[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who /can't talk to their dad/ here I try to but he's

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: 1491319999847.jpg (45KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1491319999847.jpg
45KB, 600x600px
Who /can't talk to their dad/ here

I try to but he's so cold and distant. I think he resents me for being a robot. ;-;
>>
>>36703446
Same.

He's 60 this year, and he's been going downhill physically pretty fast. He's been a workaholic his whole life and never really involved in my life. He pretty much left raising me to my alcoholic piece of shit mom. You can guess how that turned out.
>>
>>36703446
>>36703805
Having daddy issues is one of the prerequisites for being a robot.
>>
File: 1339692183722.png (89KB, 300x240px) Image search: [Google]
1339692183722.png
89KB, 300x240px
My parents divorced when I was 12 or so. I lived with my other for a while and then moved back in with my father for a few years, then he kicked me out on my 16th birthday and we haven't spoken since. It really sucks not growing up in a stable family or household and not having a father figure as you get older. I don't think I would want to talk to him at this point in my life anyway, even if the opportunity presented itself.
>>
File: 1488202526426.jpg (14KB, 480x567px) Image search: [Google]
1488202526426.jpg
14KB, 480x567px
>>36704406
>he kicked me out on my 16th birthday
That's sad anon.

You reminded me of my 13th birthday. Things did not go well between me and my dad that day. We've never been the same since then.
>>
>>36703446
I don't even want to talk to my dad. He didn't help me during my childhood and he's barely helped me now. Of the few things I know about his personality, none of us have anything in common.
I hope he doesn't think he can try and ""connect"" with me after I've gotten established.
>>
>>36703446
I've been distant from my whole family since I was a kid. Idk what happened to me but
> never had a conversation with my brother
> rarely talk to my mother
> almost never talk to my father (haven't had a conversation with him in ages)
I'm the most neutral and passive person in my family. They often call me a ghost.
>>
>>36703446
i used to try but i realize now that i'll never get what i want from him. it's best to let go.
>>
My old man wants me dead.
I wish I was kidding but I lost count of the amount of times that he threatened to kick me off the staircase or to break one of my limbs. He always had a drinking problem that only got worse after I started high school and he lost his job.
>>
My dad won't even answer my phone calls, he pretends if I see him in public but he avoids me whenever possible. I'm the most successful of my siblings too. I just want him to love me
>>
I'm pretty much a complete failure while my dad is highly successful, and all my attempts to be like him completely floundered. Now I'm turning 29 in a couple of months and can't even look him in the eyes anymore since I have to live with him due to not being gainfully employed in years.

I want to fucking die but I'm afraid I'd fuck up suicide too. Tbh I think it's the only way I could possibly salvage any dignity in the eyes of my parents at this point.
>>
>>36705710
Pretty much what I've done
>>
The only solution is to do the same thing to our own kids when we have them.
>>
>>36703869

Sup famalama...

I don't even think about it. I just wish my dad would talk to me...

Instead of him waiting for me to talk to him.
>>
>>36703446
Try not being a loser then
>>
>>36706605
>Anyone here having children
I haven't been touched by a woman since 2010. Most people here haven't been touched by one at all.
>>
>>36703446

Same problem; mine isn't cold and distant though. We just don't have much in common, and he has a very short temper so I try to avoid things we disagree about. Doesn't leave much besides music.
>>
File: destroy.jpg (33KB, 264x344px) Image search: [Google]
destroy.jpg
33KB, 264x344px
nah just fucking fight him and win you gay nigga
>>
>>36703446
I don't know if I feel love for my arents, but I respect them and all they've given me. My dad's an opiate addicted mess now. He turns 50 this year and I question how long he'll be around. He lost his job and fucked my family financially, but I could never abandon him or my mom. Just don't have that in me.
>>
>>36706759
Shit! I'm in the wrong place!

-Chad
>>
>robots ITT have shitty fathers
>tfw you're a 26 year old loser but he still loves you
>tfw it hurts a little when he smiles and jokes with you

I want to pay him back but I'm weak and exhausted.
>>
>>36707252
I know this feel, I wish I could just interact with him like a normal person
>>
>>36707252
It only gets worse. I'm this anon >>36706488
It's physically painful to see the sheer disappointment and resentment in their eyes even when they legitimately want to help you and love you. I'm almost 29 now with no degree, a shit resume, no steady job(I only get income off of occasional film gigs where I'm basically the 'physical labor' guy in the crew), no friends, no anything. I sit in my room all day every day whenever I don't have a gig and often go days without having uttered a single word. I blatantly avoid my father so I'm not questioned about how my 'job hunt' is going, as I've been rejected from every single place I've applied.

He's basically the entire opposite and is hugely successful despite being discharged from the military and being jailed for gun running during his SEAL days.

And I pretty much ruined my life trying to be like him and win even the tiniest shred of legitimate approval. I even joined the army til I got wounded and went home.
>>
My father left when I was 2 and would come into my life for a total of about 3-6 days a year. Spread out through the year of course and this includes holidays so I pretty much didn't see him but he knew I wanted him in my life. Cut to me getting a little older he got very violent and would beat me until I blacked out. I don't know ow why my mother never pressed charges, I once had pain sitting for two weeks because he beat my ass to the point I think he hit bone. Sitting on the chairs I'm school was he'll and my mother didn't find out until we went out to eat and I had a hard time sitting in the booth.

Now I'm always angry and depressed. Zero ambition and I used to be a friendly person who wanted to make everyone my friend. Now I have none and I refuse to leave my room.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.