[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay /r9k/ I've got a question. I've checked my state's

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: dc1.png (417KB, 544x565px) Image search: [Google]
dc1.png
417KB, 544x565px
Okay /r9k/ I've got a question. I've checked my state's census, and there's about 51% females and 49% males. So how is it that almost every guy I've known is single and lonely, and every girl I've known, including but not limited to classmates, coworkers, and convention attendees, have boyfriends? The math just isn't adding up to me. Logically there should be more guys in relationships than girls right? Can someone explain this to me?
>>
>>36696968
Because they're all 8 or 80.
>>
Did you check the age groups? Men are born at higher rates at women, but women life longer.
>>
>>36696968
They're just not into you desu.
>>
You forget to factor in homosexuals.
>>
>>36696990
I did actually, iirc that was the age group of 18-60.
>>
>>36696994
That's not what my post is about but thank you for reminding me of that.

>>36696998
Shouldn't that affect both sexes roughly the same amount to the point it becomes insignificant? Or is one sex more prone to homosexuality?
>>
>>36696968

Probably because you're young and most of the people you know are young.

>young 20-ish women are high SMV and can get an older man at the snap of a finger
>young 20-ish men are low SMV and have to prove themselves before a woman will even give them the time of day

What you don't notice are all the single 35+ women who counterbalance the single 2x men.
>>
In what kind of area do you live? Women flock to bigger cities, which amplifies the surplus of men in rural areas.
>>
>>36696998
Less than three percent of the population is gay.
>>
>>36697263
I don't know Anon, I've met a lot of older women too. Shit I've even met transgender women in relationships that fall into that 35+ age group.

>>36697293
I live in the LA area, Southern California
>>
>>36696968
I can see three reasons why.

1. Selection bias. You don't care if male acquaintance has a girlfriend, but you do care if a female acquaintance has a boyfriend so you remember that. The guys you're close friends with, those you would know if they had a girlfriend or not, are probably going to be failures just like you.

2. If you're in the countryside, then women tend to want to move to a big city more than men. The total amount of women might be higher, but the amount of women your age is lower.

3. Women flock around Chad. You may have heard a certain girl has a boyfriend, but that might have just been for a few months and now she's single. Meanwhile, the Chad goes on to have a new girlfriend right away. You will have heard both of those women talk about having a boyfriend, yet it's only one guy.
>>
>>36697783
1. Anon one of my few talents is remembering miscellaneous facts from conversations. And I'm pulling all of my candidates from the same pools: coworkers, classmates, and convention attendees. I remember a lot of guys as well as girls, and I specifically remember which one's did not have a girlfriend and which ones did.

2. I'm in the LA area. No countryside near here.

3. I'm acquaintances with a couple people I'd consider chads and even they can't find a girlfriend since they're all taken.
>>
>>36696968
Women live longer than men. You don't want to fuck widow grannies, do you?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.