[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>10 years ago >become NEET out of highschool >spend

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5

File: 1488989837343[1].png (185KB, 409x409px) Image search: [Google]
1488989837343[1].png
185KB, 409x409px
>10 years ago
>become NEET out of highschool
>spend every day browsing 4chan and watching TV shows
>comfy as fuck
>be now, still NEET
>feel like a worthless piece of shit in every way possible

How can you guys stand being NEETs for so long?
>>
I'm 19 and I already hate it. I want to work full time but I'm scared of having to talk to so many people so regularly.
>>
>>36696008
learn programming
>monkey coding
>maybe even indie video games
>one of the millions of possibilities
Why don't more people do this?
>>
It's only been around 6 years for me, and I get where you're coming from. What's worse is the creeping realization that it was all your doing from the start, and that every single lesson your childish weeaboo cartoons tried to teach you about friendship and enduring to grow was completely lost on you.

I can't even enjoy anything anymore. Any friendship or romance just hurts to watch.
>>
>>36696008
Do it anyway. You don't want to become like me.
>>
>>36696050
The weird thing is, I'm not even suicidal. I feel bad of course, but it's a dull pain probably meant to tell you you're not doing anything with your life. The problem is I can simply ignore the pain and distract myself indefinitely.
>>
>>36696174
Well I'll tell you now, never go without internet for more than six months. You'll be forced to confront yourself and the empty time you have, and it won't be pretty.
>>
>>36695994
turns out mindlessly consuming things without ever producing something worthwhile yourself is unforfilling. what a shocking turn of events! who could have foreseen this tragedy?
>>
>>36696189
>six months

kek if I'm without internet for a single hour I already suddenly remember everything wrong with my life
>>
>>36696227
Foreseeing it doesn't mean shit. How often do you think people do things that turn out bad for them in the future?
>>
>>36696048
because its actually fucking hard to become a Junior Programmer nowadays, when did you last check a related job offer? just knowing a programming language is 10% of needed knowledge senpai, you need to know a shitload of frameworks and libraries just to apply

its few times harder to get hired as a programmer than 5 years ago and will be near impossible after a few more years
>>
>>36696412
not to mention 90% of companies require an actual CS degree and dont accept self-learners

yes its a fucked system and yes nobody gives a fuck, its natural selection focused on isolating those who dropped out of it even once
>>
>>36696440
>...natural selection focused on isolation those who dropped out of it even once
100% this is how shit works
>>
>>36696440
It's cause employers are mostly college fags with degrees who learned in college, have kids that go to college, and therefore only respect a college degree. I do low level IT crap, and let me tell you, you have to be a certain kind of person to make it in the programming world. One that actually knows his shit, while simultaneously being so beta bitch made that you let your boss (who sometimes doesnt know shit about programming) push you around. Sure, you get paid alright, but every programmer Ive met has been a social retard redditor (if young), or a stuck up arrogant cunt with no life outside of computers (if old).

You have to really be able to talk the language as well, and with that comes a sort of arrogance about one's knowledge of the computing world.
>>
>>36695994
how did you even stay neet so long?
fucking job center forced me to do an apprentice ship as welder for almost 4 years
would have stopped paying me welfare if i didnt do it

now iam trapped in the work life
>>
File: 1465125984273.jpg (20KB, 409x409px) Image search: [Google]
1465125984273.jpg
20KB, 409x409px
>>36695994
>dropped out of college
>became NEET
>hated myself
>hated NEETdom
>5 years later
>love being a NEET so much
>>
>>36697350
>not living with your parents
What's wrong with you?
>>
>>36695994
Honestly how hard is it just to get a fucking job and move out? Jesus life isn't really that hard.
>>
>>36697414
they kicked me out when i was 20
fuck them
>>
>>36697426

>Jesus life isn't really that hard.

Please know that this is the single dumbest sentence I've read on this board in at least a year. You even sound like you were being sincere.
>>
>>36696227
How many people you figureget to produce something worthwhile? Most employed people are for lack of a better word cogs. Not so much as say your average factory workers, but most are just doing the same as others. Not many produce something new and worthwhile to them and others. Psychological obsolescence doesn't help, since most new shit isn't new at all, just minor changes to the same old shit that we feel compelled to buy as it is just the newest thing rather than an actually new thing.
>>
>>36695994
Hobbies.

20 now and even though my life has been over the top dramatic and stressful I'm really satisfied and "happy" with what I've done thus far even though I've been NEET 99% of the time since I was 16.

Being a NEET doesn't have to equal boring loser.
>>
>>36695994
The Alternative: Wageslaving with a minimum amount of freetime available

Dont rlly get why some NEETs hate being NEETs
>>
>>36697429
Why? Did you upset them or just because you weren't doing anything? Do you still talk to your parents?
>>
>>36696440
>focused on isolating those who dropped out of it even once
Shit I dropped out of community college w/o even withdrawing and always assumed I could just start at a different one... can they tell how many colleges you've been to?
>>
>>36697426
When you're an autist with low self-esteem and depression, moving out and getting a job seems like an insurmountable mountain to climb. It feels pointless to even think about it. You just know something really bad will happen.
>>
>>36697525
What have you accomplished while being a NEET?
>>
>>36697554
>Wageslaving with a minimum amount of freetime available

By now I am convinced this is way better than being a NEET. At least your mind is challenged and not rotting away. If not, at least you're busy enough to make free time actually rewarding. If all you have is free time, it's not valuable at all.
>>
>>36697484
For many it's fulfilling to do something and be rewarded for it. Just getting paid to do your work feels good for many. At least it feels better than doing nothing at all. I have a job, and while it's not exactly the most fulfilling thing, it feels much better than if I knew I was just sitting at home doing nothing.
>>
>>36697741
Lol, whatever you wanna believe kiddo. Have fun being a wagie, dont forget to pay your taxes. my neetbux aint gonna pay itself :)
>>
>>36697785
>>36697484
Also to add to this, it feels good knowing that where I'm at right now isn't where I'm going to end at, I'll soon get better jobs (I'm only 19) which will be more fulfilling and more along the lines of what I've wanted to do with my life. For many NEETs it's at the point where they're so far behind the curve that they won't get the chance to have a really good, well paying job.
>>
>>36697818
I was just answering your question buddy. You wanna be NEET have fun, but you're also gonna have to deal with the fact that eventually you're gonna realize how shit your life is and that you're too far behind everyone else to be able to be happy. And eventually, when I'm retired and fulfilled, you're gonna be working for minimum wage.

You can always tell that the NEETs are super unhappy and insecure about it, considering they make posts daily trying to compensate for it.
>>
Why don't you NEETS get NEETbux? I do and its a very comfy life.
>>
>>36697698
I can't exactly go into specific detail but:
>I've learned about an incredible amount of things
>touched a ton of peoples lives
>had fun
>have a significant amount of interesting stories

An entertaining book or film could easily be made about my life(something most people cannot say truthfully, even "succesful" people). Having been able to live a movie-like life is very meaningful to me. Beating the dullness of boring everyday life and whatnot.
>>
>>36697935
I am a NEET for more than 8years now and planning to go till my death. I live in europe, the state takes care of me. U jelly?
also
>caring about doing meaningfull shit in your life
What is the point. seriously...
>>
>>36696048
not everyone has the mathematical brain required for programming
>>
>>36697998
math isn't really that important, I've done a lot of programming and had to start of with pre algebra in college heh.
>>
File: 1488593454671.jpg (71KB, 747x754px) Image search: [Google]
1488593454671.jpg
71KB, 747x754px
I'm 18 and I've been a NEET since I was 16
I'm smart but I left school because of bullying Sounds stupid but that's what happened to me

Now I spend every day in the PC without any motivation and without friends

I never leave home and I do not have the motivation to talk to other people

How did you survive 10 years being a NEET?
>>
>>36697990
Again, compensating for what you know deep down. If you were really so happy and so fulfilled, you and every other NEET wouldn't be posting on here daily about it. It just reeks of insecurity
>>
>>36698088
im not posting it daily on here, are you mentally retarded, or did you not grasp the context of your own posts? no wonder you want to be wagie
>>
>>36698061
Get you act together. You are an adult, act accordingly.
>>
>>36698061
By having a sort of purpose for living. I also had issues with friends mainly that I couldn't find anyone who liked the sane things as me or they barely liked them while it was a significant thing for me.

I'm sure you can find some kind of motivation to do something if you have emotions you can find some kind of motivation to do something.
>>
>>36698061
So you're a high school dropout? You should probably work on remedying that.
>>
>>36698061
You're still a teenager buddy you still have time to turn this thing around.
>>
being a neet means having an investment portfolio you manage throughout the week

if you do not have one you CANNOT be a neet
>>
>>36698207
>>36698181
I'm not sure I can do it. I have anxiety problems and I am a depressive guy

I hide myself of the world and I only live locked in my room
>>36698212
I know I have to do something because the years go very so fast
>>
>>36698327
I have the same shit man and I have a shitload of things making that worse for me right now. if I can still be positive you can too.

I basically got everything I loved taken away and my life was turned upside down and on top of that broke 2 bones in my right leg. My short term future is fairly grim but I'll live past it.(I can do this because there are things I'm passionate about and that motivates me)

You can be happy.
>>
>>36698120
Sure thing buddy, whatever you want to tell yourself
>>
File: 1348360565125.jpg (219KB, 800x659px) Image search: [Google]
1348360565125.jpg
219KB, 800x659px
>>36695994
>8 years ago
>become NEET out of highschool
>spend every day browsing 4chan, watching anime, and playing video games
>comfy as fuck
>be now, still NEET
>feels good man
I think watching TV is your problem
>>
>>36698272
I'd agree with this for sure
>>
File: smugwojak4v2.png (32KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
smugwojak4v2.png
32KB, 640x400px
>>36695994
This is not a problem with the correct mindset.
>>
>>36699582
What games can a neet of 8 years play?
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.