[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw something is fundamentally wrong with your brain and

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: gore.jpg (42KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
gore.jpg
42KB, 1280x720px
>tfw something is fundamentally wrong with your brain and you're not sure exactly what it is

everytime I think I know what illness condition I think I have be it autism/ aspergers/ depression etcetc I realize it's probably not it

I just feel completely uncomfortable with life on a basal level. As if I'm on some wavelength that doesn't sync with the state of the universe. I can't relate to others or seem to think like them yet I understand social cues etc

what the god damn is wrong with me
>>
>>36685994
I feel the same way anon, I've had 3 seperate doctors tell me that I'm severely depressed, autistic, or schizophrenic. I'm not really sure what to believe anymore, but I know I'm not autistic or crazy. Just lonely.
>>
We both like BalloonShop so it could be aspergers

I'm so sorry
>>
>>36686049
I seem to have a lot of the symptoms but I can read facial expressions fine and body language
>>
The ordinary state of a human being is a vague sense of unease and dissatisfaction.

That's what keeps us running on the hedonic treadmill until we die.

This is especially the case if your way of life is far removed, fundamentally, from how you would like it to be.

I channel my discomfort into gardening. I wish I could do it for a career but it's not economically viable as a livelihood in my particular set of circumstances.

I think I would be very happy if I had a small farm next to a river, a nice little cottage, a sweet wife, and no boss breathing down my neck or taking the lion's share of the value I created as profit while paying me only scraps.

I would still probably have that vague sense of unease, but I would channel it into farming. I really could see myself doing that every day for fifty years and being okay with it.
>>
>>36685994
>>36686037
You can't narrow it down to a single mental disorder because psychology is a soft science, meaning it's just a bunch of bullshit.

There is no such thing as a "normal" setting the human psyche should be. At best you can average it out based on the general population's mindset. The fact that we're conscious at all is insane as fuck.
>>
You're somewhere on the spectrum. There are some gray areas, but what you describe is very reminiscent of high functioning autism.
>>
>>36686067
Same here, I'm also decent with eye contact, funnily enough I'm never the first to break it
>>
>>36685994
>>36686037
There's nothing wrong with either one of you sunlight and socialization won't fix. That's all it is. Loneliness.

But loneliness is easy to cure.
>>
>>36686256
god damnit

*not easy to cure

Especially when you get older and the easy methods of socializing begin to fade away and your family starts to write you off and focus on younger members.
>>
>>36686256
I used to socialize a lot in high school and was still the same. If I was friends with someone for a while they usually got sick of me

I can kind of pretend to be normal until people really get to know me
>>
>>36686277
I'll add one more thing that socializing with your family can only ease the pain so much. People need real friends, not just talking to mom and dad. You won't have much in common with your parents, and they're from a different generation, and you're going to have to censor yourself a lot of the time.
>>
>>36686301
Some people don't really find their group until after high school. That's what you have to do now. Find where your real home is. It's out there, not at the bottom of a pill bottle.
>>
>>36686067

The whole thing about Aspergers is that you don't usually have ALL the symptoms. And, sometimes body language is something you can learn, especially if you have low self-confidence and thus are always worried that people find you boring or are trying to escape.

I believe depression will become so common in future generations that the whole definition will change. Doing everything online and being on social media all the time remove the literal social (in person) relationships that help us not be depressed.
>>
File: 1493467733690.png (51KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1493467733690.png
51KB, 657x527px
>>36686049
I fucking love BalloonShop
I've seen like every single one of their videos at least a few times

>ywn have a couple of bros to make random videos with
why even live
>>
>>36686416
Joshua is a tranny now
>>
>>36685994
>I just feel completely uncomfortable with life on a basal level.
Generalized anxiety disorder?
>>
>>36686037
>>36686130
You can, but not by going to some general practice medical doctor. Go to a psychiatrist and they'll have you take a series of multiple choice tests designed to diagnose different sorts of mental illnesses.
>>
File: Blurry Pepe.jpg (111KB, 1252x1252px) Image search: [Google]
Blurry Pepe.jpg
111KB, 1252x1252px
>>36685994
>Tfw know there isn't anything fundamentally wrong with my brain since I used to be happy a couple years ago, but can't change my environment to be the way it was which caused me to be happy then
>>
>>36686256

Sunlight maybe, but I can't control the weather.

Socialization makes me feel even shittier than usual.
>>
>>36685994
I just wan't to know if I can have NEETbux for my condition.
>>
>>36685994
For what it's worth, I know those exact feels OP...
>>
>>36685994
The current world is starting to rip apart. More sensitive people feel it deep down. The psychocultural structures that gave the world shape and meaning have been worn down and destroyed.

In terms that might be easier to understand. It's like when you've beat a game, and you are just kind of dicking around in the game world. That's where our culture is at. What was once such a strong motivation, is now gone.
>>
>>36686488
really? he looked like a sissy to me
>>
>>36686710
Well, what about working towards space travel/colonization? There are still things to learn/create/and improve upon in our current society.
Also, not every culture is similar to the 1st world cultures. There are places that need a lot of work to get that stage of being able to just dick around.
>>
>>36686119
this was a very comfy post my man
>>
File: 1490138630154.jpg (99KB, 634x634px) Image search: [Google]
1490138630154.jpg
99KB, 634x634px
>>36686710
This... is honestly one of the most insightful posts I've ever read. The more I contemplate it, the more sense it makes to me. You have my gratitude friend.
>>
>>36686941
Hmm.... you just don't get it do you?
>>
>>36687392
It's more that I'm trying to think around it, make sense of some questions, not disagreeing.

Like, is that feeling actually caused by what that post was saying?
What makes what I listed as possible motivation not good enough compared to what once was?
If there's not an explanation then is the feeling possibly caused by something else?
>>
>>36685994
sound like u got depersonalisation there buddy
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.