[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"you're not confident" Why do people feel the

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

File: 1482893672730.png (57KB, 327x137px) Image search: [Google]
1482893672730.png
57KB, 327x137px
"you're not confident"

Why do people feel the need to say this? It's happened twice in my workplace.
>>
maybe cause you're not confident n you shud step it up
>>
>>36689101
Maybe its because they can see that the personality you are putting on for them is fake. Maybe you speak too loudly and enunciate too hard and it comes across as desperate.
>>
It's a normie thing. They like pointing things out about people, usually to their faces. Positive or negative. Never understood it myself tbqh
>>
>>36689141
They lack empathy and depth of thought and are used to just seeing things for how they are at face value and passing immediate judgement on those things.

It literally never crosses the average normie's mind that you might be a different person beneath their first impression or that their words might hurt your feelings.
>>
>>36689134
>Maybe its because they can see that the personality you are putting on for them is fake. Maybe you speak too loudly and enunciate too hard and it comes across as desperate.

Please explain, I do try my best to appear confident and speak loud and clear.
>>
>>36689167
it's because they lack the self awareness to realise it's insulting to point it out.

they think they are helping and maybe you just needed someone to point it out to fix whatever it is
>>
File: 1484517376060.png (105KB, 635x493px) Image search: [Google]
1484517376060.png
105KB, 635x493px
what if all you ever really had to do WAS be yourself
>>
Because they're confident. If they weren't confident, they'd be unhappy. They're projecting their own knowledge that being confident makes you happy so they want you to be happy too.

>>36689208
It's not an insult, you can take it as an insult though if you have low self-esteem.
>>
File: b0zirCo.jpg (20KB, 337x372px) Image search: [Google]
b0zirCo.jpg
20KB, 337x372px
What if others see us the way we actually are and the masks we wear in public don't actually work
>>
>>36689208
Oh, definitely.

Normies are tragically lacking in self-awareness, depth of thought and the ability to think outside of themselves. When you talk to some of these people, you'll be blown away by how shallow their thoughts, motivations and goals are. They seem to take almost everything at fake value and, if not, they either have very little interest in finding out what lies beneath the surface or don't dig deep enough for their opinions to be of any merit.

They live for distractions, hedonistic indulgences and whatever their culture has sold to them as the "correct" way to live and die.
>>
>>36689253
It is an insult, whether it's intended or not
>>
>>36689101
Maybe its because you lack confidence? They can feel if you are nervous and not comfortable in social settings.

Confidence is one of the only time the "fake it, till you make it" holds true.
>>
>>36689285

Hahahaha, you should leave your basement more often and interact with real people if this is how you truly view the world.
>>
>>36689380
>They can feel if you are nervous and not comfortable in social settings
So the best course of action their tiny normie brain came up with was to draw attention to the problem, most likely in front of people, instead of just ignoring it. What was the intent? Do they think telling them they lack confidence is going to flip a confidence switch on or something?. The normie brain truly is something
>>
>>36689272
spoopy
thankfully not the case because when's the last time you saw a person and thought he or she (>implying) was a complex person
>>
>>36689101

Because you are cramping their style. The way you behave matters and affects the people around you, just like how the way people around you affects you.
>>
>>36689412

Like it or not, confidence is something that goes a long way in life and social settings. Being a nervous robot will get you no where.

You take it as a personal insult, but they may just be trying to help. Confidence is something that can be changed with practice. Stop thinking everyone is out to get you.
>>
>>36689456
I wish people would ignore me tbqh. Just pretend like I'm not there. Jesus. Do people have to fucking talk all the time. If someone in the room being quiet is "cramping their style" then they have some fucking mental problems
>>
>>36689459
>Confidence is something that can be changed with practice.

For some.
>>
>>36689101

It would require some analysis, but I suspect the reason is your lack of confidence
>>
>>36689380
>They can feel if you are nervous and not comfortable in social settings.

So now normies have extrasensory abilities?
>>
>>36689528

For all. Just depends on the subject and place. I am sure there are some things that you can discuss with confidence. Stop being so negative.
>>
>>36689528
oh a special snowflake! Have a nice day :))))
>>
>>36689528

It's within the grasp of all human beings.
>>
>>36689545
No, they can read body language and pick up social clues, abilities the average robot lacks
>>
>>36689560
It depends more on the other person than myself. I can talk about the music I like but it'll bore the average person to tears.
>>
>>36689545
Not saying that, but anyone can see when someone is super uncomfortable.
>>
>>36689613
Being boring is different from confidence.

Unconfident people make normies uncomfortable, boring people are simply boring
>>
>>36689647
It's hard to be "confident" when what you have to say is of no interest.
>>
>>36689647
why would that make someone feel "uncomfortable"? most people only act awkwardly because of the sum of their life experiences, and normal people have typically been the ones that provided them with negative feedback - if i only leave the house once a week, i probably did not encounter someone else who lives the same, and they were probably not the one that interacted in an unpleasant way with me. are normal people merely being reminded that there are other people out there who are inferior to them, which somehow makes them feel guilty or something?
>>
>>36689708
I don't think they know how to react around awkward people. Talking about mundane bullshit with other normies is like breathing to them, but when they are challenged even the slightest, they don't know what to do
>>
>>36689708

Being awkward makes the other person feel awkward. Has noting to do with feeling superior or guilty about someone else. Awkward situations are uncomfortable. You are digging way deeper than you need to. Normies don't care to think that much about you, they have plenty of other shit going on in their lives.
>>
>>36689730

Talking about "mundane shit" is "small talk" and it is a skill most humans have. If you lack that you aren't challenging anyone.
>>
>>36689805
I know what small talk is, and I do suck at it. That's what I mean by it challenging them. They don't know how to deal with people who can't engage in small talk with them
>>
>>36689863

How do you deal with a stranger who can't engage in small talk? I don't want to have deep conversations with someone I don't know.

How do you expect people to respond to your "challenge?"
>>
>>36689890
By not talking to me in the first place, or by taking a hint once they find out I'm socially inept
>>
I actually had my best friend tell me this one night while drinking with some other friends. He told me I was cool but came off as insecure sometimes and he just knew I could act better. I got mad at first and tried to fight it and denied it but I later learned he was right, I was more confident than past me but still had some issues opening up and not always apologizing and hiding. I'm a lot better now but man its hard being human.
>>
File: 1474169765230.jpg (110KB, 590x572px) Image search: [Google]
1474169765230.jpg
110KB, 590x572px
>>36689101
this faggot I work with said this to me once, and it really got me instantly annoyed, so I said go fuck yourself faggot. He went and told the manager, and the manager didn't believe him that I would say that.
>mfw
>>
>>36689501
Fucking this.

Mind your own business, normalscum!
>>
>>36690029
>have pure, quiet angel reputation at work
>have literally heard people say I would never do something mean
>tfw I could actually get away with this
>>
>>36690053
They're just waiting for you to slip up...Then the feeling will haunt you...they will find you
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.