[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I find band members? I will kill myself tonight if I can't

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

How do I find band members? I will kill myself tonight if I can't develop a good action plan. No going solo.
>>
>>36684400
Tinder!!

orgasmic piss
>>
>>36684430
I don't think Tinder is the best way to find band members.
>>
>>36684400
It's 2017. Bands are going extinct. Wait for them to do so. Then start a band when it's the history repeats itself meme. Just like beards and clean shaved faces. Once it was beards, then clean shave, then beards again. Remember me when you're famous and buy me a house and a car for this knowledge.
>>
>>36684400
Craigslist?

Just mention what you play, what your influences are, how long you've played said instrument, what sort of band you're trying to start, and what members you're looking for

Music is life senpai. Good luck
>>
>>36684400
Where do you live? Do you play metal? I wish I had band mates too.
>>
>>36684400
Just find a pre-existing band and subtly work the band members against the person who plays the same instrument you do until they kick him out and you offer your services as a friend who's been getting to know the band.
>>
>>36684475
Done this already. Been posting ads for a couple of months now. Nobody seems to be interested.
>>
>>36684489
Utah, punk.
>>
>>36684498
How do I even meet pre-established bands to begin with?
>>
>>36684537
Start practicing at a shared space, go to parties
>>
>>36684618
Go to shows, dingus. Local bands usually like to hang out at the bar after their set.
>>
>>36684537
Do you have a musical instruments shop by you? Ask if you can leave flyers. Also go see local musicians and after the show ask if they know people available. Performing musicians almost always know other performing or willing to perform musicians. Get to know local acts in your area even if they play music that isn't what your into. There's a good number of players who aren't picky about what music they play, they just wanna play. I recommend also having this attitude as well. Be willing to play other things.

For example, I'm a metal guitarist through and through, but I've played with a smooth jazz group for a few shows, and I've played with a blues rock act for a bit. I just took the spots so I could get show experience, and to get to know other local musicians.
>>
>>36684802
I just don't even know where to start. We don't have bars where I'm at. It's legit the bands come in and leave through the back, at least from my experience going to shows here.
>>
I have no idea, but reading Korean Pop Robots 9000 might help with the feels for a little

https://pastebin.com/wrXUhtWz
>>
there's a website called bandmix that does exactly this but i don't know how effective it is
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.