty good university after taking exams even though I wasn't studying much at all, and when I did it was always for the sake of others and not myself. Especially parents, with whom I was having fights literally every day for months about it.

As soon as I entered said Uni I found I can actually slack without repercussions,(and probably a form of rebellion against my parents) since, at least in my country, nobody forces you to do anything like they did in school, and my parents thought I'm all grown up now and ready to be a responsible student/adult.

Now I'm 5 years in and I've barely completed 1 year's work. I feel stupid, I lack any sort of motivation and even doing one hour's work feels incredibly tiring and boring and unfulfilling, feels like I'll die, and anything at all distracts me.

Just waiting until i'm kicked out I guess.
>>
>>36705094
I was never forced to study, I just never needed to do it in highschool because I did fine If I just paid attention and looked over my notes 10 minutes before tests. It all started tumbling down for me when i made the realization that I could skip a lecture and still be fine. Then one lecture turned into 3 weeks and here I am.
Any ways I'm sure no one cares but I am going to leave for my exam in a few minutes. I managed to get a half-assed page of equations down. Time to meet my maker I guess.
>>
>>36705243
Good luck anon.

Ornament
>>
>>36704392
>Intro to Physics
Not you too man holy fuck I failed it 2 times now I gotta try again
>>
i just need to get a hold of that miracle drug called Adderall, but I can't
>>
File: 1472839665923.jpg (64KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1472839665923.jpg
64KB, 1280x720px
>Calc 3 exam tomorrow
>failed the shit out of all 4 tests
>haven't studied a single minute for the exam
>accepted my fate a long time ago and now I'm spending the night playing videogames
>>
File: image.png (243KB, 352x327px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
243KB, 352x327px
WHY AM I SO LAZY
IVE LITERALLY BEEN GUVEN MONTHS TO WRITE A COUPLE PAGE PAPER AND ITS LATE NOW SND I HAVENT EVEN STARTED IT EVEN THOUGH MY PROFFESIR TOLD NE HED STILL GIVE ME FULL CREDIT
SOMEONE ECPLAIN THIS LACK OF MOTIVATION
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.