[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw you know Jesus is both the Son of Man and Lord of men

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 19

File: burningpepe.jpg (614KB, 800x609px) Image search: [Google]
burningpepe.jpg
614KB, 800x609px
>tfw you know Jesus is both the Son of Man and Lord of men
>tfw atheists try to roast you and you know its them who is going to get roasted if they dont stop and accept God as put forth by mainstream doctrines
>>
>>36689422
russian orthodox isn't mainstream
don't they pray to like, fucking tchernobog and shit
>>
I kind of hope god is real. Seeing normies fall to their knees and beg for forgiveness on judgement day would almost make spending an eternity in hell worth it
>>
>>36689422
What branches of Christianity still believe/preach about hell?
>>
File: christchan.jpg (49KB, 680x435px)
christchan.jpg
49KB, 680x435px
>>36689432
There's also just the very general Orthodox church. The Russian Orthodox church doesn't represent the Orthodox church as a whole.

>>36689543
There's a quote that goes along like "nature has imprinted upon all the idea of God." Also watch how many people pray when things go bad. Just give the Holy Spirit a chance, brotherman.

Also posting Christ-chans. Post em if you got em.
>>
File: christchan8.jpg (17KB, 231x250px)
christchan8.jpg
17KB, 231x250px
>>36689572
Here's what feels like an early version to me.
>>
>>36689633
I wish I could find a qt christian girl. Are they as great as I imagine they are?
>>
File: pope.jpg (102KB, 678x768px)
pope.jpg
102KB, 678x768px
>2017
>being anything other than a catholic
>>
>>36689645
yes go to church anon
>>
File: christchan10.png (136KB, 459x499px)
christchan10.png
136KB, 459x499px
>>36689645
Pretty much. Some are former roasties, some are pretty normal people that wandered into the Church somehow and a large chunk were born into the Church. I know my step-mom goes and she's pretty hot and of good stock.

It's a social and support thing and there really are happy Christian couples out there.

>tfw no gf to go to Church with and hold hands in the pews before service begins
>>
>>36689692
So what do I do? Do I just walk through the doors on a Sunday? I have literally never been inside a church
>>
>>36689731
>stepmom
>goes to church and thinks its all fine
are you some kind of reformed """"christian""""?
>>
File: christchan_hiki.jpg (97KB, 927x1200px)
christchan_hiki.jpg
97KB, 927x1200px
>>36689731
Here's yet another Christ-chan. If you have a rare please share!
>>
>>36689422
>tfw both dont know islam is the true faith and you know mohammed is the last trye prophet
>>
>>36689788
What? No. >:(

I'm just a guy who wants to be a normie. I thought it would be nice to have a /Christian/ thread for a change.
>>
>>36689808
Also obligatory response pic.
>>
>>36689822
Ok, but I guess you know what I meant?

Lets talk about friendlier stuff then.
>>
File: 1489011150016.jpg (221KB, 1024x1024px)
1489011150016.jpg
221KB, 1024x1024px
>>36689889
>mfw other Christian friends turn their noses up at the ideas of evolution, climate change, and things like vaccines

Why do these people have to be so vocal?
>>
>>36689785
yea senpai the priest or someone will want to talk with you after if you are new.
>>
>>36689572

>There's a quote that goes along like "nature has imprinted upon all the idea of God."

Maybe the idea of a higher power of some sort, but certainly not Jehovah specifically. Billions of people have lived and died without ever having heard of him or believing in him.
>>
File: thomas.jpg (42KB, 300x250px)
thomas.jpg
42KB, 300x250px
>>36689928
I guess the problem is the ideology of taking the words in the bible literally. all of them.
And if you combine that with a strong believe - you get those guys.
Its a problem especially american reformed churches have. muslims too though
>>
File: comfychan.jpg (135KB, 425x516px)
comfychan.jpg
135KB, 425x516px
>>36689785
You can do that. If you're a sperg you can always go during quiet hours during the week and ask to speak to someone when you feel okay with being there.

Going to different ones is a good idea too. Just joining the first church you visit is a great way to be disappointed.

Starting with a service might be too much if you're completely new to the environment and are disoriented.
>>
File: D2i0PTY.jpg (71KB, 500x548px)
D2i0PTY.jpg
71KB, 500x548px
>>36689998
I've heard it said that the reason there's a lot of extreme positions in American Christian culture is because when the colonists first came from England they didn't have established churches or clergy.

A lot of people read the Bible while locked in for the winter or listening to the same few people in their tiny little town area. Without instruction or infrastructure for the Church people often interpreted the Bible through literalism.

Seems like a totally plausible reason why.
>>
>>36690055
That really is an interesting point.
Also I guess it is what in the beginning helped to creat a bond between the otherwise very different people.
But I dont see a future where that changes, a lot of the churches keep going with these opinions or even get "worse" when it comes to debate.
>>
>>36690023
Man, it is kind of intimidating. The whole joining thing is odd too. I didn't know you actually joined churches, like christian churches
>>
File: christ-the-king.jpg (226KB, 789x1252px) Image search: [Google]
christ-the-king.jpg
226KB, 789x1252px
>>36690080
Eh, the Catholic Church still has momentum and by many is still "the Church." They're not my cup of tea though, with all their shenanigans in the past and protection of certain priests now.

Awareness and interest in the Orthodox church appears to be increasing in the West. If I had to say there was a true Church I would say that it is the Orthodox one.

Overall they seem pretty reasonable, even if steeped in ceremony and the like in the same way Catholics are.
>>
>tfw atheists try to roast you and you know its them who is going to get roasted if they dont stop and accept God as put forth by mainstream doctrines

If that idea doesn't tremendously disturb you, then there is something seriously wrong with your brain.
>>
>>36689422
>son of MAN
Ummm... excuse me, Jesus has only ONE biological parent and that's the Virgin Mary.
Checkmate woman-haters!
>>
File: apuchristian.jpg (56KB, 1094x697px)
apuchristian.jpg
56KB, 1094x697px
>>36690125
It can be. You can find your way around and become comfortable. Hundreds of millions have and so can you!
>>
>>36690125
well, where are you from, i think that decides a lot in the first place.

>>36690137
I am a catholic. Both, the Orthodox and the Catholic church are directly linked to Jesus and the first generation of followers.
To tell which one is the "true" church is a theological and more complex thing though.
Also the split was a rather political and historical one.
>>
>>36690171
I live in the midwest. There are actually a lot of churches around here, but i've never gone to one
>>
File: 1490597790517.png (30KB, 582x433px)
1490597790517.png
30KB, 582x433px
OK, anons, it's late here and I'm going to go to bed soon. Maybe try to pray a little tonight, yeah? See you tomorrow, anons.

>mfw
>>
>>36690221
To be honest I would look at the different denominations first and then decide to which church you are going.
You can get a lot of information on them online, where ever you want.
(pic related, good intro literature)
>>
File: readingchristian.jpg (2MB, 2560x2600px)
readingchristian.jpg
2MB, 2560x2600px
>>36690252
i am not very clever
i forgot the pic

>>36690246
sleep tight, anon.
>>
Religions are a spook, especially abrahamic religions.
>>
File: monk.png (194KB, 1251x585px)
monk.png
194KB, 1251x585px
>>36690322
atheism posts dont bother me anymore, but if its an "anti abrahamic religions" post, I still get triggered af.
>>
>>36690268
why arent they all in fiction
>>
>>36690380
The other books outside of the fiction group arent fictional, what do you mean?
>>
>>36690352
People did and still do good and bad things in the name of their religion.
I'm not saying that ever having a religion was a bad thing but our scientific progress has come so far that we don't need to rely on gods to explain shit anymore.
>>
>>36690525
Well, metaphysics disagree with you on your last point.
>>
>>36690539
Obviously it's impossible for now to proof or disproof the supernatural, but what makes you think that your religion specifically has the correct answer and every other religion in existance is wrong?
All of them have major inner conflicts and many interpretations too, don't you think a omnipotent, omniscient and omnibenevolent god would've made a better job at delivering his message so most people wouldn't end up suffering in hell or some stupid shit like that?
>>
File: nicepostquote.jpg (91KB, 938x512px)
nicepostquote.jpg
91KB, 938x512px
>>36690685
I'm sorry, but would you mind trying to start arguments in another thread? We're just trying to have a nice /christian/ and /niceposting/ thread over here. We're not coming into your threads spreading the idea of Jesus as the Christ.

>mfw if you do because it would be big appreciated
>>
>>36690685
what >>36690773 says.
if you are really interested in this you can read a lot of literature on that. your questions are pretty much the standard questions everyone asks when first thinking about religion. few actually look for answers. maybe take a look at the theology books in this post >>36690268
>>
>>36690773
Why don't you go to reddit if you want a safespace circlejerk?
The OP clearly adressed atheists as well.
>>36690847
And these answers are usually
>god works in mysterious ways

I've actually read the bible unlike alot of christians and they cherrypick what they like and ignore the shit that don't fit into their narrative.
>>
>>36690930
how did you read the bible? religion is not about "who follows their holy book the closest", you can see how badly that fails when you take a look at various christian churches in america or most muslims.
I doubt you actually confronted yourself with theological literature.
>>
>>36690993
>how did you read the bible?
I'm not sure what you mean here, I just read it like I would have any other book.

>religion is not about "who follows their holy book the closest", you can see how badly that fails when you take a look at various christian churches in america or most muslims.
I doubt you actually confronted yourself with theological literature.

Funny, alot of religious people would disagree with that.
I haven't read alot of religious propaganda but I don't see the need for it. There are so many ways to critically look at any existing religion that I really don't need to.
Who knows, maybe there is a beeing that somehow stands above us, but it certainly isn't one that is described in any existing religion and there is no reason to believe in something like this without any evidence.
>>
>>36691257
>I'm not sure what you mean here, I just read it like I would have any other book.
I wouldnt recommend it that. Which version did you read?
It is a collection of books with stories from over 4000 years of history, with different levels of historical accuracy and spiritual conclusions. Reading it without additional information leads to either atheism or "sola scriptura" fanatism.

>>36691257
>Funny, alot of religious people would disagree with that.
That doesnt make things better or worse.

>I haven't read alot of religious propaganda but I don't see the need for it. There are so many ways to critically look at any existing religion that I really don't need to.
>Who knows, maybe there is a beeing that somehow stands above us, but it certainly isn't one that is described in any existing religion and there is no reason to believe in something like this without any evidence.
If you would take a look at it, you would see that there is a huge difference between fundamental theology and christian influenced metaphysics on one hand and "religious propaganda" on the other.
Also, you dont believe in any god as it seems. Your believe in a deity is the foundation for discussing which one of the religions (or any at all) is the truth though.
>>
>>36691425
It's been a while but it was a complete version in german.

>Reading it without additional information leads to either atheism
God clearly doesn't want me to go into heaven then. If he's truly omnipotent then he should've been able to make his words strike true for all of humanity and not just have a few chosen ones to spread his message that were obviously flawed in their own right.

>That doesnt make things better or worse.
It leads to jihad and suicide attacks so I think it's fair to say that it makes things worse.
I think Christians are the smallest evil out of the abrahamic religions though and they have some cultural value for the west.

If there was some reliable evidence for a god I wouldn't be a atheist, but there is none, the best theists can do are theories and metaphysics don't necessarily require a god.
It's just a cop out in most cases.
>>
>>36691722
dann haetten wir auch auf deutsch diskutieren koennen, nehme ich mal an, mache ich jetzt einfach, da hier sonst wohl eh niemand liest.

> If he's truly omnipotent then he should've been able to...
Warum muss Gott nach Massstaeben handeln, die dir logisch erscheinen? Was schuldet ein goettliches Wesen dir, dass du einforderst, sich dir in der Form zu eroeffnen, in der du es fuer richtig haeltst?

>It leads to jihad and suicide attacks so I think it's fair to say that it makes things worse.
Ich glaube, dass du mich da falsch verstanden hast. Ich meinte, dass es fuer meinen Glauben egal ist, wieviele andere Christen X oder Y glauben. Wenn millionen Gamer entscheiden wuerden, Sims 2 waere der Hoehepunkt der Spielegeschichte, macht es mich nicht weniger zu einem, wenn ich dem nicht zustimme.
Aber, um zu dem Punkt zurueckzukommen, natuerlich kann es zu schrecklichen Dingen fuehren. Ist aber kein Beweis oder Gegenbeweis fuer die Richtigkeit dieser Dinge.

>I think Christians are the smallest evil out of the abrahamic religions though and they have some cultural value for the west.
Nicht nur "some cultural value"... Ohne die Westkirche haetten wir keinerlei humanistische Entwicklung, Teilung von Staat und Kiche (bspw. Investiturstreit, magna carta etc.) und keine moderne wissenschaftliche Theorie.

>If there was some reliable evidence for a god I wouldn't be a atheist, but there is none, the best theists can do are theories and metaphysics don't necessarily require a god.
Die Ausseinandersetzung mit Metaphysik benoetigt keinen Glauben an Gott. Aber viele Philosophen finden ueber metaphysische Argumentationen Argumente fuer ihn.
>>
>>36691863
Warum sollte ein Gott von mir erwarten das ich ohne Grund und Beweis an ihn glaube wenn er bereits bevor der Geburt der Menschheit bereits wusste das ich kritisch demgegenueber sein werde?
Woher haette jemals jemand an diesen spezifischen Gott geglaubt wenn er sich niemandem gezeigt haette?

Der abrahamische Gott wird als wohlwollend und die Guete selbst beschrieben, wieso wuerde ein allmaechtiger Gott boeses in die Welt lassen und andersweitig gute menschen mit ewigem Leid drohen nur weil diese nicht an ihn glauben?
Freier Wille ist keine Ausrede da diese unter einem allmaechtigen, allwissendem Gott der ein Plan verfolgt nicht existieren kann.

Egal wie man es dreht und wendet, diese Beschreibung von Gott kann nicht fuer unser Universum zutreffen.
>>
>>36689561
Bible-based churches still teach about Hell.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.