[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

After graduating high school, I've been really depressed

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (158KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
158KB, 1600x1200px
After graduating high school, I've been really depressed and aimless. I have nothing to do during the day most of the time and I don't know where I'd like to go with my life, but I know that even though I'm awkward and anxious I really want to help alleviate other peoples' suffering and make them happy, because I actually really like other people even though they frighten and intimidate me. I guess I want to know what your thoughts are on this. How can I help people? Is it even possible, or am I being idealistic hoping that I can make a difference in another person's life? I'm very non-judgmental and don't mind working with people of any background but I really don't know how I should even start. Most volunteer opportunities I see don't actually help people and are more about gaining some sort of experience or education credit so I don't know that I'd like to go that route...any ideas? Other than me killing myself, I mean. Because don't worry, that's on the list.
>>
There's no point in helping other people. They would never do the same for you, so helping them is fucking pointless. They'll act like they give a shit about you while you're still helping them, but the moment that they've depleted you of all of your usefulness they'll abandon you and leave you worse off than when you started. Don't waste time on other people, if you truly have nothing else to live for for yourself, then just an hero. No point living a life to help others who wouldn't do the same.
>>
>>36683202
Checked mate

Original
>>
>>36683292
I don't believe that, though. I think it's really sad how the world has made so many people believe that and I'd like to show that some people do still care and are still selfless. Helping people isn't about whether or not they would help you back.
>>
>>36683323
It's human nature to be selfish. If they can't offer you anything in return, then why care? Going back all the way to the stone age, the whole reason humans grouped together in the first place was to help themselves. Morality is a social construct, and empathy is a crutch. The moment you stop caring about other people is when you'll be the happiest in life, I can guarantee it
>>
>>36683202

Why are these shitty 3d animations popular in Germany? Lived there abroad for a year and found that many educational videos had them in there.
>>
>>36683375
Judging from all these sad people on 4chan that hate everyone else, I'd disagree with you. I think our values as a society have definitely degraded but there are still good people who want to help those who are suffering so isn't there still hope? If I can help one miserable person and make them happy isn't that better than living a selfish existence? Shouldn't we try to rise above the behaviors that we hate?
>>
I don't think there's much you can do as someone who's only graduated high school. I'd say the best you could do is befriend some lonely robot so they have someone who cares about them.
>>
>>36683466
But most people are shit, including the ones you want to help. Even if they're good people when they're suffering, the moment that they regain happiness and balance in their life they go back to being selfish, shitty people
>>
>>36683476
I have a car, money, and a high school diploma. I'm able bodied and good intentioned. There must be something I can do. And I don't even know how to go about befriending a robot/sad person. I'm awkward too. Do you have advice on that?
>>
>>36683551
So what? Maybe after I help someone they want to do the same for someone else. Or maybe they don't. Either way I still helped someone feel less miserable and isn't that worth the effort regardless of their reaction? The intention isn't self gain it's the happiness of the other person. I've felt so miserable that I wanted to die, and now I want to help prevent someone else from feeling that way if I can because I know how bad it can be.
>>
>>36683662
You want to help others so that you can be happy. You've proven my point, anon. People only do things for self-gain. At the end of the day, you're not even helping yourself either because that happiness will be short-lived anyways.
>>
>>36683707
Where do you get that? I want to help other people because I can empathize with them and I don't want others to feel the way I feel and If I get fulfillment out of it, then what's wrong with that? I'm helping others while helping myself. So what?
>>
>>36683821
You're not actually helping yourself, you're trying to give other the happiness you want by ruining yourself further. I know this because I used to be like you, and look where I am now. Everyone I've ever known who has tried the same has all ended up in the same place. People will fucking hurt you in this world, but I don't expect a recent high school graduate to understand that. Go ahead, try and help people, but I can promise you that in the end you'll be the one at the bottom of it all.
>>
>>36683911
I think you're wrong. I'm very kind and I have a lot to offer. People have changed my life before with kindness, patience, and sensitivity and I believe I can do the same for someone else. Anyone can. I want to be a good person and treat others well, so I will. I want to help people and I'm not sure how to do that yet, but I will. I won't let negativity and failure turn me into a pessimist. You shouldn't either. We should all try to be good and kind, not in spite of but because of the lack of goodness and kindness in the world right now.
>>
Hey anyone need help?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.